Anyone want Adams to stay? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Anyone want Adams to stay?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
New man needs time to assess the current situation and line up replacements for the January transfer window.

There is no point delaying DA's departure any further or it will be too late.

If we don't beat Gillingham on Tuesday he needs to be sacked immediately. If that's not done then I fear we are stuck with him in league 2 next year at which point I can't see me bothering to renew my season ticket after 20 years.

Completely fed up with the dross football and DA's stubborn arrogant attitude. The guy is a merchant banker

Feb 2, 2007
I think he made another tactical error beyond the subs today in choosing to focus on a few fans targeting him with abuse- not only will his reaction further encourage those inclined it just drives that wedge further into the fanbase

I thought the fans were brilliant today when faced with another all to predictable demise.

Gillingham or bust? On a Tuesday night? At home? What could go right??!

Apr 16, 2008
Templecombe, Somerset
nick_PASTIE":z4jkpx92 said:
I think he made another tactical error beyond the subs today in choosing to focus on a few fans targeting him with abuse- not only will his reaction further encourage those inclined it just drives that wedge further into the fanbase

I thought the fans were brilliant today when faced with another all to predictable demise.

Gillingham or bust? On a Tuesday night? At home? What could go right??!

True the fans did their best today, many stayed to clap the players off. The boos were directed at Mr Adams

Yobs really??? Derek you have no idea

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
He'll be there on Tuesday.

Myself and hundreds of ST Holders won't be there.
Thousands of casual supporters who would POTD if we were doing well won't be there either.

Who do the Board want to keep long-term? Thousands of supporters or one manager? :think:

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Absolutely not.

Time for a change. We need someone who can rally this squad and make them ‘more than the sum of their parts’ through organisation and improving them as players.

We need someone who is going to dig us out of this mess.

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody ,I agree with you. Adams is paid to do a job and I can't think of any other football club who would accept the current situation.Argyle and it's supporters are far more important than a stubborn ,arrogant manager who uses every excuse in the book to cover his own failings.Hopefully Hallett will have more bottle than Brent and sack him when he takes over.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
the_corkscrew":10oxuq1v said:
PL2 3DQ":10oxuq1v said:
I want Adams to stay - for now.

Some players are letting him down. Today Lameiras was losing possession and putting the team into trouble and Burton had just moved their right winger to right back so it made sense to bring on Wylde and use his pace against the make shift defender.
In hindsight it didn't work because Wylde was poor and Adams wasn't to know Wylde would waste his big chance.

We were poor against Oxford but today the attacking side of the team played very well. The defenders were poor and let Adams down.

It's a season of transition and disruption for the club with a rebuild taking place on the grandstand, a new CEO, a new owner and new chairman (in, out, in again).

The routine of the players has also been disrupted with changing changing rooms.

I just think changing manager in October is one disruption too many and could be a tipping point, Adams is the only constant at the club, we need stability and let's reaccess his position in December.
Let's not forget we were bottom of the league in December last season.
Tipping point to what?

Relegation and a further downward spiral. There's no guarantee that a new manager would stop us being relegated. What Adams proved last season is that he can save us from relegation from this exact same position.
We obviously won't be fighting for a play-off position as we were towards the end of last season but he has enough experience for a mid table position.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
PL2 3DQ":2r7ogsl9 said:
the_corkscrew":2r7ogsl9 said:
PL2 3DQ":2r7ogsl9 said:
I want Adams to stay - for now.

Some players are letting him down. Today Lameiras was losing possession and putting the team into trouble and Burton had just moved their right winger to right back so it made sense to bring on Wylde and use his pace against the make shift defender.
In hindsight it didn't work because Wylde was poor and Adams wasn't to know Wylde would waste his big chance.

We were poor against Oxford but today the attacking side of the team played very well. The defenders were poor and let Adams down.

It's a season of transition and disruption for the club with a rebuild taking place on the grandstand, a new CEO, a new owner and new chairman (in, out, in again).

The routine of the players has also been disrupted with changing changing rooms.

I just think changing manager in October is one disruption too many and could be a tipping point, Adams is the only constant at the club, we need stability and let's reaccess his position in December.
Let's not forget we were bottom of the league in December last season.
Tipping point to what?

relegation and a further downward spiral. There's no guarantee that a new manager would stop us being relegated. What Adams proved last season is that he can save us from relegation from this exact same position.
We obviously won't be fighting for a play-off position as we were towards the end of last season but he has enough experience for a mid table position.

Genuine question: You seem very ‘pro Adams’, what is it that you have seen about his abilities and the way the team is being managed that makes you believe he should remain in charge?

Oct 31, 2015
rsp4":1ksx92u2 said:
I do. Let him stay and sort this out

Blimey I was being sarcastic. I really cant believe there are people who are still saying yes.

I have given up. DA stay and take us down and I hope the green tints are happy.

Today I just shook my head and sat and watched after Wylde was bought on.

Oct 31, 2015
GreenArmy1984":360qtt73 said:
Time to show Derek Adams And the players a little respect

Patience is required

Everyone needs to stick together

COYGs

Do one mate.That comment shows a DA style of arrogance!!!!####