"Whole Game Solution" **Updated with Club Statement**. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"Whole Game Solution" **Updated with Club Statement**.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
At the next FL meeting in June I'd like the clubs to vote on a motion for Shaun Harvey to be replaced.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
The football pyramid is the whole essence of hope and aspiration for any football fan, However the steps of that pyramid are being eroded and filled in with an ever increasing,grease covered incline. The sport of football has been replaced with a money making conglomerate, driven by greed and the fear of failure as proved by the 1 billion plus, yes billion, of transfer fees paid in this window. How can any lower league football team compete with that. Rather than interfere with the current format I wish the greedy gits would do one and form their own super league thus leaving our fans to continue their Saturday release from the daily grind, never to return.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Just makes me so angry. It's clear to anyone with a brain cell that most of the problems with football in this country stem from the vested interests, greed and self-preservation of the Premier League. That's untouchable so we're looking at one of the most convoluted and unnecessary mix-ups I've ever seen, of the current format. Looks to me mainly a way of sucking up to the Premier League clubs by possibly allowing B teams, and/or paving the way for Rangers and Celtic to join the English leagues.

The Football League isn't perfect, but broadly its essence and format represents (or maybe used to, before the awful rebranding) everything good about English football. Why the hell are we messing with it, when it's clear that the Premier League is a Frankenstein's monster that needs reining in? Football often reflects society, and the inequality, greed and downright unfairness we're seeing in English football now certainly reflects British society at present.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Apart from that, it's just a series of bizarre, wishy washy assumptions and conjecture. All laced with Mr Harvey's loathsome business speak, of course.

Example.... the logic for reducing leagues to 20 teams is to reduce the number of midweek games. This apparently enables players to 'deliver a better product'....yuck. More bizarrely, he thinks that no midweek games will mean more fans will attend at the weekends. Oh, and let's stick on another vague assumption, that clubs can have smaller squads and save money.

You'll notice the same sort of ideas aren't being directed at the likes of Chelsea and their 38 players out on loan.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
I wonder who Shaun Harvey's favourite football is? If it's a Premier League team then I'm not surprised at all, if it's a Football League team then he genuinely is stupid and clueless about his job and what he thinks is right because his sh!t ideas are going to hurt his own club/

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Liam Vercoe":a0h3iz1v said:
I wonder who Shaun Harvey's favourite football is? If it's a Premier League team then I'm not surprised at all, if it's a Football League team then he genuinely is stupid and clueless about his job and what he thinks is right because his sh!t ideas are going to hurt his own club/

I 'think' he's a Leeds fan, though I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a football fan at all. Do 'sports property' fans speak like this '...in an increasingly challenging global sports market, it is absolutely essential that sports properties can project a modern identity'?

By the way, I didn't think anyone could beat Jeremy Hunt in 'Most Punchable Smug Face' stakes...

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Liam Vercoe":1lqtkt0n said:

I doubt he's even that interested in football let alone supports a team. He's not a football man he's a business man, his interest is money and his job is to pave the way for the elite to earn lots of it.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Biggs":wtyabngv said:
Liam Vercoe":wtyabngv said:

I 'think' he's a Leeds fan, though I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a football fan at all. Do 'sports property' fans speak like this '...in an increasingly challenging global sports market, it is absolutely essential that sports properties can project a modern identity'?

By the way, I didn't think anyone could beat Jeremy Hunt in 'Most Punchable Smug Face' stakes...

Beat me to it Biggs :greensmile:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The Leeds fans didn't want him at the EFL, they started a petition to get rid of Harvey, I can see similar happening to get rid of him from the EFL as CEO.

Harvey out

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
AFC Wimbledon Trust and Club are against the new proposals from Harvey....

Link

And Pompey are against it as well...

Link

Surely next June when the clubs formally kick this out Harvey must resign?

PL2 3DQ":2umm7ci6 said:
The Leeds fans didn't want him at the EFL, they started a petition to get rid of Harvey, I can see similar happening to get rid of him from the EFL as CEO.

Harvey out

And wouldn't it be grand if someone from Plymouth led the way? If our club owners can't see what's in front of their eyes, the AFT are currently no use to anyone, it comes down, once again, to the average supporter to kick it off.