"Whole Game Solution" **Updated with Club Statement**. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

"Whole Game Solution" **Updated with Club Statement**.

Aug 5, 2005
As I've said elsewhere it requires 65 of the 72 to agree for it to go through.

It's never going to happen and everyone knows it's never going to happen

Quizmike":59mhkd3d said:

That's quite likely what a lot of people said about Germany in the 1930s (I also despise the phrase "Whole Game Solution". Reminds me of that similar Nazi phrase).

As to whether it will or will not - maybe, maybe not. I would far sooner not even have it on the table on the first place.

What is worrying is that our own chairman appears to be, whilst not overtly in favour, certainly not dismissing the idea. If other chairmen feel that they too owe the EFL a debt, then we have a problem.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bermudian Green":1w22kfmf said:
I'll be very, very annoyed if Argyle saw fit to respond to the letter (now removed from the link in the OP), without making any attempt to speak with their own fanbase.

That shows complete contempt for us all.

I think there's little fear of that Jerry.

IJN":2gnir1s0 said:
Bermudian Green":2gnir1s0 said:
I'll be very, very annoyed if Argyle saw fit to respond to the letter (now removed from the link in the OP), without making any attempt to speak with their own fanbase.

Little fear of speaking or not speaking, Ian? I guess it doesn't help that the AFT spat their dummy out, thus giving the club a legitimate "we had no-one to talk to" get-out.

Aug 5, 2005
Bermudian Green":1gzumd2e said:
Quizmike":1gzumd2e said:

That's quite likely what a lot of people said about Germany in the 1930s (I also despise the phrase "Whole Game Solution". Reminds me of that similar Nazi phrase).

As to whether it will or will not - maybe, maybe not. I would far sooner not even have it on the table on the first place.

What is worrying is that our own chairman appears to be, whilst not overtly in favour, certainly not dismissing the idea. If other chairmen feel that they too owe the EFL a debt, then we have a problem.[/quote]

If only Nazi Germany just required 8 teams to vote against it.

NONE of the Championship teams are in favour for a start. They don't want to be a division further away from the Prem.

May 8, 2011
There is a fans forum on the 24th September, perfect opportunity to ask the board for their position on this.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Bermudian Green":qtpe6bun said:
IJN":qtpe6bun said:
Bermudian Green":qtpe6bun said:

Little fear of speaking or not speaking, Ian? I guess it doesn't help that the AFT spat their dummy out, thus giving the club a legitimate "we had no-one to talk to" get-out.

Of not speaking mate.

Quizmike":t73jsf6o said:
NONE of the Championship teams are in favour for a start. They don't want to be a division further away from the Prem.

And when the EPL come along waving their wallets and shouting their promises, how many of those clubs will buckle under the weight of cash?

Let's just take it off the table now, once and for all.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Oxford chairman hits the nail on the head.

"It all comes back to what's the issue we're trying to solve? I don't believe fixture congestion is an issue for League One and Two sides.

"We need to find out much more detail on what's underneath the proposals and what's the real agenda behind them.

"I would say the single biggest issue for lower league clubs is the distribution of financial revenues in football is massively too far weighted towards the Premier League."

:thumbs:

So we're embarking on the biggest restructuring of English football in 50+ years... for what reason exactly?

The Football League ain't broke, and it don't need fixing. The Premier League does, but that will never happen because money talks.

Biggs":25oximr7 said:

"It all comes back to what's the issue we're trying to solve? I don't believe fixture congestion is an issue for League One and Two sides.

"We need to find out much more detail on what's underneath the proposals and what's the real agenda behind them.

"I would say the single biggest issue for lower league clubs is the distribution of financial revenues in football is massively too far weighted towards the Premier League."

So we're embarking on the biggest restructuring of English football in 50+ years... for what reason exactly?

The Football League ain't broke, and it don't need fixing. The Premier League does, but that will never happen because money talks.

Quite. And our chairman is saying what exactly?

May 8, 2011
Bermudian Green":34zs7yhp said:
Biggs":34zs7yhp said:

Quite. And our chairman is saying what exactly?

At the moment exactly the same as the majority of the 72 club owners.