Sheffield U away in 2nd round | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheffield U away in 2nd round

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Liam Vercoe":1mcgx2f4 said:
Paul_Roberts":1mcgx2f4 said:
Cobi Budge.":1mcgx2f4 said:
Sheffield United fans completely up themselves and deluded as always. They seem to think it'll be a big day out for little old plymouth. Been to Brammal Lane 3 times and found it nothing special.

Hope Crewe stuff them now.

All Sheffield United fans or just a tiny minority online?

All of them according to a mate of mine, 'though he's a Wednesday fan so that may cloud his judgement.

You think?! :lol: :lol:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
jollygreenjohn":29ovi5sc said:
cheshiregreen":29ovi5sc said:
The Blades were in the Cup Semis last season, they are a big club in League 1.

They got 19,000 against Yeovil at Bramall Lane a few weeks back so a trip there would pay off some debt and be a good test for us of our League 1 potential.

Spot on, with FA cup receipts split 50/50 there should be a good financial return for us there and we may just surprise a few.

Split 45/45 with 10% going to the FA.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":1qd3kl19 said:
Lundan Cabbie":1qd3kl19 said:
Dalton Is God":1qd3kl19 said:
cheshiregreen":1qd3kl19 said:

They got 19,000 against Yeovil at Bramall Lane a few weeks back so a trip there would pay off some debt and be a good test for us of our League 1 potential.

I doubt there will be a big gate if Sheff Utd get through - they only got 16k against Fulham in the 4th round last season so we'll be lucky if 10k fancy watching a 2nd round game against little Plymouth...

Fulham only take a minibus away though.

To be fair LC I can't remember bring knee deep in red and blue whenever Palace played us!!

This is true. With the average away travelling fans in the Championship around 2,000 I'll admit we were always short of that when coming down here but Fulham didn't even manage anything near that in the Prem. Things are different since Palace's administration though and the galvanising of the fanbase. It's near on impossible to get an away ticket these days unless you are a ST holder as well as an awayday regular.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
What a shame!! I'd much rather have got beaten in the 2st round against a team in the 8th tier!!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":nslefef8 said:
IJN":nslefef8 said:
Lundan Cabbie":nslefef8 said:
Dalton Is God":nslefef8 said:
cheshiregreen":nslefef8 said:

I doubt there will be a big gate if Sheff Utd get through - they only got 16k against Fulham in the 4th round last season so we'll be lucky if 10k fancy watching a 2nd round game against little Plymouth...

To be fair LC I can't remember bring knee deep in red and blue whenever Palace played us!!

This is true. With the average away travelling fans in the Championship around 2,000 I'll admit we were always short of that when coming down here but Fulham didn't even manage anything near that in the Prem. Things are different since Palace's administration though and the galvanising of the fanbase. It's near on impossible to get an away ticket these days unless you are a ST holder as well as an awayday regular.

Who mentioned Home Park!! :funny:

Feb 24, 2009
Paignton, Devon
Initially disappointed that we didn't get a home draw and we were away against what looked like difficult teams. :furious:

But.....looking at BBC's League 1 table/stats: :think:

Crewe are rooted to the bottom of league 1 and appear to be doing their usual flit between leagues 1 and 2.

Sheff United look to be in a handy position outside the playoffs. However, they have lost 5 games and a lot of their recent wins have been against bottom(half) teams which maybe has catapulted them up the league into a false position?

So I have come to the conclusion there are plus sides to this draw. We do not need to fear either team and with Sheff United, there will be at least a decent payday if there is 20K plus on the day.

COYG :scarf:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":x0iyzrvg said:
Lundan Cabbie":x0iyzrvg said:
IJN":x0iyzrvg said:
Lundan Cabbie":x0iyzrvg said:
Dalton Is God":x0iyzrvg said:
cheshiregreen":x0iyzrvg said:

Who mentioned Home Park!! :funny:

Are you knocking us for being a little club?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No, just joshing mate.

Always liked Fulham, proper club and decent fans.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Sam Barker":gok3bh5p said:
Liam Vercoe":gok3bh5p said:
Paul_Roberts":gok3bh5p said:
Cobi Budge.":gok3bh5p said:
Sheffield United fans completely up themselves and deluded as always. They seem to think it'll be a big day out for little old plymouth. Been to Brammal Lane 3 times and found it nothing special.

All of them according to a mate of mine, 'though he's a Wednesday fan so that may cloud his judgement.

He's also not right in the head, but I think that comes hand in hand with the Wednesday thing :D

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Liam Vercoe":1r2n0t9x said:
Sam Barker":1r2n0t9x said:
Liam Vercoe":1r2n0t9x said:
Paul_Roberts":1r2n0t9x said:
Cobi Budge.":1r2n0t9x said:

He's also not right in the head, but I think that comes hand in hand with the Wednesday thing :D
Think that's more a Sheffield thing in general ;)

Sep 23, 2011
Sheffield Utd please. Just 30 minutes down the road from me, and scene of the most complete Argyle performance I've seen (the match after Holloway left)