Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Devongreenowl":1caiv8h0 said:
I’m going to look forward to returning to HP if selected. I renewed pretty early so am hopeful that I will be lucky, in which case I will be there like a shot. :scarf:

I thought you'd been back at Home Park for a couple of months already... ;)

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
The Doctor":3bdvo1dj said:
All in all it's certainly going to be a bit of a nightmare for clubs to organize since they won't have long to do so and don't know whether any particular individual fan would attend if they were offered the chance to do so.

If there are, say, 2000 places available they will somehow have to work down through the season ticket holders in order of when they renewed finding out who will come and who won't so that they can offer a seat to the next person on the list. Like I said, a complete nightmare.

All of that to make a financial loss compared to the scenario of having no fans at all (since there will be extra costs associated with having fans at the game that will surely not be offset by any food/drink etc sales). But it will be progress.

The Government's proposals on attending sporting events, while aimed at giving fans what they want, has the makings of a shambles and a lot of confused fans, particularly with different rules for clubs playing in the same divisions.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Come on Dorset, any news is good news surely! Why will it be confusing? It’s up to clubs to make the arrangements and supporters will know what level their clubs are in. The hard work will be for big clubs with big support and large numbers of ST holders, in sorting out who attends. Surely we have to see it as a small step towards large crowds hopefully by the end of the season.

Oct 1, 2015
Nice to see a 28 yr old suggests only up to 50 age should be allowed back at present. Along with the 72 yr old ex Royal Marine
I am 71, and have supported Argyle since 1966 (54 yrs) most of that time as ST holder. I renewed on 1st day, and spend £10
to watch away on I follow.........I also live in Bideford and travel down from EX39. I think I'm just as entitled to my seat as the 28yr old who lives in PL2 !

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
westwardgreen":2niwy0p9 said:
Nice to see a 28 yr old suggests only up to 50 age should be allowed back at present. Along with the 72 yr old ex Royal Marine
I am 71, and have supported Argyle since 1966 (54 yrs) most of that time as ST holder. I renewed on 1st day, and spend £10
to watch away on I follow.........I also live in Bideford and travel down from EX39. I think I'm just as entitled to my seat as the 28yr old who lives in PL2 !

:thumbs: :thumbs:

C

Cult Of Personality

The club said when they sold tickets that it would be based on a first come first serve basis..it's that simple. It don't matter about age or how long you had your ticket how many games you been to . The club put it out in black and white and said that .

The club should honour what they said and that should be the end of this matter

Aug 23, 2009
Southway
Cult Of Personality":2hkidh3h said:
The club said when they sold tickets that it would be based on a first come first serve basis..it's that simple. It don't matter about age or how long you had your ticket how many games you been to . The club put it out in black and white and said that .

But wasn’t there a delay for quite a few people I seem to remember trying to link accounts , and people not being able to get through on the phone lines ?

If that is the case it’s not so much first come first served , more of a lucky dip.

C

Cult Of Personality

SatisfiedinSouthway":13srj86o said:
Cult Of Personality":13srj86o said:

But wasn’t there a delay for quite a few people I seem to remember trying to link accounts , and people not being able to get through on the phone lines ?

If that is the case it’s not so much first come first served , more of a lucky dip.

It's quite simple the club put it up in black and white . If they don't honour it . They will open themselves up to trading standards for misleading advertisement and miss selling of tickets

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
The club is not going to be able to win here. However they sort things out there are going to be some bitterly disappointed fans who feel they have been unfairly excluded. But I agree with Cult of P - I think the stance set out at the time of season ticket renewal was pretty clear. Some will still argue with it though.

Jul 12, 2016
Regardless of who is allowed into HP the experience is not going to be anything like normal. To get there for some will be a nightmare with a number of coaches not having enough customers to warrant running the service. Once you arrive you will be segregated at all times and presumably there will be little if any refreshments available. It will be great to watch live football again but at what cost?

C

Cult Of Personality

oldage":3mfp5a2n said:
Regardless of who is allowed into HP the experience is not going to be anything like normal. To get there for some will be a nightmare with a number of coaches not having enough customers to warrant running the service. Once you arrive you will be segregated at all times and presumably there will be little if any refreshments available. It will be great to watch live football again but at what cost?

Just being there will be enough. There might be less passion less songs less atmosphere but just the sights and smells of football at home park will be enough .

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Back in September the club said they were going through scenarios to allow fans to return to stadiums, presumably that would include a mass email to season holders depending on the timing of each purchase.
Hence the recent big push to ensure all ST holders email addresses were correct and not just for iFollow.

I would say the club are ready to accept fans back into the stadium, hopefully it's as advertised on the first come, first served basis.

PAFC

Steps taken by the club include newly-written operational documents, additional cleaning regimen, regular COVID testing, limiting personnel on-site, and stringent match-day temperature checks and social distancing rules.

We have also engaged with crowd safety professionals, at a local and national level, to ensure that our operational procedures are as COVID-secure as possible – and a number of our key personnel were in attendance at the test event at Cambridge United’s Abbey Stadium last week.

Throughout pre-season preparations, the club has worked closely with the EFL and our local Safety Advisory Group, to ensure that our match-day operations and supporting documentation are of the highest standards – and feedback from an EFL assessor in attendance at our Sky Bet League One victory over Blackpool was extremely positive.

May 8, 2011
The other issue for clubs like Argyle is that by letting in 4,000 or 2,000 fans will mean that as everyone will be season ticket holders they will be making even more of a loss as they will incur additional expenditure but not getting any extra income.

A team like Morecambe allowed 50% capacity will be able to have non season tickets holders in and so get revenue.