Sheffield U away in 2nd round | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sheffield U away in 2nd round

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
In a minority here but I think it's a great draw! Would prefer Sheffield as I have a couple of mates in Sheffield who are Blades and will be good to catch up with them again and hopefully put one over their team! Good drinking country as well is Sheffield as well as being very easy to get to from Plymouth by train.

As for Crewe, well if Sheffield Utd is easy to get to by train then Crewe is even easier! Always had a good laugh when going to Crewe, couple of decent pubs there (and some ropey ones!) and a mighty fine chippy across the road. Either will be a good day out.

P

Paul_Roberts

Moleman":swclyxk8 said:
In a minority here but I think it's a great draw! Would prefer Sheffield as I have a couple of mates in Sheffield who are Blades and will be good to catch up with them again and hopefully put one over their team! Good drinking country as well is Sheffield as well as being very easy to get to from Plymouth by train.

As for Crewe, well if Sheffield Utd is easy to get to by train then Crewe is even easier! Always had a good laugh when going to Crewe, couple of decent pubs there (and some ropey ones!) and a mighty fine chippy across the road. Either will be a good day out.

It's not really about it being a good day out - though I admire your enthusiasm!

In our financial position it would have been a God send for us to have drawn one of the giants away in the third round. That prospect has just become significantly more remote.

Moleman

✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2006
Plymouth
Paul_Roberts":1xyqxt4i said:
Moleman":1xyqxt4i said:

It's not really about it being a good day out - though I admire your enthusiasm!

In our financial position it would have been a God send for us to have drawn one of the giants away in the third round. That prospect has just become significantly more remote.

On point one unfortunately with the last few years in mind, it has. At the age I'm at now it's with a horrible drawing realisation that I'll probably never see us in the top flight and so while I WANT us to win every game, it's now more a social occasion.

On your second point (and more optimistically) not really, we still have to just win one game of football, ok it's against a team from a higher division and it's away from home but both are beatable on the day and both may underestimate us....

....then we can draw Gateshead away in the third round!!! :funny:

Leo's Grandad

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I won't be able to go to 2nd round game so hoping we get a little luck and move on into round 3...

It is the cup so anything can happen - why not a nice away win ?

Jul 6, 2011
Getting through to the 3rd round would help us financially, but then again we'd probably end up being drawn away to Warrington or somewhere like that. We hardly ever get the Man Utd's or Liverpool's.
I'd actually be quite happy to see us test ourselves against Sheffield, they can be beaten and on our day I think we could stuff them. The FA cup is a good testing ground for us and frankly I would prefer we concentrate more on promotion and maybe the JPT. I know there are many who wouldn't agree with that, but I am really peed off with L2

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Hores Everywhere":2rp03yjp said:
Initially disappointed that we didn't get a home draw and we were away against what looked like difficult teams. :furious:

But.....looking at BBC's League 1 table/stats: :think:

Crewe are rooted to the bottom of league 1 and appear to be doing their usual flit between leagues 1 and 2.

Sheff United look to be in a handy position outside the playoffs. However, they have lost 5 games and a lot of their recent wins have been against bottom(half) teams which maybe has catapulted them up the league into a false position?

So I have come to the conclusion there are plus sides to this draw. We do not need to fear either team and with Sheff United, there will be at least a decent payday if there is 20K plus on the day.

COYG :scarf:
Blimey that's wishful thinking. They haven't managed that all season apart from the local derby with Barnsley. Consistent crowds of 18/19,000 for league games and 7,000 odd for Mansfield in the league Cup. With maybe 800 travelling Greens they could pull 10,000 for a cup game against lower league opposition but not a lot more. Still, a 45% share of that even at reduced prices will be a decent pay day we hadn't budgeted for.
They are likely to field a number of fringe players, then again so might we with the league the priority for us both, it's not an impossible task to get a result there by any means but clearly not the draw we would have liked.

Feb 2, 2007
Great draw in a way- pressure is of us, we can enjoy it and winnable. Even a draw at Sheff And then a home win could generate some good income.

The JPT is a distraction we don't need ahead of Pompey and I don't think this is the season to worry about the cup, although a TV, 3rd round home tie v, a prem team would help the admin coffers.

C

Cobi Budge.

Not sure about anybody else but I'm looking forward to giving a tiny club like Sheffield United a good thrashing in their own backyard. Always preferred Wednesday, Blades fans just seem ridiculously cocky and self righteous and I've received some tweets tonight, 2 of them read "ha, you have no chance" and "easy win for us, you might as well not come".

John Sheridan is a Wednesday legend, absolutely hated by all Sheffield United fans, I'm sure he'll have the lads up for it.

Bring on the thrashing, that's if Crewe don't do it for us first.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":2bfwoirg said:
Not sure about anybody else but I'm looking forward to giving a tiny club like Sheffield United a good thrashing in their own backyard. Always preferred Wednesday, Blades fans just seem ridiculously cocky and self righteous and I've received some tweets tonight, 2 of them read "ha, you have no chance" and "easy win for us, you might as well not come".

John Sheridan is a Wednesday legend, absolutely hated by all Sheffield United fans, I'm sure he'll have the lads up for it.

:shocked:

Feb 19, 2013
Cobi Budge.":2dyscsmm said:

What absolute rubbish. How many of the.thousands of blades fans do u know?? If I was from another club, for example flyde , and came on here I could say exactly the same thing about some of the posters on here.

It really bugs me when people come on here and be little other clubs. There are many posters on here that come on saying we are too big for this league and be little some of the other clubs in this league and that were to big a club for this league. Your views are no less arrogant than the sheff utd fans.

And in all honesty I would be happy if we had the crowds and recent history of success that they had (premiership and fa cup semi final).

If we drew a team from the league below at home many people on.here would be arrogantly saying we would win....no different from them.

P

pafcstafford

Very happy with either team although I'd rather crewe away and villa come.round 3

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
So Cobi's looking forward to a thrashing of Sheff Utd now. I could have sworn he said earlier we had no chance. Has he edited his earlier post?

Aug 10, 2006
cheshiregreen":sj9y758i said:
The Blades were in the Cup Semis last season, they are a big club in League 1.

They got 19,000 against Yeovil at Bramall Lane a few weeks back so a trip there would pay off some debt and be a good test for us of our League 1 potential.
if we play them they have to pay on the day so unless the price is vastly reduced they won't have anything like 19,000

A

ArgyleMatty1991

Ok draw. Winnable against Crewe but a bit more difficult against Sheffield Utd. Interesting either way! Not too far from me so will be attending either tie!