What is the minimum you expect from Sheridan? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What is the minimum you expect from Sheridan?

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I would like to see the manager help Home Park to become a fortress. It is a long time since it has been. Powerful home form is the basis for any promotion campaign. Over the past three seasons we have dropped nearly 100 home points. Over the past six seasons we have lost more than a third of our home games, which we all know is not nearly good enough.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
memory man":2sfpirza said:
I would like to see the manager help Home Park to become a fortress. It is a long time since it has been. Powerful home form is the basis for any promotion campaign. Over the past three seasons we have dropped nearly 100 home points. Over the past six seasons we have lost more than a third of our home games, which we all know is not nearly good enough.

Indeed. Over the last six seasons not once have we won more games than the opposition at Home Park. Regularly winning at home would be a huge improvement.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
I really think with Sheridan it is a 'waiting game'. He is quite a big name and has a fair bit of respect in the footballing world and therefore can attract and bring in some decent players. Around December last season I remember posting in some thread that until Argyle start performing well then we won't be able to attract the next level of players to Home Park.

We finished 10th, a good position and a solid foundation for the next season. Players saw this and now we have two next level players in Carl McHugh and Peter Hartley (and Reid!). If we perform well again and are in a decent position for the Winter Transfer Window then there is no reason why we won't be able to attract a good few next level players again to see out the season.

Due to Argyle financial position and issues with Administration we don't necessarily have too much money to spend and supposedly the geographical location of Plymouth is another factor. So all we have going for us is how well we do in the League. The better we do, the better players are attracted.

I believe Sheridan is halfway through his 'plans' - it wouldn't surprise me that by the end of his 3 year contract that Argyle should be known as mid-table League 1 club.

Apr 15, 2008
London
A bit of a silly thread for mid July. While we'd all like to be top of the league from August to May, it isn't going to be easy - there will be the usual problems around bedding in new players, losing loanees, players not performing. I hope we don't get people moaning about the manager's body language ad nauseam when things don't go our way for a few games.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
PL2 3DQ":2jzx4sy4 said:
memory man":2jzx4sy4 said:

Indeed. Over the last six seasons not once have we won more games than the opposition at Home Park. Regularly winning at home would be a huge improvement.

Starting by playing them in their correct positions would be a good start. :scarf:

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
MannameadGreen":361t1fo6 said:
We should be aiming for promotion. Play-offs at the absolute minimum.

This, but I would give him the full season regardless. Would only make a change at the end of the season.

I expect him to succeed and us to go up.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I am 100% convinced that the people (and the type of people) missing from the Mayflower Steps has had a profound effect on recent years results.

E

Ed_Blackburn

Not in a position to know what to expect in terms of league position because I've no idea how competitive our budget is. One thing I'd like is entertainment. Plain and simple. Entertaining football. Chances, goals and possession.

To help him, I think he could do with a coach to help him out unless Wotton turns out to be 'wee gem'.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
the minimum i expect from sheridan is that when its clear that things are going poo he actually changes it around...how often last season did we see inept performances and it would just carry on through the whole match?

also we should be aiming for the top 3 and play offs as a last resort.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":240bvgmk said:
I am 100% convinced that the people (and the type of people) missing from the Mayflower Steps has had a profound effect on recent years results.

I agree with this. 3/4 of a ground seems to result in 1/2 an atmosphere. Its not a proper football match without a thousand supporters behind the dugout shouting at the gaffers.

I think the reduction in atmosphere minimises our home advantage.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Womble":1wixbpot said:
IJN":1wixbpot said:

I agree with this. 3/4 of a ground seems to result in 1/2 an atmosphere. Its not a proper football match without a thousand supporters behind the dugout shouting at the gaffers.

Why not move the dug-outs to the Lyndhurst side?

C

Cobi Budge.

Having fans behind the dugouts puts a lot more pressure on the manager imo, and that's a good thing.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
kernow19":334kvn2d said:
Womble":334kvn2d said:
IJN":334kvn2d said:

Why not move the dug-outs to the Lyndhurst side?
Surely going to happen whilst the grandstand is being re-developed :think: