Who drops. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Who drops.

Jan 7, 2013
Gloucester Green":3tq2m2o4 said:
Balham_Green":3tq2m2o4 said:
Gloucester Green":3tq2m2o4 said:
Replace Reid with Brunt and shift Jervis out on right and you have my 11
You wouldnt play our leading scorer from last season? :doh:

You got it right. He's not fully fit and has barely had a preseason. He is lazy and whinges too much. At last we have some competition for him and will have to work harder to get in the team. View hasn't changed in all the time he has been here. Plus he'll be at Yeovil soon enough
Why the Yeovil connection? I've heard Sturrock on more than one occasion when doing commentary on radio Devon that Reid is not his type of player and wouldn't play him! This was before he started banging the goals in mind you! Can't see Reuben wanting to go back to a club that had little interest in him the time he was there and a manager who publicly slated him..

Sep 6, 2006
Gloucester Green":3i991etn said:
Balham_Green":3i991etn said:
Gloucester Green":3i991etn said:
Replace Reid with Brunt and shift Jervis out on right and you have my 11
You wouldnt play our leading scorer from last season? :doh:

You got it right. He's not fully fit and has barely had a preseason. He is lazy and whinges too much. At last we have some competition for him and will have to work harder to get in the team. View hasn't changed in all the time he has been here. Plus he'll be at Yeovil soon enough

Fair enough in terms of fitness. I also wouldn't play him at Wimbledon as he is behind the others but long term he is one of the first choices when fit.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge.":gtpvb7xe said:
I'd probably include Reid in my starting line up but I wouldn't be too shocked to see him left out, Brunt and Jervis have both had a good pre season so far (in terms of goals scored) and if that continues, they should have a chance to hold onto a spot and Reid needs to work in training to regain his place. Nobody should have a confirmed spot.

I wouldn't get too carried away by goals against Elburton & Bideford!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Hartley won't be dropped for McHugh.

Reid will be first choice over Brunt.

Jervis will start.

McHugh or Simpson will make way for Boating.

Dec 2, 2005
London
Mark Pedlar":ub9gmcof said:
Hartley won't be dropped for McHugh.

Reid will be first choice over Brunt.

Jervis will start.

McHugh or Simpson will make way for Boating.

This is almost certainly what will happen.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cox will be on the bench - if he's lucky.

Yeovil can't afford Reid even if he was a free transfer.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
It's not a formation we've used but there could be a good chance to go 4-2-3-1 now:

23 McCormick

2 Mellor
5 Nelson
6 Hartley
3 Sawyer

7 Cox
20 Boateng

8 Simpson*
10 Carey
11 Wylde

14 Jervis

21 Bittner
4 McHugh
9 Reid
15 Harvey
16 Purrington
17 Brunt
19 Bentley

*Ideally, somebody to balance out the right hand side; Simpson then on the bench over Bentley

Jun 18, 2015
I hope McHugh doesnt get dropped as I think hes a class act, a rock at the back, maybe a bit of bias as hes my favorite player in the squad but I have a feeling that Hartley and Nelson will be the first choice center backs come AFC Wimbledon. Not that I would have too much problems as Hartley and Nelson are just as good in this division.

Jun 8, 2014
If we're going by stopping Akinfenwa then you play a high defensive line and don't let them get the ball to his feet, if you try and match him physically you are going to lose out. Remember Hartley last season when he had the lapse and tried to shoulder Akinfenwa out of the way and we conceded as a result of that mistake.

I'm not sure who drops out, probably Simpson or Cox but then it depends on what formation we're playing. It's not a decision I'd want to be making myself but it's a decision I'm very glad someone has to make for the good of the team.

Jun 18, 2015
paranoid android 123":3vbuizqh said:
At Wimbledon, Hartley probably suits playing the physicality of Akinfenwa better. After that?
Personally I think Mchugh would suit the physicality of Akinfenwa rather than Hartley