On GoS - photos of the Mayflower, NOW WITH DAY 3 | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS - photos of the Mayflower, NOW WITH DAY 3

Mar 8, 2016
"High and mighty" is that the name of the temporary stand? Seriously wait until it's finished. They would have taken this into account.

Aug 10, 2006
keyser soze":21xsjk99 said:
PL2 3DQ":21xsjk99 said:
pedro91":21xsjk99 said:
PL2 3DQ":21xsjk99 said:
Nice one. Is it restrictive viewing from the Mayflower wooden seats?
There was no problem when they were there before.

I know, those seats were lower, the scaffolding for the new seats seems to be raised higher. We'll find out soon enough.

If it restricts my view, and it certainly looks like it will to some degree, I'll be well pi$$ed off, especially as it's primarily being built to accommodate a few extra plastics, Green or Red!! :furious: :furious: :furious:
did you have restricted view when people used to stand on the mayflower.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Being very greedy but any more progress/pics from this? :)

Feb 23, 2008
Plymouth
I saw a few trucks bringing seats along Outland road earlier. They are grey and not green, I'm sure all the moaners will slate the club for that!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Steve GoS has been up there since about 1300 hrs so we should get some good ones soon.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Looking forward to seeing the new photos.

Seems a shame if it will be all be dismantled after the Liverpool game after all that effort.

Dec 3, 2005
IJN":3p2sy3se said:
Steve GoS has been up there since about 1300 hrs so we should get some good ones soon.

Nothing wrong with Sue's yesterday - very good in fact - though i bet the workers were wondering who the lady was taking all those pictures of them lol :scarf:

Apr 6, 2009
Went up there today, it does indeed look very high so we will have to wait and see with regards to mayflower seats. I stood on the mayflower seats part and front two rows especially look like they'd ve restricted

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
katkin":2ua4d7mq said:
Went up there today, it does indeed look very high so we will have to wait and see with regards to mayflower seats. I stood on the mayflower seats part and front two rows especially look like they'd ve restricted
Surprised there were no jobsworths asking why you were there!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dec 19, 2009
loyal1970":3i37mu1r said:
keyser soze":3i37mu1r said:
PL2 3DQ":3i37mu1r said:
pedro91":3i37mu1r said:
PL2 3DQ":3i37mu1r said:
Nice one. Is it restrictive viewing from the Mayflower wooden seats?
There was no problem when they were there before.

I know, those seats were lower, the scaffolding for the new seats seems to be raised higher. We'll find out soon enough.

If it restricts my view, and it certainly looks like it will to some degree, I'll be well pi$$ed off, especially as it's primarily being built to accommodate a few extra plastics, Green or Red!! :furious: :furious: :furious:
did you have restricted view when people used to stand on the mayflower.

Not at all and the previous seats weren't much of an issue either until excitment kicked in and people stood up briefly. I actually miss not having spectators in front, the atmosphere has never been the same since the previous seating was removed. The problem with this latest setup though is that the framework looks to be pretty high at the back and at the very least there'll be a bunch of scaffold poles to contend with. Just have to wait and see I guess but if it is bad I don't expect a steward to try and enforce a sit down rule!!

Mar 9, 2011
djg145":1dy0vovm said:
-... though i bet the workers were wondering who the lady was taking all those pictures of them lol :scarf:

Ha, ha – I went over to explain why I’d be taking the photos throughout the morning / afternoon. A good bunch of lads, both friendly and funny, who, even though the two teams came from different parts of the UK, worked very efficiently together from the moment they started to work on this project. It was amazing how quickly things were coming together.

I’m eagerly awaiting today’s photos from Steve, too, to see how they’ve progressed now.

This was a view from the Tribute Lounge I forgot to add in yesterday … I know the longest bar at the back of the build is going to be for the purpose of a handrail.

DSC03149_zpsofuid4us.jpg

Mar 9, 2011
pedro91":1ptccdo7 said:
what about green and white sheets in devonport and Lyndhurst?
When are you going to start putting them out and will you be alright to pick them all up on your own, afterwards? ;)

Joking aside :) would have looked good - but not a cat in hell's chance of doing this. Just get the scarves, flags and voices out to get behind the lads :thumbup:

Dec 3, 2005
Sue Pollard":9rov22ab said:
djg145":9rov22ab said:
-... though i bet the workers were wondering who the lady was taking all those pictures of them lol :scarf:

Ha, ha – I went over to explain why I’d be taking the photos throughout the morning / afternoon. A good bunch of lads, both friendly and funny, who, even though the two teams came from different parts of the UK, worked very efficiently together from the moment they started to work on this project. It was amazing how quickly things were coming together.

I’m eagerly awaiting today’s photos from Steve, too, to see how they’ve progressed now.

This was a view from the Tribute Lounge I forgot to add in yesterday … I know the longest bar at the back of the build is going to be for the purpose of a handrail.

DSC03149_zpsofuid4us.jpg

LOOKS LIKE A RESTRICTED VIEW FOR THE SUPPORTERS IN THE FRONT ROW

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
I've just added a few more, as of 3 o'clock this afternoon. Sorry, not many this time, it was difficult because there was so much going on at Home Park behind the scenes, and therefore only so much luck I could push in the circumstances. Grateful thanks to PAFC and Jon Back in particular. Hopefully some more tomorrow, if Sue can get there.

Not great ones today I'm afraid - murky weather + camera problems - but you get the picture. (Ha ha, geddit?)

Greens on Screen