The disgraceful state of the ground | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The disgraceful state of the ground

Aug 26, 2011
Whilst I accept the point that the club should maintain the ground I have no issue with volunteers doing this and persndlly I'd rather the club invested in the team. However painting stantions especially at height is a professional job which requires scaffolding and all associated health and safety issues.

What is more of an issue is that a brick memorial laid on the floor will be exposed to the elements and and will therefore be inherently wetter than bricks that are laid in a wall protected by a damp proof course and a good top.

Depending on the grade of brick used frost can lead to damage and decay of the bricks especially when they have a high moisture content. From memory I do not think they were a durable class A engineering brick

There may also be ground salts drawn into the bricks which can also lead to damage during repeated cycles of salt crystallisation.

Whoever undertakes maintenance is facing an uphill battle to keep these bricks in good condition.

If there is a high salt loading in the bricks then there is little that can be undertaken to prevent further decay - I'd be happy to undertake some testing to establish moisture content and to test for chlorides and nitrates which are common ground salts

For longevity the bricks should have been built in a wall

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Graham Clark":2z4lobv7 said:
. This is not an issue for volunteer bucket rattling.

I truly despise that phrase Graham. Unusual for you to copy idiots rhetoric.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
LG":iwt42d7x said:
monkeywrench":iwt42d7x said:
'Interesting' views from a new poster.........
Perhaps the OP was so concerned after the Stevenage game that he decided to join to air his views?

No Paul, as usual you have it wrong.

It's yet another multi from someone we know trying to get back on here despite him constantly saying he hates the site and it's corrupt.

Remember, you see 1% of what the Mods and I do.

Now calm down General there's a good man. :lol:

Nov 2, 2004
The whole place is starting to feel like one of those run down hotels I sometimes get stuck in.Good maintenance is surely vital to avoid bigger problems in the future?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
LG":t3pe56r2 said:
monkeywrench":t3pe56r2 said:
Perhaps the OP was so concerned after the Stevenage game that he decided to join to air his views?

Yeah, I'm sure Paul

May 18, 2015
As with all things regular maintenance in the long term is cost effective and time saving . I haven't looked at the bricks for a long time but will next Saturday . A quick brush over once a week would I am sure prevent long term deterioration after a major cleanup is done . A stitch in time etc . TynanwozG8 is an expert in this sort of thing

Sep 3, 2009
Hear, hear Graham Clark (as usual).

This should be a job for the club administration. There are some things which will cost money and fall into the goodwill bucket in running an organisation. I'd argue that the soul of a football club is near the top of that list if you want credibility as a custodian....and the bricks are part of the football club's soul, given the sentiment involved with many of them.

Jan 26, 2013
Plymouth
If we really have aspirations to reach the Championship again we cannot be relying on the goodwill of volunteers for the maintenance of the stadium. It's something that should be a customary requirement for any business to maintain, big or small. Other venues in Plymouth such as the Theatre Royal and the Pavillions wouldn't be allowed to get run down like this, so why Home Park?

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":ee857so7 said:
LG":ee857so7 said:
monkeywrench":ee857so7 said:

It's yet another multi from someone we know trying to get back on here despite him constantly saying he hates the site and it's corrupt.

Now how was I supposed to know Ian?
Good old internet multi wars again!
If MW had put the above phrase with brackets (Possible Multi Alert) we may have all been a bit more to the wise.
Heaven help any new posters who are genuine who may want to show any concern with things at the club.
Anyway, as Rob has said above, I've not had a look at the bricks for a while, but will do on Saturday. The original Bananabus boys have 4 bricks of the old crew who used to go. Including the original driver, Phil Clack RIP.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
LG":122kb361 said:
IJN":122kb361 said:
LG":122kb361 said:
monkeywrench":122kb361 said:

If MW had put the above phrase with brackets (Possible Multi Alert) we may have all been a bit more to the wise.
Heaven help any new posters who are genuine who may want to show any concern with things at the club.
Anyway, as Rob has said above, I've not had a look at the bricks for a while, but will do on Saturday. The original Bananabus boys have 4 bricks of the old crew who used to go. Including the original driver, Phil Clack RIP.

I was trying to be subtle Paul!

I'll use the sledge hammer next time :)

Genuine new posters don't post in that way and you can see from comments made by some on this thread that it wasn't only the mods that thought the OP looked somewhat suspicious

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
monkeywrench":2ige1j6l said:
LG":2ige1j6l said:
IJN":2ige1j6l said:
LG":2ige1j6l said:
monkeywrench":2ige1j6l said:

I was trying to be subtle Paul!

I'll use the sledge hammer next time :)
Thanks. :thumbs:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
LG":58djdggf said:

You see you're doing it again, engaging mouth before brain.

The Mods have lots of ways of seeing who is posting and who has posted under a different name before.

We have about 4/10 applications a week, and all are vetted and checked by one Mod, he then decides whether they come on or not.

The Mods won't let anyone know how they see these idiots but they follow a pattern. Sometimes one or two squeak through, they soon get sorted.

IP addresses and E mail addresses also play a part. But as I say, the Mods are good at spotting them.

We even have E mails telling us that they have four or five fake accounts and they will use them at will when they feel like it.

I am sure normal decent human beings that sign on for the first time and post, will be treated well. But sometimes it seems as if you want to defence the planks that only come on here to disrupt this site.

Dec 22, 2009
West London
The maintenance of the stadium should be routine, rather than as and when things fall into a state of disrepair. The club should at least establish what routine maintenance is required, and the best method for delivering the maintenance. A lack of funds to maintain the ground isn't going to go away, and doing nothing for years will probably add unnecessary expense.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
LG":14zxi6os said:
IJN":14zxi6os said:
LG":14zxi6os said:
monkeywrench":14zxi6os said:

If there are any genuine people out there who wish to join this site and post their concerns then they are more than welcome to despite the above poster's trouble making.

The person in question who has informed us on many occassions how he does not wish to take part on this site, the site he claims to loathe so much and yet still he comes back. He informs us of his hate towards us each and every time we find another one of his new accounts, if someone who hates this site is so desperate to get back on I can only assume we do fine good job here, imagine therefore the fun a genuine new poster who doesn't yet hate us could have.

I won't say anymore in fear of taking us further off topic, especially when some have entered the debate with some actual research supporting their arguments, now that must be a Pasoti first!