Ryan Brunt signs from Bristol Rovers | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Brunt signs from Bristol Rovers

Nov 16, 2006
Amazed after the Lavery/Bolasie/Noone etc. that people still can't just wait and see. The bloke may not prove a great signing, then again he may be great. Let's just give him a chance and judge him on what we see eh?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
The interesting thing is the 18 month contract. If he was injury prone or has other issues then surely a deal until the end of season would have been sought.

JS maybe seen something in the lad.

C

Cobi Budge.

As I did with Lee, I'll copy across some comments, this time from Rovers fans.

Pre-injuries, very good.

Post-injuries, horrific.

He looked good, got some injuries, never been quite the same again - although he's young so there's no reason why he shouldn't get it back eventually

big, strong, good attitude. Well, apart from having the registration number 'Brunty'

Not the same player since his injury, a trier but taking him on a 18 month contract is a real gamble. Also cannot remember the last goal he scored its been a long time

If he stays fit you have a very good player who could certainly play League 1, maybe even the Championship.
Can play the loan striker role but is far better in a front 2.
I would have thought he would link up well with Rueben Reid...wouldn't be too many better forward lines in League 2, I'd have thought.

It's a bit of a punt for PAFC. Ryan Brunt definitely has the ability to do well, but injuries have taken their toll on him, and a lot depends on whether he can not only recover physically but also recover his will and determination.

Obviously a lot depends on whether he can stay injury-free. If he can then I feel that he will be an excellent signing for you.

I desperately want him to do well.

Treated unfairly by a segment of our fans this season, the treatment he got at Altrincham was a disgrace.

You'll have a good player if you help him get and stay fit.

He must have a very good agent to be getting these moves to football league clubs, but he is a shadow of the player he was pre-injury, from what i've seen of him this season it seemed like he had lost all of his footballing ability

One of the worst strikers I have ever seen at rovers

Brunt has nine career goals to his name but has not found the net since March 2013.

J

just_ste

Just give Harvey an extended run up front ffs Sheridan,chances are hes better then this non league player

Aug 10, 2006
X Isle":s96zxldk said:
Queue inevitable simplistic 'goals to game' judgements being made and/or 'non-league dismissiveness' and the signing being written off without ever having kicked a ball.

Welcome aboard son, don't read Argyle messageboards :wink:
nobody is written anybody off it's fact lets all hope and pray that he is going to be the one and not turn out to be another mm for the next 18 months.

C

Cult Of Personality

Judge him in what he does in a Green Shirt and not what he has done in a blue and white shirt

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
I would love to be wrong on this one, but god I feel underwhelmed. Striker who hasn't scored in nearly 2 years and is already injury prone aged 21, and deemed surplus to requirements at a Conference side. Just seems like a worse Smalley and smacks of desperation from Sheridan considering that we're meant to be 'chasing promotion'. Saying tha, he has got youth on his side so maybe he hasn't developed fully yet...

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
FWIW, I asked a York fan what he thought.

"Awful awful awful……….you havent have you?"