Reid to miss start of pre-season | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reid to miss start of pre-season

Jun 8, 2014
Blimey I was never Lewi's biggest fan but Smalley made him look like Karim Benzema.

Early 2016 was the last I heard of his return? No idea if that's the same.

Jun 18, 2015
Not going to lie completely forgot about Smalley until he was mentioned on here. He was just an average striker for me although I dont think he was as bad as some people make him out too be.

Sep 2, 2008
I don't know if Reid is an Adams/Brewster type of player. It strikes me that A+B like a mobile, fleet of foot type of player which Reid most definitely isn't. When a quick striker 'gives & goes' the two motions are almost as one - when Reid does it, it's definitely two separate things. I don't think it's a bad thing that Reid won't be ready for the start of the season. From the little I saw of Brunt I would still prefer him up front.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
run_PAFC":7wcwxevg said:
Agree with Potty. Brunt has the potential to do very well under Adams. Reid is overrated - granted he's scored some goals the last few seasons but he's a lazy player.

Only 41 in the last 2. It's strange actually, it's like the "lazier" he gets, the more goals he scores. :roll:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Difficult to see that a player who has scored 20+ in the last two seasons and who most teams have double marked would not be an Adams/Brewster type player? Hopefully they can improve him and play him in the right team. 'Management' is having several good but different players and using them in the right way. COYG!! :scarf:

Nov 4, 2012
MannameadGreen":ihg7sqa2 said:
Reid was carrying an injury the whole second half of the season. Atkinson has gone on record to say exactly that. Nothing "allegedly" about it.

Reid's game is not based off chasing lost causes. He needs to save himself for those little bursts of pace and power. He's built like a sprinter not a marathon runner - you wouldn't get Usain Bolt running the steeplechase would you? If he runs after too many lost causes he'll lose that power. It's not that he's lazy it's that he's smart.

Reid is a very good player when he's fit. Brunt's okay but he's not a patch on a fit Reid, at all.

Exactly this.

PAFC94":1c7v35re said:
MannameadGreen":1c7v35re said:
Reid was carrying an injury the whole second half of the season. Atkinson has gone on record to say exactly that. Nothing "allegedly" about it.

Reid's game is not based off chasing lost causes. He needs to save himself for those little bursts of pace and power. He's built like a sprinter not a marathon runner - you wouldn't get Usain Bolt running the steeplechase would you? If he runs after too many lost causes he'll lose that power. It's not that he's lazy it's that he's smart.

Reid is a very good player when he's fit. Brunt's okay but he's not a patch on a fit Reid, at all.

Exactly this.

I agree with this up until the point that you barely see him sprint.

Feb 21, 2011
dayriderBusking":3sdnfyhc said:
PAFC94":3sdnfyhc said:
MannameadGreen":3sdnfyhc said:

Exactly this.

^^ idiotic comment, 41 goals in the last two seasons from a player that rarely sprints give me that over an industrious runner that gets 5 a season any day.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
dayriderBusking":h1rqfya8 said:
PAFC94":h1rqfya8 said:
MannameadGreen":h1rqfya8 said:

Exactly this.

A good player doesn't need to run around all the match like a headless chicken, he just needs to be in the right place at the right time. :greensmile:

Sep 8, 2013
Pre-season now upon us. Reuban to miss start. Anybody got any news as to where he currently is in terms of rehab & when he is hoping to be back?

Jan 3, 2013
greenwelly":lp18uitv said:
Pre-season now upon us. Reuban to miss start. Anybody got any news as to where he currently is in terms of rehab & when he is hoping to be back?
Not for a while I hope......look at Brunt and Ansah at Shrewsbury......end of

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":fdk4v596 said:
greenwelly":fdk4v596 said:
Not for a while I hope......look at Brunt and Ansah at Shrewsbury......end of
Look at Reuben's goal tally when he isn't playing with almost a broken foot.