The disgraceful state of the ground | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The disgraceful state of the ground

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
I would rather money is spent on the squad but I agree there are things which should be addressed. My annoyance is the state of the toilets. Often they do not look cleaned from one week to another. Especially the cubicles. They should at least be clean with adequate toilet paper.

I'll still go to Argyle whatever the circumstances but I cringe when I think about Argyle recruiting new members to the Green Army and the impression they must get from certain areas of the ground.

I also believe (going back to the bricks) that the club could push for another cash injection from the fans with another 'buy a brick' campaign with respect to the new Grandstand. They must have raised thousand of pounds for the club first time round but perhaps many fans would think twice to contribute again seeing how the bricks have been treated/maintained.

G

Greenskin

Emu":3uorgspa said:
bigbury bill":3uorgspa said:
It's not just the bricks, its the rusty stanchions,bobby's garden bla bla ...I could go on forever and a day.

The place is deteriorating beyond reason.

Rome wasn't built in a day. If you feel that strongly about the bricks then perhaps you should volunteer your services to clean them up too.

Yes the bricks are important but in the great scheme of things I think Mr Brent probably has more important things on his plate to deal with.

To be fair,given his record on finishing projects in the Plymouth and Torbay areas,'tis a jolly good job that JB wasn't put in charge of building the Coliseum-there would have been a lot of very hungry lions in the Rome area and poor old Charlton Heston would have had one less Oscar on his CV.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
IJN":2oxfzut1 said:
So, knowing what the Chairman said from day one, you'd rather the money was spent on renovating the ground then?

No Carey, Wylde, Reid, Nelson, but polished stanchions and nice painted drainpipes?

Except polished stanchions and painted drainpipes would be paid for out of a fraction of just one of those players' wages. And for what it's worth, yes I would risk losing a player or two with a slightly smaller wage budget, for a cared-for ground I am proud to take friends and family to.

But I realise I'm probably in the minority!

G

Greenskin

IJN":2mwwo0fy said:
So, knowing what the Chairman said from day one, you'd rather the money was spent on renovating the ground then?

No Carey, Wylde, Reid, Nelson, but polished stanchions and nice painted drainpipes?

So from now on decent players and a decent ground are mutually exclusive?

Jun 8, 2014
Greenskin":10ydanaf said:
Emu":10ydanaf said:
bigbury bill":10ydanaf said:
It's not just the bricks, its the rusty stanchions,bobby's garden bla bla ...I could go on forever and a day.

Rome wasn't built in a day. If you feel that strongly about the bricks then perhaps you should volunteer your services to clean them up too.

Yes the bricks are important but in the great scheme of things I think Mr Brent probably has more important things on his plate to deal with.

To be fair,given his record on finishing projects in the Plymouth and Torbay areas,'tis a jolly good job that JB wasn't put in charge of building the Coliseum-there would have been a lot of very hungry lions in the Rome area and poor old Charlton Heston would have had one less Oscar on his CV.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Part of the duty of being the owner of a football club is you oversee the ground and the outside as well as just picking the manager and delegating a budget. It was, then, a little sad to see the AFT having to self-fund something as simple as redecorating a relatively small facade.

Of course, there are more important things to worry about - but you can enjoy the first team while still staying very aware of what's happening elsewhere.

Jan 3, 2013
My opinion is blow the polished stanchions etc, but the bricks are personal momentoes and tributes to deceased loved ones. They should be top priority out of respect. All other clubs have a vertical wall, easier to see and maintain why not us!

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Greenskin":1z78hogp said:
Emu":1z78hogp said:
bigbury bill":1z78hogp said:

I'd imagine that if JB was in charge of building the coliseum he'd build it fit for purpose. The Coliseum was never under used so the budget would hold up. I expect he'd also tell Heston that if he wanted to race his chariot that he sod off to the circus maximus. :funny: :whistle:

Jan 3, 2013
JB IS ALSO RESPONSIBLE FOR

1 Argo still being in existence
2 Appointing Adams
3 Ensuring the balloon payments are almost made by prudent finance
4 Keeping the good ship mayflower on an upward trajectory

Not bad eh?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
'Interesting' views from a new poster.........