Ryan Brunt signs from Bristol Rovers | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Brunt signs from Bristol Rovers

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I certainly didn't see this one coming, and like many, I'm not convinced by his current record. As a striker you are going to be judged to a certain extent on your goal return and that's far from impressive to date.

With that being said however, he has a Premier League background, so he should be able to do the basics right. He also offers something different to Lewi and Reid, which is another positive.

Let's give the lad a chance and see what he can do. Sheridan has obviously seen enough to convince James Brent to make a permanent offer so I think we should trust the gaffer. He's bound to have watched Brunt (or had him watched) a lot more than any on this forum.

Good luck Ryan!

P

pafcstafford

Argyle Nutter":10ot3grv said:
Tugboat":10ot3grv said:
Underwhelmed and unconvinced.

Hope to be proven wrong but this seems like a panic signing after countless rejections from other targets.

Eggzackerly

Sums up my feelings nicely, but best of luck to the lad & as you say hopefully be proved wrong.

Guys come on its not a panic move if so he'd have signed a deal for this season, and not for 18 months. And he's probably been released as he's not featuring there, they need room on the wage budget and to allow him to join us.

Loads on here moaning he's been in the conference but remember the impact chadwick had when he first came back..
And let's not forget mackie Barnes bolasie noone and that Paul mariner bloke.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
and wasn't Mickey Evans the last forward we signed from Rovers who wasn't getting into their squad?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
:oops: Suitably underwhelmed as always. That's PROMOTION GUARANTEED then :doh:

As he is a striker maybe JS will deploy him in defensive midfield :whistle:

Jul 3, 2013
Wonder how many knocking the lad already thought Hayes was pood and not worth signing permanent! Sheridan has a decent record in the transfer and loan market so best reserve judgement I say.

Jul 29, 2010
justanotherfan":3rpow678 said:
X Isle":3rpow678 said:
Queue inevitable simplistic 'goals to game' judgements being made and/or 'non-league dismissiveness' and the signing being written off without ever having kicked a ball.

Welcome aboard son, don't read Argyle messageboards :wink:

This, although he couldn`t take your excellent advice without reading this Argyle messageboard...... :cool:

If he does, he'll see it and get it. If he doesn't then he's already got it :wink:

Who needs motivational speakers when you've got Knarf :lol:

Mar 23, 2008
On paper an odd one but when I've seen him play I've liked him and feel a good signing and a different type of player. If he leads and line and takes the physical burden off RR who flourishes again and scores the goals to drive us back up the league then it's could be a great signing. Good luck and give your all.

Jan 3, 2013
X Isle":2p9dnham said:
justanotherfan":2p9dnham said:
X Isle":2p9dnham said:
Queue inevitable simplistic 'goals to game' judgements being made and/or 'non-league dismissiveness' and the signing being written off without ever having kicked a ball.

Who needs motivational speakers when you've got Knarf :lol:
so we sign a 21 year old forward who can't score goals and who can't get into a conference team , I've heard of being green tinted x Isle but that takes the biscuit! Hopefully he won't need motivation anyway, but conference player / reserve? Jeez.......I won't get too excited I promise

P

Paul_Roberts

A Rovers-supporting mate of mine says he looked good for them with lots promise before he suffered a bad injury. Since then he's spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Welcome Ryan, let's see what you can do. All judgements or comments on hold until enough time to form an opinion.

Let's hope he can push for a starting spot and bring the best out of our forwards.

Nov 28, 2014
Perhaps we should give the young lad a chance; see him play before judging him? He can surely do no worse than a certain Steve MacLean who cost us £500,000.