Reid to miss start of pre-season | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid to miss start of pre-season

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Knarf Reprah":1iiqotbj said:
greenwelly":1iiqotbj said:
Pre-season now upon us. Reuban to miss start. Anybody got any news as to where he currently is in terms of rehab & when he is hoping to be back?
Not for a while I hope......look at Brunt and Ansah at Shrewsbury......end of
Sorry, one game was that? One game in which nothing mattered?

Sorry but Reid has done it consistently for two seasons. Our best outfield player and most important.

Sep 8, 2013
My enquiry was made in the hope that there would be some positive news re possible return. OK after his injury he was not the force he was before, but a fully recovered and fit Reuben has to be what we want. Then let them fight to earn selection.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Knarf Reprah":1qv2rch4 said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":1qv2rch4 said:
Sorry but Reid has done it consistently for two seasons. Our best outfield player and most important.
:shock: :funny:

Are we talking about the same Reid?

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
I wouldn't waste your time debating with him on the subject of RR.

To Frank he is useless and lazy, the fact the he is the first Argyle player in years to score back to back 20 goals a season is irrelevant, as is the fact the if we were to sell our entire playing staff, he would be the one that commanded the biggest transfer fee - thus as a business our biggest asset. Neither will it make a blind bit of difference if he scores 20+ this year.

RR isn't perfect, i dont think anyone suggested he was, but if you dont have the ability to see the positives that having RR on the playing staff has, then you probably need to ask the club for a seat that faces the pitch this year.

Jan 3, 2013
Voice_of_Reason":3gzf69ew said:
I wouldn't waste your time debating with him on the subject of RR.

To Frank he is useless and lazy, the fact the he is the first Argyle player in years to score back to back 20 goals a season is irrelevant, as is the fact the if we were to sell our entire playing staff, he would be the one that commanded the biggest transfer fee - thus as a business our biggest asset. Neither will it make a blind bit of difference if he scores 20+ this year.

RR isn't perfect, i dont think anyone suggested he was, but if you dont have the ability to see the positives that having RR on the playing staff has, then you probably need to ask the club for a seat that faces the pitch this year.
each to their own opinion. I've never rated him.....my opinion I just think that we defend better with a running striker

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
For those who want a reminder of how fat, lazy and useless RR is, last season's league goals table looks like:

Code:
Player	       Club	                    Goals
Matt Tubbs	   AFC Wimbledon/Portsmouth	21
Jamie Cureton	Dagenham & Redbridge	    19
Reuben Reid	  Plymouth Argyle	         18
Marc Richards	Northampton Town           18
James Collins	Shrewsbury Town	         15
Tom Nichols	  Exeter City                15
Barry Corr	   Southend United	         14
Danny Hylton	 Oxford United              14
Jed Wallace	  Portsmouth                 14
A. Akinfenwa	 AFC Wimbledon	           13
Mark Cullen	  Luton Town                 13

Not bad given he was carrying an injury for the last few months.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
So in a side that was made up of 3 centre backs, two wing backs (one of who played centre back), 3 central midfielders of which at least two were classed as defensive players (of which one again is a recognised centre back) - you were looking for greater defensive responsibility for our one out and out attacking player?

Jan 3, 2013
Yes. All great teams defend from the front. Can't you see that the reason we played so deeply was because the forwards weren't worrying our opponents' back four allowing them to bring the ball out unopposed

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
And yet we had one of the best defensive records in the country.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I never saw RR duck out of running back until he was injured.

He played way past when he should have (Exeter away was his last good game IMHO).

Any manager that was not 'risk averse' would have played Brunt up front for the majority of the games from then.

We're now paying for that, and many of us can look forward to seeing Reuben fresh again, whenever he is ready.

Jan 3, 2013
IJN":2u9dqvod said:
I never saw RR duck out of running back until he was injured.

He played way past when he should have (Exeter away was his last good game IMHO).

Any manager that was not 'risk averse' would have played Brunt up front for the majority of the games from then.

We're now paying for that, and many of us can look forward to seeing Reuben fresh again, whenever he is ready.
i hope the lad has a great season, but if we're going to play ŵith pacy wingers I can see Jervis and Brunt starting......

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Yep I'm sure that DA is going to sideline a 20 goal a season striker. Grow on trees them!