Argyle confirm Ryan Lowe as manager | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle confirm Ryan Lowe as manager

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Lowe has already called us Argyle, and not Plymouth... and used the term ‘legendary’ in describing the Green Army...

Well done in both counts, and welcome to Home Ryan and Steven..!! :scarf:

Let’s hope your brand of football works with the current squad + a few good additions.

Oh and Ryan if your looking for a decent ball playing CB in your 3 man defence.. you could do a lot worse than getting Lloyd Jones back on a season long loan.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Sorry if I've missed this - but what is the situation about relocation? Will he?

Excited about the new season now....... COYGS!!!!!

Apr 29, 2016
Kentishgreen":3aezv6w2 said:
I think the first thing the manager needs to do is identify the prats who downed tools and got us relegated in the first place and get rid even if unpopular decisions have to be made. Then he needs to rebuild the team. Dead easy really!

Excellent positive post to go with the positive thread! :doh:

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
JannerinCardiff":g20psshm said:
Lowe has already called us Argyle, and not Plymouth... and used the term ‘legendary’ in describing the Green Army...

Well done in both counts, and welcome to Home Ryan and Steven..!! :scarf:

Let’s hope your brand of football works with the current squad + a few good additions.

Oh and Ryan if your looking for a decent ball playing CB in your 3 man defence.. you could do a lot worse than getting Lloyd Jones back on a season long loan.

Yeah loved the quotes too.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Welcome to the new management team.

Argyle now have a manager who knows our league and has just got a recently relegated side out of it. Can there be any better qualification than that? The biggest challenge will be getting the right players and I hope the board understand that the job is not yet done.

Jul 29, 2010
Martyn":fb5ymgug said:
X Isle":fb5ymgug said:
The puppy has landed :thumbup:

Go on then son, the proof will be in the pudding, impress us and you'll be adored.

Big conkers from the board with this appointment.

Thankfully it wasn’t Hollowords, eh X isle
That remains to be seen when we see how the pudding turns out.

In the meantime there is no point fishing because I'm not biting :shh:

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
How long with Lowe be given as a honeymoon period?

The expectations of most of us will be a team challenging for promotion from the 4th tier. Personally, I would like a little Cup run too just for the excitement.

I am hoping we see a couple of new faces in the squad in next couple of weeks. :scarf:

Jan 27, 2012
Argyle is a bigger club than Bury and expectations are higher. If he doesn’t win promotion next year he may be seen as a failure and so the pressure will be on Ryan Lowe to deliver straight away.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Finally the saga is over, long few weeks of talk of him being announced and hardly any words from the club. Now the prep for next season can start. Liking the fact he called us Argyle and referred to us fans has the legendary Green Army.

Looking forward to see what they both bring to the club.

Welcome to Argyle, Ryan and Steve along with your families.
:scarf:

Aug 5, 2016
gaspargomez":2dlocml0 said:
Argyle is a bigger club than Bury and expectations are higher. If he doesn’t win promotion next year he may be seen as a failure and so the pressure will be on Ryan Lowe to deliver straight away.

It's not his team at the moment, and there may be a lot of deadwood to clear out in terms of characters as much as ability.

If he doesn't get top 3 it js hardly a sackable offence. The reality is he's got about two months to make signings and put together a winning team that plays silky football and scores loads of goals. It very realistically might not happen.

Next summer could see the rest of Adams's signings depart, and then we can truly judge Ryan Lowe. That said, he may make excellent use of what DA left behind.

We just don't know yet, but expectation and pressure like this won't help one bit.