Revised HHP Plans | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Revised HHP Plans

B

BallboyEGS1958

NZGreen":2l4ud3wl said:
Why is 'helen' allowed to bait and troll other pasoti members?
Because she can, unlike true supporters who really want what is best for PAFC and the CITY!!!

Sep 22, 2003
Chippenham
BallboyEGS1958":1ttroes0 said:
Dave Summers":1ttroes0 said:
Be VERY careful what you wish for.
I am to old to worry about that, but I do like to think that my children and grandchildren should have a stadium the city can be proud of.
Not a sub-standard structure that does not show the vision of a city are size.

True; but if the existing Grandstand gets listed then your children and grandchildren will get no improvement on the old Grandstand and PAFC will be stuck with it forever more.

Personal view is that the proposed plans are restrictive and not good enough for PAFC - however attempting to list the old Grandstand should never be the answer.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Sometimes I have to re read what I have just read to ensure it says what I thought it said.

And those protagonists for listing the current stand are about as mis guided as those who wanted and got the Civic Centre listed.

Once done we will be stuck with it, is that really what people want. The idea it will be OK until a "white knight" comes along and then it can be demolished and a gleaming 8k stand put in its place is plain cuckoo. I have said before that anyone who wants to keep the stand has never sat in it because if they had they will want it gone and as quickly as possible. Get a listing and the status quo will be maintained and Argyle will not have a fighting chance of sustainability.

Is that what you want?

Or is it just a wheeze, something to have a laugh over in the pub tonight? Of course it wont be a Plymouth pub as I note the List Men on this page come from New Zealand, BS39 (thats 2 of us!), Dorset.

Please get a grip people.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
BallboyEGS1958":3vhmyxnf said:
Dave Summers":3vhmyxnf said:
I am to old to worry about that, but I do like to think that my children and grandchildren should have a stadium the city can be proud of.
If the stand was listed (presumably removing any chance of ever getting an upgraded version) what is to stop Akerron or any other developer from continuing with the rest of the building project leaving us with a creaking stand and still no room to expand.

B

BallboyEGS1958

tonycholwell":2e63tviw said:
Sometimes I have to re read what I have just read to ensure it says what I thought it said.
Born,bred and live in Plymouth and want what is BEST FOR PAFC and THE CITY!!!
That answer your question. Oh and I do use Plymouth pubs.
And those protagonists for listing the current stand are about as mis guided as those who wanted and got the Civic Centre listed.

Once done we will be stuck with it, is that really what people want. The idea it will be OK until a "white knight" comes along and then it can be demolished and a gleaming 8k stand put in its place is plain cuckoo. I have said before that anyone who wants to keep the stand has never sat in it because if they had they will want it gone and as quickly as possible. Get a listing and the status quo will be maintained and Argyle will not have a fighting chance of sustainability.

Is that what you want?

Or is it just a wheeze, something to have a laugh over in the pub tonight? Of course it wont be a Plymouth pub as I note the List Men on this page come from New Zealand, BS39 (thats 2 of us!), Dorset.

B

BallboyEGS1958

N

NZGreen

Andy_Blackett":13u13dya said:
BallboyEGS1958":13u13dya said:
Dave Summers":13u13dya said:

True; but if the existing Grandstand gets listed then your children and grandchildren will get no improvement on the old Grandstand and PAFC will be stuck with it forever more.

Personal view is that the proposed plans are restrictive and not good enough for PAFC - however attempting to list the old Grandstand should never be the answer.

Not really. It would have to be upgraded for sure, but as owner, Brent would have to pay for all of that. Every penny. Or sell up. And with safe standing areas, a new roof and a lick of paint it would do the job. No its a good move IF the current proposals are given the go ahead, because then nothing can be built at central park at all, and it would all have to go elsewhere in the city, where it actually belongs.

As for comments about where some fans currently are on this forum. Get stuffed.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
BallboyEGS1958":u6bnupd5 said:

im sorry ballboy but if you are seriously suggesting getting the stand listed you do not have the best interests of Argyle at heart in my view for the reason Andy and Trev have laid out.

Apr 13, 2013
tonycholwell":1epti6a7 said:

Is that what you want?

The voice of reason. Well said. I'm incredulous likewise.........

B

BallboyEGS1958

Trev501":3c7m04m7 said:
BallboyEGS1958":3c7m04m7 said:
Dave Summers":3c7m04m7 said:
If the stand was listed (presumably removing any chance of ever getting an upgraded version) what is to stop Akerron or any other developer from continuing with the rest of the building project leaving us with a creaking stand and still no room to expand.
At least the creaking stand and Mayflower terrace gives us 7000+ capacity and no they can't build on the PAFC footprint, unless the PCC are stupid and allow development other then for PAFC benefit

N

NZGreen

tonycholwell":2ucvotan said:
BallboyEGS1958":2ucvotan said:

im sorry ballboy but if you are seriously suggesting getting the stand listed you do not have the best interests of Argyle at heart in my view for the reason Andy and Trev have laid out.

The current plans do not have the Argyle at heart.

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
I'm not sure why you think PCC's involvement is for the benefit of Argyle? They will, rightly, be looking at the advantages to the local population in general.

N

NZGreen

Trev501":31zkm2ne said:
I'm not sure why you think PCC's involvement is for the benefit of Argyle? They will, rightly, be looking at the advantages to the local population in general.

Absolutely. And the local population benefits from a successful football club.

B

BallboyEGS1958

tonycholwell":297ph6zt said:
BallboyEGS1958":297ph6zt said:

I certainly have the interest of PAFC at heart and like I said in a earlier comment, I want what is BEST FOR PAFC and the CITY.
The proposed development is NOT

Sep 22, 2003
Chippenham
NZGreen":3m9lgflt said:
Not really. It would have to be upgraded for sure, but as owner, Brent would have to pay for all of that. Every penny. Or sell up. And with safe standing areas, a new roof and a lick of paint it would do the job. No its a good move IF the current proposals are given the go ahead, because then nothing can be built at central park at all, and it would all have to go elsewhere in the city, where it actually belongs

Upgraded? Are you sure? Fairly certain that the only option for the owner of said listed grandstand is to maintain the structure - nothing about how it operates and how it is used.

Again, for clarity, I'm not a fan of the proposed plans - just believe that attempting to list the old grandstand is the worst of all the options available.