R.I.P Ponty | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

R.I.P Ponty

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Absolutely gutted even when you know something is inevitable.

This thread shows what a guy we’ve lost, Steve had so many friends in the Argyle community and I’m sure we all have our own Unique memories of him.

We met by fluke really on the Mayflower Terrace, we’d stand in the same place and over the weeks and months would exchange hellos and share a ciggy, one day I over heard him talking to a certain BennyBullfrog about Pasoti and being a member sent him PM taking the P winding him up really. From that an amazing friendship was born, he introduced me to the SWAGs, who to a man were fantastic - it’s lovely to see so many post on this thread and he’d be chuffed and smiling away.

We did so many games over the years, far too many to half remember and the events and stories that flowed were brilliant and if you weren’t there you’d never believe some of it! but for me thinking of all these over the last 48 hours it was kind of fitting our last together was at the home of the then European Champions and so very very nearly pulled of the shock of all shocks!

Sleep easy my friend 💚

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Just seen this not having been on the site for a few days. As others have said, never met Ponty but he was an ever present fixture on Pasoti in all the years I have been visiting this site so you think you get to know him, and his humour.

RIP Pilgrim.

MikeD

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Oct 20, 2003
Calgary, Canada
RIP Ponty, Pasoti legend.

My condolences to your family.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Sad news and my condolences to the family.

Oct 19, 2023
RIP. Condolences to family and friends.

Steve let me and a couple of others stay at his house for new years 2007/08 (unless my memory is wrong and it was Kev’s house), and New Year’s Day we went to the Cardiff game.

My new job in Plymouth started the day after and from then I went to less games and over the years lost contact.

He did drive to Hull away once and he broke down on the m42. Just about made it to kick off, somehow. A legendary drive.

I drove to Hull the next time and he and Kev pointed out I was tailgating the police 😂

Good memories of other games. Thank you for letting me stay at your house, and sorry for losing contact.

Was hoping to get to an away game this season with my eldest son. Steve and Bomber would have been 2 guys I’d have kept my eye out for. Moral of the story - keep in touch with your mates!!

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
There was an article in Wales Online (Western Mail) about him yesterday link
Thank you for posting that.

I can remember the post on the mod board where he said he was in pain and going to the doctors. (We all have a moan up there).

He had a great sense of humour which will be missed massively.

Reactions: Plymouth Jack

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
By the way, it won't mean a lot to you guys but the Mod Board has now been renamed 'Ponty's Lounge' that's the way he always treated it.

He always said it was a good place to go and vent and by 'eck he often did.

I sent him a wooden carved (laminate actually) Argyle crest about 2 months ago, you'd think he'd been given the crown jewels, he loved stuff like that, not enormously expensive but he like the thought that we were thinking of him.

A great shock to all of us and the GTs, that's how most of us really got to know him.

His sense of humour was wicked, I can remember we were at Notts County many many moons ago. We were in the fans lounge and it suddenly became very 'boisterous' Argyle fans were being chucked out despite it being Notts fans that were causing the trouble.

They thought they cleared the room of all Argyle fans but Steve and I remained, only because I had found a pillar with a power socket, I was standing there charging my very early iPhone.

'C'mon Ian have you not charged that bleddy thing yet, my Nokia doesn't need that much charging' I replied 'all fine Steve, I have 90% that will suffice' - with that the lanky sod shouted 'Green Army' at the top of his voice. 🤣 We got out but I was minus a charger.

He was one of a kind and an evil sense of humour in so many ways.