Sheffield U away in 2nd round | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheffield U away in 2nd round

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Not too far? I would have thought Great Yarmouth to Crewe would take every bit as long as Plymouth to Crewe and Sheffield not an awful lot less. Unless you are not in Yarmouth of course.

S

Schmidler98

If we get Sheffield utd it'd be quite good to go to a ground like Hillsborough , a lot of history in that place !!

Dec 3, 2005
Schmidler98":zri2s84g said:
If we get Sheffield utd it'd be quite good to go to a ground like Hillsborough , a lot of history in that place !!

Maybe a whoose here - but Sheff Wednesday play at Hillsborough.

Sheffield Utd play at Bramel Lane, last time I looked :)

S

Schmidler98

djg145":2dg25jlo said:
Schmidler98":2dg25jlo said:

I new someone would bite , I know Sheffield utd play at Bramwall lane I was just being stupid.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Schmidler98":byb1wqmc said:
djg145":byb1wqmc said:
Schmidler98":byb1wqmc said:

I new someone would bite , I know Sheffield utd play at Bramwall lane I was just being stupid.

Well you've more than proved your point then !

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Both teams in the league above (the one we all 'think' we should be in). Be a robust test of how good this team we have really is. Think both are beatable (and thats not down the the cliche of "anything can happen with the magic of the FA Cup").

I imagine we will get a better gate revenue from the Blades, but don't think we should fear either of them.

A few more ££ in the cash line will always be a bonus, doubt we will be televised for this one. Maybe in Round 3 eh!

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
It's odd. There are certain clubs that I dislike for no particularly good (or even apparent) reason. Sheffield United are one of them. Whereas, I have always had a much more positive feeling towards Sheffield Wednesday. Based on nothing.

Bring them on I say (or Crewe).

Jun 8, 2014
Imagine if Evans re-signs and they beat Crewe, him and McCormick on a pitch..

The Mail would have a field day!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
If it is Sheffield United then our first ever FA Cup tie against them. Not the best of grounds for us historically - 22 visits and we have failed to score in 13 of them! Crewe we have beaten twice before in the competition and, for Argyle, only 4 defeats in 9 visits makes it almost a lucky ground.

T

Tyhee_Slim

The Doctor":m1j4dtet said:
It's odd. There are certain clubs that I dislike for no particularly good (or even apparent) reason. Sheffield United are one of them. Whereas, I have always had a much more positive feeling towards Sheffield Wednesday. Based on nothing.

Know what you mean Doc. As an Argyle fan I find it strange that I just can't bring myself to dislike Burnley particularly, and this even after i have experienced, like many, the more unpleasant side of the fans. I've always been able to 'tolerate', for example, West Ham, West Brom and Huddersfield but have never liked Stoke, Nottm Forest or Derby. Just three from each 'section', but in most fixtures I can usually pick a team I prefer. I've left out the really obvious ones - Man U and Leeds - though I actually detest Leeds even more, even when they did the giant killing in the cup the day was ruined for me by not being able to really enjoy the ritual humiliation of Man U on their own dungheap by a lower division opponent purely because it was bleddy Leeds.

The recent rise of the Premiership elite means that I can no longer stomach Man C to the extent I once could, though I can still enjoy the spectacle of them lording it over their neighbours. Chelsea, funnily enough, ive never liked anyway, but again I enjoy watching them make Man U squirm, and I like Mourinho too, so I can, if circumstances allow, tolerate them. Liverpool? Really enjoying watching them fall from grace and last season's collapse was hugely enjoyable, the Palace game being great entertainment. All that Scouse grief, tears and self-pity - great stuff, and that was just Steven Gerrard.

However, when it comes to the Sheffield clubs, I actually quite like both. It's a city with a proper rivalry. Sometimes it gets a leeeeetle out of hand, but both sets of fans 'get it' and treat it right. Proper football town see? The fans are, largely, from Sheffield and nearby so you dont get the daytrippers, you can always find a boozer near either ground where you'll find good company and ale, and you still get that rivalry between blokes who work together or, god help us, marry into a family of wrong 'uns which is keen but stays on the side of sense. I'm involved with a mixed Blades/Owls family, so I have first hand experience of it, and its great - like Argyle and Exeter, but with tons more meaning, and much more humour.

Anyway. Sheffield United seem to be the 'Cup Team' of the moment don't they? Still in the northern section of that JPT thing that we're in, quarter finals of the League Cup, FA Cup semis last season? They seem to know how to win cup ties certainly, and you'd assume theyd know how to win their replay against Crewe. Anyway, assuming they do, it would mean that our meeting with them could be affected by their League Cup QF against Southampton one way or another. Although it's not their last game before it, I'm sure they'll be wary about injuries, and if they were to draw with us it would mean that either our replay (most likely) or the Southampton tie would have to be delayed, probably to the 23rd - a midweek game two days before Christmas. Not sure either club would want that. Can't see too many wanting to travel. Don't know if any of this will affect their approach to the game but you never know. I was kind of hoping that they may use our cup match as a 'voucher' game for the LC QF as it may have boosted the attendance a bit, but I'm sure they'll have that sorted by now.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
The Doctor":3izb9go6 said:

Could be the red and white stripes.