Reid to miss start of pre-season | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid to miss start of pre-season

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying I'm disagreeing with you, that's the way it works on here isn't it?

41 goals in two seasons speaks for itself in MY opinion (obviously not yours).

What happens in your world then Cerbs, you write something and no one can make a counter argument??

As for Nathan Thomas, have I typed that? I think it, but I'm surprised if I posted it anywhere.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me. You were the one who said he's a decent player, end of. Not me. That would imply that no further discussion is permitted. I didn't say that anyone who disagreed with me was wrong. the whole point of this message board is discussion. You brought Nathan into it, not me. I was happy to discuss whether Reuben was the new messiah or just a naughty boy.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Rich - Sir Thomas was talking about Tynan not Nathan. :lol:

I see what you mean about the 'end of' - Perhaps that does come across as a bit dictatorial.

Perhaps I should have said 'Any player who scores 41 goals in 2 seasons should be, in my opinion, regarded as a very decent player'.

:thumbup:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I thought everyone knew that there is only one knighted Thomas amongst our ranks General.

I certainly try not to slag off any players on here, and have always tried to follow that rule, it's a bit liking booing players in my book.

Mind you when they leave....................... :lol:

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I can never get my head around people's apparent dislike for Reid. The best player we've had on our books for a long time, with perhaps the exception of McCormick. He bangs in goals for fun. Give him some cover so he doesn't have to play all game every game and my money is on him scoring even more.

Aug 10, 2006
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":1cdlg7pj said:
I can never get my head around people's apparent dislike for Reid. The best player we've had on our books for a long time, with perhaps the exception of McCormick. He bangs in goals for fun. Give him some cover so he doesn't have to play all game every game and my money is on him scoring even more.
just because he scored 20 goal's that don't make him our best player.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

loyal1970":28fd00ma said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":28fd00ma said:
I can never get my head around people's apparent dislike for Reid. The best player we've had on our books for a long time, with perhaps the exception of McCormick. He bangs in goals for fun. Give him some cover so he doesn't have to play all game every game and my money is on him scoring even more.[/quote just because he scored 20 goal's that don't make him our best player.

I'd argue that it does - certainly at this level.

Name one player that if you removed from the squad entirely last season (let's say an injury) that would have had such a detrimental impact upon the team's performance. Luke perhaps. No one else gets close.

Mar 23, 2008
Shame but I fall into the camp who feels Brunt is a decent player and could come really good for us. He's very good in the air, fairly mobile for a big chap and has shown as eye for a goal. When RR is fit and if we play two up top and think they could work well together. RR is often played as a target man but not a role he looks like he enjoys.

Apr 30, 2011
Why have we waited more than a month to decide he needs an operation? Surely that could have been diagnosed when the injury came about then got the op done as soon as the season finished? Reid was in fantastic condition start of last season and that showed in his performances. He lost some conditioning around Xmas and never really looked the same player after that. A fit, motivated Reid would be with a Championship club.

Reid was carrying an injury the whole second half of the season. Atkinson has gone on record to say exactly that. Nothing "allegedly" about it.

Reid's game is not based off chasing lost causes. He needs to save himself for those little bursts of pace and power. He's built like a sprinter not a marathon runner - you wouldn't get Usain Bolt running the steeplechase would you? If he runs after too many lost causes he'll lose that power. It's not that he's lazy it's that he's smart.

Reid is a very good player when he's fit. Brunt's okay but he's not a patch on a fit Reid, at all.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Let the man rest, and then get him back in the team, fitter and stronger.

We need him, and he has been a class act the past two seasons - the stats don't lie - without his goals we'd have been lower mid table...

C

Cobi Budge.

I know I'm pretty much the only Argyle fan who rates him but does anybody know when Smalley is expected to return?