What is the minimum you expect from Sheridan? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What is the minimum you expect from Sheridan?

Oct 23, 2013
Block 12
LG":2lcrg0m3 said:
kernow19":2lcrg0m3 said:
Womble":2lcrg0m3 said:
IJN":2lcrg0m3 said:
I am 100% convinced that the people (and the type of people) missing from the Mayflower Steps has had a profound effect on recent years results.

I agree with this. 3/4 of a ground seems to result in 1/2 an atmosphere. Its not a proper football match without a thousand supporters behind the dugout shouting at the gaffers.

I think the reduction in atmosphere minimises our home advantage.

Why not move the dug-outs to the Lyndhurst side?
Surely going to happen whilst the grandstand is being re-developed :think:
So not for a few years

C

Cobi Budge.

LG":275t1m1l said:
kernow19":275t1m1l said:
Womble":275t1m1l said:
IJN":275t1m1l said:
I am 100% convinced that the people (and the type of people) missing from the Mayflower Steps has had a profound effect on recent years results.

I agree with this. 3/4 of a ground seems to result in 1/2 an atmosphere. Its not a proper football match without a thousand supporters behind the dugout shouting at the gaffers.

I think the reduction in atmosphere minimises our home advantage.

Why not move the dug-outs to the Lyndhurst side?
Surely going to happen whilst the grandstand is being re-developed :think:

So, never then? :eh:

Apr 4, 2004
I expect to see an improvement in the team from last season. It's a brave move to get shot of most of the centre midfield players from last season. I often thought that things didn't look right in that vital part of the team. I would like to think that being a former midfielder himself he will know exactly what is needed and have the right personnel for the job. Our season could hinge on it.

Jul 6, 2011
Paven":3qlopm4o said:
Having seen the Hourihane replacement, we'll do very well to get play offs.

We aren't putting him down already are we?? He's only played 2 half games.
Thinking about the attacks Hourihane use to come under practically through all his career at Home park; it's no surprise that folk are hinting already that Norburn is crap.
As already stated that Sheridan is doing things differently this year and it seems to me that Norburn will be playing a little more deep than Hourihane did (mostly).

Jun 8, 2014
briangreen":m2duwgjm said:
Paven":m2duwgjm said:
Having seen the Hourihane replacement, we'll do very well to get play offs.

We aren't putting him down already are we?? He's only played 2 half games.
Thinking about the attacks Hourihane use to come under practically through all his career at Home park; it's no surprise that folk are hinting already that Norburn is crap.
As already stated that Sheridan is doing things differently this year and it seems to me that Norburn will be playing a little more deep than Hourihane did (mostly).

What concerns me is how deep lying he is, he's not a like for like Hourihane replacement with IMO is disappointing as that's what we need.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
James Owen":3eogphda said:
Progress is pfovress

Chinese proverb??

It will be interesting to hear what the board expect of Sheridan rather than what we all think. They are the ones who know what backing has been provided and that would surely link to their season's objectives or what JS thinks he can achieve with certain resources.

C

Cobi Budge.

How long are you prepared to say that for though?

We've had 2 full seasons now since coming out of admin, the first was a terrible season and last season was a mixture of appalling and very good.

I expect us to get in to, or at least mount a serious, season long push for the play offs.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
After he said a few months ago his minimum expectation for the season is the play-offs, then it's mine too. I think we've made some good signings and I'm sure we'll be up there. However, if we do fall short by a few points or something then I'd rather see Sheridan stay and continue to build rather than replace him.

C

Cobi Budge.

Another season like last and he should go imo anyway, in the first half of the season we were frankly appalling, we picked it up in the second but were still patchy at times. It was never a serious play off push, we just had a glimpse for a few weeks but were too inconsistent and we bottled it.

The league will be a fair bit tighter in the top half, there has to be an improvement on last season for me.

Aug 15, 2008
Since Home Park has been redeveloped ( the 3 sides) I think we have been formidable at home maybe 3 or 4 seasons.

Unless I have a green tinted memory I seem to remember year on year our home form was a certainty?

Nov 22, 2006
The minimum I would expect is an improvement on last seasons finish, so 9th or higher, the home form to be so much better so we can have a chance of promotion, and a positive goal ddifference, if those 3 things are happening then I'll start dreaming of promotion

Mar 23, 2008
I think more than the league position, I want to see a clear plan and progression as opposed to last seasons scattergun approach and the feeling he was making it up as he went along.