Revised HHP Plans | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Revised HHP Plans

G

Greenskin

Don't_Panic":1nixm45h said:
Andy Holland":1nixm45h said:
The more I think about this, the more I think JB has taken us all for a ride.

We're going to get a crap, cheapest possible stand that will restrict us instead of pushing us on, whilst JB makes out like a bandit from the commercial ventures he shepherds through to the detriment of the club.

I cannot see how anyone can defend the original plans: they are nothing more than a sham.

God dammit it's post like this that get me coming back to this site when I'm trying my best to stop reading some more over the top nonsense. I have no doubt there are just as many people here on this site that are as happy with the plans presented then there are against it & that's not even getting started with the opinions of all the normal fans out there who just want to concentrate on the football side of things, making out that no one can defend these plans just because YOU don't like them & calling them a sham is just a complete overreaction to the situation, fine you don't agree with it, some people do, let them.

Not according to the polls taken on this and other websites.And if you think that "normal fans" are happy with the proposals then you are seriously deluded.Without exception,Argyle fans that i've spoken to [whose views can in no way be described extreme] are very worried about the situation and think that the situation represents Akkeron profits first and the welfare of Plymouth Argyle second.This is an important issue and worthy of a bit more attention than just "concentrating on the football side of things" which is depressing enough anyway.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Don't_Panic":39g5tzmq said:
Andy Holland":39g5tzmq said:

We're going to get a crap, cheapest possible stand that will restrict us instead of pushing us on, whilst JB makes out like a bandit from the commercial ventures he shepherds through to the detriment of the club.

I cannot see how anyone can defend the original plans: they are nothing more than a sham.

God dammit it's post like this that get me coming back to this site when I'm trying my best to stop reading some more over the top nonsense. I have no doubt there are just as many people here on this site that are as happy with the plans presented then there are against it & that's not even getting started with the opinions of all the normal fans out there who just want to concentrate on the football side of things, making out that no one can defend these plans just because YOU don't like them & calling them a sham is just a complete overreaction to the situation, fine you don't agree with it, some people do, let them.

Answer me this: who do these plans actually benefit? The next 50 years of Plymouth Argyle's existence as a club, or JB/Akkeron's bank account? Do you think JB could have possibly proposed a cheaper stand than the one he has?

If you can't see the impact on the footballing side of things then clearly the whole argument has passed you by.

Plymouthians and their acceptance of mediocrity annoys me as much as my post evidently irked you.

Mar 14, 2009
Andy Holland":fh6c4i2t said:
Don't_Panic":fh6c4i2t said:
Andy Holland":fh6c4i2t said:

Answer me this: who do these plans actually benefit? The next 50 years of Plymouth Argyle's existence as a club, or JB/Akkeron's bank account? Do you think JB could have possibly proposed a cheaper stand than the one he has?

If you can't see the impact on the footballing side of things then clearly the whole argument has passed you by.

Plymouthians and their acceptance of mediocrity annoys me as much as my post evidently irked you.

Problem is Andy what can you do? If supposely the plans are happening whatever happens? Have a sit down protest so they cant dig up the stand? I would like to see things done more professionally but then James Brent wouldnt be the first owner we have had that would flatter to decieve would he?

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
I haven't spoken to a single Argyle fan who is pleased with the JB development plans. The working group plans on the other hand seem to meet expectations. Has there been an official response from meeting yet?

Mar 21, 2013
So we've had bandwagon saying that fans who are happy with this get what they deserve & are third rate & greenskin call me seriously deluded, how about you all be adult about it & except other people have differing views. Regarding polls on this matter, the last poll I saw on this web site wasn't going the way that fans against this project liked so they got funny about it & accused it of being a loaded question in favour of the development...oh & the whole "I've spoken to many people" argument, well I'm sure we can all say that, I've spoken to many people who are for this project, see easy that. I have no issue with people having issues with the plans, I've said that all along but if you guys are lacking the maturity & decency to except that there's other people out there who don't agree with you then it's a waste of time discussing this with you & maybe you'll get stuck with a dated, rusting, half closed stand that won't progress our club any further & you'll deserve that

Oh & Andy it's your lack of the bigger picture for plymouth as a city & all over a few thousand extra seats for that big 'if' that'll hold us back.

S

spannerj

If there was a FB like button I'd be clicking it. Well said D_P.

Mar 21, 2013
Andy Holland":18bogjas said:
Don't_Panic":18bogjas said:
Andy Holland":18bogjas said:

Successful businsseman in attempt to make a profit shocker?! Wow! I had no idea that there were so many other owners out there who are just handing money over to their clubs wih no worries as to what happens to it?! Clearly Brent knows what he's doing & how to be successful, is it jealously on so many parts as to him being in a position that he can make a profit or is it just so easy to spend other people's or a companies money on Argyle because honestly that's what you would all do yeah, just pump millions into a club without a care as to whether its sustainable or profitable, so many experts on here who have all this spare time to spend hours online posting day after day after day, how do you fit it all in, but hey what am I saying, it's all about Argyle doing something we haven't really come close to doing in 125 years & seems even more unlikely then every to do that justifys all these extra seats that some (not all & some who aren't happy are doing it in a constructive & polite way) need, after all every multimillion pound business plan is based & planned on the dreams of fickle football fans & their 'ifs' & 'buts'.

Mar 21, 2013
spannerj":3679kwh4 said:
If there was a FB like button I'd be clicking it. Well said D_P.

Be careful, apparently everyone is against these foolish plans, don't let them catch you speaking out in favour of them or if you aren't fully in favour being polite about it to me :shifty:

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
Don't panic - there's no need to be so flippant in your responses. You are in fact doing the thing you are trying to ridicule...pretend your own view is shared my "many people".

The fact is I am deeply disappointed by these plans. There's been a huge PR balls up by the club and all the good talk that started JBs reign was just that...talk. The stand, which will be a lasting legacy, is surely one of THE most important decisions which was a closed shop - no fan input whatsoever! Intentions have come clearer and I'm shocked that these viable alternatives will not even by considered.

Everyone should be able to agree or disagree - we don't need you patronising people because they care for our club!

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Metal_Green_Mickey":1fcrf9a5 said:
Andy Holland":1fcrf9a5 said:
Don't_Panic":1fcrf9a5 said:
Andy Holland":1fcrf9a5 said:

Problem is Andy what can you do? If supposely the plans are happening whatever happens? Have a sit down protest so they cant dig up the stand? I would like to see things done more professionally but then James Brent wouldnt be the first owner we have had that would flatter to decieve would he?

We're being fed the line that There Is No Alternative all over again. Only this time, it is Brent's groupies and apologists who've signed up to Pasoti in the past few weeks to ensure that the Propaganda machine has a fighting chance of somehow fooling the thick gullible janners.

Desperate times.

D

Dazzaraghi

If the classless, cramped development and mini stand effort with the terrible road access goes to planning then I sincerely hope that the Friends of Central Park come out from their teepees and do their worst..........

Mar 14, 2009
If everyone doesnt like it, why on earth you all giving up?

I mean I am sure if you pushed as a collective then it wouldnt be the final word on the matter.

Its almost like saying, I dont like what is happening and then shrugging your shoulders because there is an acceptance of this always happens. You might have lost the first battle but it doesnt mean you have lost the war!

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR CASE IN POINT IS STRONG ENOUGH - THEN FIGHT IT FOR THE GOOD OF ARGYLE'S FUTURE!

B

bandwagon

Metal_Green_Mickey":1usekzi9 said:

I mean I am sure if you pushed as a collective then it wouldnt be the final word on the matter.

Its almost like saying, I dont like what is happening and then shrugging your shoulders because there is an acceptance of this always happens. You might have lost the first battle but it doesnt mean you have lost the war!

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOUR CASE IN POINT IS STRONG ENOUGH - THEN FIGHT IT FOR THE GOOD OF ARGYLE'S FUTURE!

I think the essence of the later part of this thread is that it was always a done deal and Brent get's carte blanche - every thing that has gone on since the first set of plans dropped in is a charade!! The only hope now is with planning or nimbys throwing a spanner in the works to cause a rethink - I'd now sign anything that stopped this trash!!
Brents' Legacy - the Janner Shoebox!! :furious:

Apr 13, 2013
bandwagon":2ccdpe82 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2ccdpe82 said:

I think the essence of the later part of this thread is that it was always a done deal and Brent get's carte blanche - every thing that has gone on since the first set of plans dropped in is a charade!! The only hope now is with planning or nimbys throwing a spanner in the works to cause a rethink - I'd now sign anything that stopped this trash!!
Brents' Legacy - the Janner Shoebox!! :furious:

The penny finally drops.........!!
How the hell does a middle age Sister in a hospital clearly see whats been going on from Day One whilst some whom I perceive as intelligent people have been riding with Blinkers......??

Its nothing short of incredible !! This was a done deal months ago and no one is listening to these trusts or working groups or whatever you guys call them.