Ryan Brunt signs from Bristol Rovers | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Brunt signs from Bristol Rovers

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":1tebiw6s said:
That's all right then, signing a conference standard forward.........I truly despair, what next ....the also rans, never was ers and has been from bloody Truro?
Lets give him a chance first. Remember no one had heard of Thomas before and now most people rave about him.

Jan 3, 2013
Steve.PAFC2012":de8cpu4p said:
Knarf Reprah":de8cpu4p said:
That's all right then, signing a conference standard forward.........I truly despair, what next ....the also rans, never was ers and has been from bloody Truro?
Lets give him a chance first. Remember no one had heard of Thomas before and now most people rave about him.
yeah, he's really setting the league alight. Personally I think Sheridan is taking the p£ss

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knarf Reprah":1usrbul9 said:

I remember watching Ian Wright play for Greenwich Boro when he was 21. Pity you weren't there to 'advise' Palace not to sign him isn't it!! :lol:

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Looking purely at his statistics and his CV, I can't say I'm at all enamoured but I won't say a word more than that because the last time I judged a player negatively based on his CV it turned out to be Caolan Lavery.

He's clearly not a goalscorer so could he be a good goal provider? Or a good long-ball/hold-up option to see the game out? A better version of Morgan/Smalley perhaps? Welcome to Home Park anyway and hopefully prove me and the other doubters wrong.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Bobby Reid,
Anthoney O'Connor,
Andy Kellet.... Who can say they knew for certain these were good signings when they first came in?

Give the guy a chance, we've been banging on about the lack of incoming players and a forward in particular.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
So we've signed someone who's been released from a conference club and we're going up to league 1 next season? Sounds great to me....

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
The guy is 6ft 1in tall, perhaps with a bit of coaching from a previous big successful Argyle striker, McCarthy, he will become a good target man, who can compete aerially with big CB's like Saturday's McNulty from Luton. He has been through Stoke City's Academy just like Curtis Nelson so they must have seen good promise in him at an early stage.

It begs the question as to who will give way for his involvement up front, but he may be signed up to come on a sub to alter the pattern of play when needed. Whatever it is that JS plans, I wish the fellow well, and may he score a hat full for us in the future. At least he has not cost Argyle a fortune should it all go belly-up.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Underwhelmed and unconvinced.

Hope to be proven wrong but this seems like a panic signing after countless rejections from other targets.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Hopefully, he has been signed to replace the terminally ineffective Morgan in the squad.

So wherever he's come from and whatever number he was on the list of forwards that Sheridan has been persuing (probably 6th or 7th at least I suspect), he's got to be an improvement on him.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
X Isle":4v6cnfou said:
Queue inevitable simplistic 'goals to game' judgements being made and/or 'non-league dismissiveness' and the signing being written off without ever having kicked a ball.

Welcome aboard son, don't read Argyle messageboards :wink:

This, although he couldn`t take your excellent advice without reading this Argyle messageboard...... :cool:

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Tugboat":1i7bpznx said:
Underwhelmed and unconvinced.

Hope to be proven wrong but this seems like a panic signing after countless rejections from other targets.

Eggzackerly

Sums up my feelings nicely, but best of luck to the lad & as you say hopefully be proved wrong.