Would you swop Sheridan for Tisdale? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Would you swop Sheridan for Tisdale?

G

Greenskin

Ave_IT":2b69d1qg said:
PilgrimJosh":2b69d1qg said:
Nope. Why would i swap for a manager who took 5 and a half months to win at home? That is an absolute shambles and its only because Exeter don't have the guts that he didn't get sacked. Read some of their forum if you think he's always this good.

Dresses like he's on crack and has by a lot of records, played some truly diabolical football with some truly diabolical players.

Whilst he may be a bit quicker to make a sub, that's about all I can credit him for as for being noticeably better than Sheridan.

Come off it. He’s worked miracles with that tin-pot outfit up the road. They were conference dead beats and had been for some years when he arrived – he took them to the play-offs in his first season (which they lost). They got over it and he got them promoted the following year. He then got them out of L2 (a helluva achievement for them) then came within a point or two of making the play-offs in L1 (when we got relegated). This was all done on a shoe string and let’s be honest - playing the sort of passing football we saw from them last night and that we would love to see at HP from the Green shirts - which is some achievement on their turnip patch. Sure they got relegated from L1 eventually – they can’t defy gravity forever but most year he has to break up the team and sell his best players. We all hoped they’d collapse after relegation but last year were around the top most of the year before falling away late season.

This year they have gone through a dire patch of form since Christmas, I’ve no idea why but there is ample rumours of serious financial problems behind the scenes – who knows? What I’d say after last night’s showing is that with a decent striker and playing on our pitch with their style of football (no wonder they struggle on their own ploughed field) they’d walk this league with that team. So Yes – I’d swap him for Sheridan in the proverbial heart-beat and enjoy the football.

You're a very fair chap.Of course it's right to judge the merits or philosophies of one manager who has been at a club for eight years against another who has been at a club for 13 months. :roll: Tell you what,just take a peek at Exeweb and see what their supporters have been saying about Tisdale for month after month,it doesn't seem to tally with your "enjoy the football" statement.Last year at Home park,on exactly the same pitch and with the same manager,Exeter were utter crap so maybe the grass isn't always so obviouly greener on the other side [so to speak].

G

Greenskin

crownhillpilgrim":gbyyk8lg said:
How about we replace our current manager with the manager of the team who last beat us, then replace him with the manager of the team that beat us next, and the winner stays on.... a bit like on Countdown...

I like Countdown.Bet that Rachel Riley would make a good manageress,she can do sums,bet she wouldn't get confused by the 1-3-2-3-1 formation.

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't think I can answer because I don't know where I stand on Sheridan. Half the time he's brilliant, half the time he's clueless.

I don't him sacked but I've always said, loosing Sheridan wouldn't be too much of an issue imo.

Jul 30, 2013
The Wicked Westcountry
Ave_IT":2p7n9fd0 said:
PilgrimJosh":2p7n9fd0 said:
Nope. Why would i swap for a manager who took 5 and a half months to win at home? That is an absolute shambles and its only because Exeter don't have the guts that he didn't get sacked. Read some of their forum if you think he's always this good.

Dresses like he's on crack and has by a lot of records, played some truly diabolical football with some truly diabolical players.

Whilst he may be a bit quicker to make a sub, that's about all I can credit him for as for being noticeably better than Sheridan.

Come off it. He’s worked miracles with that tin-pot outfit up the road. They were conference dead beats and had been for some years when he arrived – he took them to the play-offs in his first season (which they lost). They got over it and he got them promoted the following year. He then got them out of L2 (a helluva achievement for them) then came within a point or two of making the play-offs in L1 (when we got relegated). This was all done on a shoe string and let’s be honest - playing the sort of passing football we saw from them last night and that we would love to see at HP from the Green shirts - which is some achievement on their turnip patch. Sure they got relegated from L1 eventually – they can’t defy gravity forever but most year he has to break up the team and sell his best players. We all hoped they’d collapse after relegation but last year were around the top most of the year before falling away late season.

This year they have gone through a dire patch of form since Christmas, I’ve no idea why but there is ample rumours of serious financial problems behind the scenes – who knows? What I’d say after last night’s showing is that with a decent striker and playing on our pitch with their style of football (no wonder they struggle on their own ploughed field) they’d walk this league with that team. So Yes – I’d swap him for Sheridan in the proverbial heart-beat and enjoy the football.

Miracles? As I put it to GreenSam last night on twitter who called him a 'miracle-worker', I disagreed strongly.. Surely if he was this miracle worker he could have kept them up, I'd want him to if he is, as the rumour go, on £3500 a week, wow that is a lot.

Then I don't buy the 'can't defy gravity forever', so smaller teams can never stay in a league for too long just because their natural place pulls them down. But football doesn't work like that. It's not like they have absolutely no money, not enough to pay him off sadly for their fans though, who have been majorly against the bloke for months, but seem to accept that they cant afford to pay him off, and nor will he resign. Why should he if he's on such an enormous wage, even if it is for such a minuscule club?

Then there's the pitch. Blimey it's not that bad, my team in the DJM can pass the ball and retain possession even with at times what feels like a 20% gradient.

I do share your sentiment about the striker though, they could have buried us long before their second goal. How they didn't I really don't know.

So why (GS this is more to you) have they not signed a genuine, top striker for this league?

Oh wait, they have.. He's called Alan Gow, he's got a broken leg and he's on loan to Bristol Rovers.

Yup, well done Paul Tisdale.