Would you swop Sheridan for Tisdale? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Would you swop Sheridan for Tisdale?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
crownhillpilgrim":1oglhkmv said:
This is one of those threads that everyone looks at tomorrow and shakes their heads

:) It would seem it's the younger "I want it now" generation who want Tisdale.

Tisdale may have won two battles against Sheridan but he won't win the war. He's been linked to several clubs over the last few years but no club has appointed him as their manager, why is that?

Despite his mistakes, including against Exeter, Sheridan is still the best man for the long term job at Argyle.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
He won't have finished higher than Sheridan but that's like expecting Crystal Palace to come above Everton. The resources of the two clubs aren't comparable. Of course we'll come above them but it's apples and oranges.

In his League One days, at least three clubs offered Tisdale jobs but he turned them down. Bet he regrets that now. There are rumours that he's exceptionally highly paid for this league due to two promotion wage rises which now cannot be reversed. The rumour I heard is that that's why Oxford and Pompey couldn't afford him, but would have wanted him. It's commonly believed on Exeweb that that's the case.

Don't get me wrong- there aren't very many managers in this league who I'd take above Sheridan. I think he's the right man for the job here long-term. But there are a select few who I think are even better than Sheridan and Tisdale who has got Exeter performing at least slightly above and usually very far above where they should expect to be each season is one of the few who I'd prefer.

Jan 27, 2012
Tisdale is a good manager. I like his style. Better than Sheridan ? Yes, I would say so.

Warnock and Sturrock are better again. Proven to be successful. THEY would get Argyle promoted. And both would come back here if asked.

L

localboy

Fully behind sheridan, even after tonights shambles, believe he is the right man for the job long term, tisdale, although done well at them lot over the years, is not for me, only other manager i'd consider is warnock but doubt that would last a long time anyway so stick with sheridan for me and let him build

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Couple of indifferent results and I see the usual knee-jerkers have returned in force again.
Where is X-Isle, the PASOTI Voice of Reason when you need him?

Mar 23, 2008
GreenSam":123cy41l said:
He won't have finished higher than Sheridan but that's like expecting Crystal Palace to come above Everton. The resources of the two clubs aren't comparable. Of course we'll come above them but it's apples and oranges.

In his League One days, at least three clubs offered Tisdale jobs but he turned them down. Bet he regrets that now. There are rumours that he's exceptionally highly paid for this league due to two promotion wage rises which now cannot be reversed. The rumour I heard is that that's why Oxford and Pompey couldn't afford him, but would have wanted him. It's commonly believed on Exeweb that that's the case.

Don't get me wrong- there aren't very many managers in this league who I'd take above Sheridan. I think he's the right man for the job here long-term. But there are a select few who I think are even better than Sheridan and Tisdale who has got Exeter performing at least slightly above and usually very far above where they should expect to be each season is one of the few who I'd prefer.
Exactly Sam, I really think mid-table was the minimum requirement for an experienced manager with a decent budget and a big squad. When you say Sheridan might be better longer term I'm not sure, I just don't see implementing a style of play or indeed develop younger players, it's just sterile counter attacking football at home games and lump the ball up to RR.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
It wasn't rocket science to work out how Argyle would line up last night. That doesn't make Tisdale a master tactician, it highlights the one weakness I see in Sheridan.

G

Greenskin

Jeez,what a heap of reactionary and simplistic bullpoo.Very similar in fact to the 64 page "Tisdale out" thread which was on Exeweb the other day and in which Sheridan was lauded as a far better manager than Tisdale.I couldn't give a toss about Exeter or Tisdale,i think Argyle as a club need to get away from the parochiality that the "one team in Devon" schlock produces and which has also resulted in the angst evident on this thread,in the same way as a 5-0 aggregate hammering from Exeter heaped abuse on Shilton in his first full year as manager.Truth is that Sheridan is about halfway through a total rebuilding programme after taking over a team which finished a mere handful of points from relegation from the football league twice in a row.It was never going to be an easy ride and in fact the vastly superior comparative results under Sheridan have now created pressures and a yardstick of their own.No problem with that,a natural enough happening.But sometimes a step back needs to be taken and the bigger picture looked at,in spite of a deeply disappointing performance and result last night.I hope Sheridan is given the tools to do the job in the summer.If he is and Argyle don't make genuine progress towards getting out of this league at the right end next year then fair enough,maybe he isn't the right man for the job.But it took people like Rowley,Waiters and Smith rather longer than one full season to fashion their teams and Sheridan deserves a chance to do likewise.If this thread was started after Argyle were winning 5-0 against Morecambe and 4-0 at Fleetwood,would there have been many supporters for Tisdale,in charge of an Exeter team which couldn't stop losing? Rather doubt it somehow,i suppose it demonstrates how quickly opinions and fortunes can change.

Jan 27, 2012
Argyle are a big club for this division. Our lowest home attendances are 4 times bigger than Accrington's, last night the attendance was about 9 times what Accrington can pull. Sheridan has a lot of resources at his disposal compared to most clubs in this league, including Exeter. Mid -table is not a measure of success. Play-offs ought to be the minimum expected. Most clubs have debt, most have been in administration in this league, so that's no excuse. Its in the past. Sheridan is under-performing.

Jun 15, 2013
Wow. I think Sheridan is decent manager of good calibre.
I doubt we are placed in 9th if he is not our manager.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
NO, NO,NO. Although I sometime question his tactics and substitutions sometimes. :scarf: