Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone want Adams to stay?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
pafcidg":3gowu5fn said:
Get the clown out of our club now !!! I will never forgive him for going to Grimsby playing one up front and Pompey wining the league.the man is taking us down simple !!!!

Never forgive him for getting promoted?

You absolute tool.

And no, that doesnā€™t mean heā€™s not at fault this season. He is, largely with the disastrous transfers window.

Jul 17, 2011
Adams has given us good times here and I think when he signed the 5 year contract we all accepted that he was here for the long haul.... success or fail this year. Unfortunately today his team let him down. If you canā€™t defend set pieces , you lack leaders and for me that team needs a boot up the backside. First popular thing a new manager could do is give Carey the captaincy!! It my kick him back in to form, we also have some good young talent. Under normal circumstances Iā€™d say wait until January, but youā€™re not really going to get a much better squad: Iā€™ve got a feeling we might be knocking on Torquayā€™s door for Johnson- heā€™s local and experienced oh and cheap. Positive or negative: of we get rid of Adams, thatā€™s all we will get.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
I want Adams to stay - for now.

Some players are letting him down. Today Lameiras was losing possession and putting the team into trouble and Burton had just moved their right winger to right back so it made sense to bring on Wylde and use his pace against the make shift defender.
In hindsight it didn't work because Wylde was poor and Adams wasn't to know Wylde would waste his big chance.

We were poor against Oxford but today the attacking side of the team played very well. The defenders were poor and let Adams down.

It's a season of transition and disruption for the club with a rebuild taking place on the grandstand, a new CEO, a new owner and new chairman (in, out, in again).

The routine of the players has also been disrupted with changing changing rooms.

I just think changing manager in October is one disruption too many and could be a tipping point, Adams is the only constant at the club, we need stability and let's reaccess his position in December.
Let's not forget we were bottom of the league in December last season.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
arrythewurzel":1cnp4bmv said:
IPA":1cnp4bmv said:
Charles.plym":1cnp4bmv said:
Leigh Rapson":1cnp4bmv said:
Yes. Christmas is the time to make the change.

The final straw for me today was replacing one of the our best players (Lamieras) with another pub player (Wylde). With that went any chance we had of winning the match and showed that Adams really has run out of ideas.

Think he was injured.
Which then begs the question, with a League 2 standard winger on the bench in Joel Grant, why did he instead bring on a Conference South quality winger in Wylde?

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Right now Derek Adams needs support from the board of directors

Surely thereā€™s some Free agent players available & then support in the January transfer window

Still early days as itā€™s only October

Jun 2, 2016
GreenArmy1984":38qzycd6 said:

Surely thereā€™s some Free agent players available & then support in the January transfer window
The way he just spent our transfer budget would you give him more money in January.......? Yeah actually I think I know the answer to that.

Jun 2, 2016
PL2 3DQ":14gvvlf3 said:
I want Adams to stay - for now.

Some players are letting him down. Today Lameiras was losing possession and putting the team into trouble and Burton had just moved their right winger to right back so it made sense to bring on Wylde and use his pace against the make shift defender.
In hindsight it didn't work because Wylde was poor and Adams wasn't to know Wylde would waste his big chance.

We were poor against Oxford but today the attacking side of the team played very well. The defenders were poor and let Adams down.

It's a season of transition and disruption for the club with a rebuild taking place on the grandstand, a new CEO, a new owner and new chairman (in, out, in again).

The routine of the players has also been disrupted with changing changing rooms.

I just think changing manager in October is one disruption too many and could be a tipping point, Adams is the only constant at the club, we need stability and let's reaccess his position in December.
Let's not forget we were bottom of the league in December last season.
Tipping point to what?

Apr 4, 2004
Stay. Deserves time. December is the time. I hate loosing as much as anyone. But I believe we all need to be careful what we wish for. I think a change now could seal our fate as relagation certainties.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
the_corkscrew":229k61mi said:
GreenArmy1984":229k61mi said:

The way he just spent our transfer budget would you give him more money in January.......? Yeah actually I think I know the answer to that.

Wouldn't trust him with 50p to get the right bag of space raiders crisps

Altarnun Green

āœ… Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
Dan Ellard":1c2qrus7 said:
arrythewurzel":1c2qrus7 said:
IPA":1c2qrus7 said:
Charles.plym":1c2qrus7 said:
Leigh Rapson":1c2qrus7 said:
Yes. Christmas is the time to make the change.

The final straw for me today was replacing one of the our best players (Lamieras) with another pub player (Wylde). With that went any chance we had of winning the match and showed that Adams really has run out of ideas.

Think he was injured.
Which then begs the question, with a League 2 standard winger on the bench in Joel Grant, why did he instead bring on a Conference South quality winger in Wylde?

This. And to the original question, no

Feb 2, 2007
Doesn't matter what I think he will be staying for now. If we don't get results over next two weeks he could be gone very soon thoug.

Any new manager will have an uphill task with the lack of ability and poor attitude in the squad and it will also need a new backroom set up.

Jan 6, 2004
Ming that makes no sense at all - you are suggesting even if we lose every match between now and December Adams stays. There will be no escaping by then. Either he goes now or we may as well stick with him as he takes us down. Waiting until December is nonsensical

Apr 30, 2011
I have finally lost faith in DA turning things around BUT, who else would do a better job? To me the players he has signed mean we have an injury prone, in experienced and unbalanced squad. I don't think anyone could turn this around. And if there was a manger pit there called Adam Derek's for example who had the CV of our current manager, we would probably all want him appointed.

I don't really know what my argument or point is to be honest.