On GoS - photos of the Mayflower, NOW WITH DAY 3 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS - photos of the Mayflower, NOW WITH DAY 3

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":3cmx7bq4 said:
That looks like more than 1800 seats. That looks like it's covering the whole of the Mayflower, which I thought the last time the temp seats were in was something like more than 3000

PS Just checked Wickipedia The Mayflower Terrace was replaced by temporary, unreserved seating with a capacity of 3,500.
Wider gangways? More leg room? Bigger framework?

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":1u4pi0vd said:
That looks like more than 1800 seats. That looks like it's covering the whole of the Mayflower, which I thought the last time the temp seats were in was something like more than 3000

PS Just checked Wickipedia The Mayflower Terrace was replaced by temporary, unreserved seating with a capacity of 3,500.
Wikipedia? Pah! What you want is a reliable source, even if it does say the same! GoS's Daily Diary (scroll to the 20th)

Dec 3, 2005
Brilliant, thank you GoS - looks like they know what they are doing - to me there looks likely to be MORE then the 1800 mentioned, I am sure when it was done before the whole lengh of the Mayflower was filled with seats and that was 3,500. This looks like it is filling the whole side as well. Hope it doesn't interfere with the view from the 'old' Mayflower seats already there.

djg145":3m16chbh said:
Brilliant, thank you GoS - looks like they know what they are doing - to me there looks likely to be MORE then the 1800 mentioned, I am sure when it was done before the whole lengh of the Mayflower was filled with seats and that was 3,500. This looks like it is filling the whole side as well. Hope it doesn't interfere with the view from the 'old' Mayflower seats already there.

My ol' place and still is for the first 2 games of the season !! :whistle:

Keep the Faith :scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If the view for fans sat in the old Mayflower wooden seats is now obstructed I wonder if they will be moved to the back rows of these temporary seats, that might explain why 1,800 temporary seats are actually being sold but from the photos it looks to be a lot more seats?
Although if this was the case the club would have announced something.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
PL2 3DQ":2z7eivlv said:
If the view for fans sat in the old Mayflower wooden seats is now obstructed I wonder if they will be moved to the back rows of these temporary seats, that might explain why 1,800 temporary seats are actually being sold but from the photos it looks to be a lot more seats?

Yes, for sure they would've Postey. :whistle:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
kernow19":15exew7k said:
PL2 3DQ":15exew7k said:

Yes, for sure they would've Postey. :whistle:

Looking at it this morning I thought the same thing.

Visually it definitely looks like more than 1800 and it will most likely obstruct the view of the seats at the back.

Perhaps those sitting in the old seats will be moved in to the new seats, hence the 1800 figure is slightly reduced to accommodate this.

Has any one sitting in the old mayflower seats been asked to relocate?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
pedro91":77s2cuzw said:
PL2 3DQ":77s2cuzw said:
Nice one. Is it restrictive viewing from the Mayflower wooden seats?
There was no problem when they were there before.

I know, those seats were lower, the scaffolding for the new seats seems to be raised higher. We'll find out soon enough.

Dec 19, 2009
PL2 3DQ":y1o2xbmt said:
pedro91":y1o2xbmt said:
PL2 3DQ":y1o2xbmt said:

I know, those seats were lower, the scaffolding for the new seats seems to be raised higher. We'll find out soon enough.

If it restricts my view, and it certainly looks like it will to some degree, I'll be well pi$$ed off, especially as it's primarily being built to accommodate a few extra plastics, Green or Red!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Nothing like making assumptions and getting angry before you know the facts :facepalm:

Mar 8, 2016
keyser soze":2w4s35sl said:
PL2 3DQ":2w4s35sl said:
pedro91":2w4s35sl said:
PL2 3DQ":2w4s35sl said:

If it restricts my view, and it certainly looks like it will to some degree, I'll be well pi$$ed off, especially as it's primarily being built to accommodate a few extra plastics, Green or Red!! :furious: :furious: :furious:

Hmmm, they do look very high at the moment. Surely they would have taken the seats behind into account so I wouldn't worry.