B.W.P | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

B.W.P

May 22, 2006
Mario":iu5577nx said:
An agent that uses Twitter has said one top Argyle player has agreed a deal with Brighton; rumours are it is BWP..

Elsewhere Gally's father in law reckoned Noone was going to Brighton. Don't remember him giving much duff info in the past.

BWP's done very well this season but if it was a choice between the two I'd prefer him to go and give Rory P a chance up front. Yala doesn't look much like filling a winger's boots at the moment.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
BWP's roots are in South London whereas Noone's roots are in the North West...if anyone is going to Brighton it would be BWP...

A

Arch Stanton

graiser":3003283j said:
Tugboat":3003283j said:
John Petrie":3003283j said:
Arch Stanton":3003283j said:
pilgrim_pete":3003283j said:
The plan is to seek investment so we can pay the tax man and keep Noone and BWP for a push for promotion.

If we can't find investment, then those two will be sold.

This investment better be good because BWPs wages are in the region of £200+K alone till June!

Are you saying that he is on £8k plus a week?

Yes he is

sorry to be picky but doesn't that make it 400k per year

You are quite correct it is. Obviously if he stays we are liable for another 6 months of his salary at approx £200k+ and as we are skint its a no brainer to me that that he will be gone in Jan.

May 22, 2006
oddball":1u44j5wx said:
BWP's roots are in South London whereas Noone's roots are in the North West...if anyone is going to Brighton it would be BWP...

Not withstanding Brighton it not in South London; BRFC19's input; Brighton's need for a left footed winger due to injury problems and PR's admission that Brighton have made an offer.

Feb 29, 2008
jimmygreen":3o07jtdb said:
Good time to sell as he's been scoring. Won't last probably.

That was being said before he scored the last 2, and the 10 before that.

Oct 24, 2010
charlee":f49zir7c said:
Mario":f49zir7c said:
150k apparently.

Your have a laugh? if the board seriously expects this offer were f*ked
We wont get much with only 6 months left on his contract. If the £150k is right and if he plays say 20 games this season for Brighton or whoever that works out to £7,500 per game, probably twice his wages

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Any fee gained for any player also has to be adjusted for the amount of cash that will be saved by not having to pay them anymore. So if, say, BWP was on £4k per week then we might save something like £100k over the next 6 months meaning that, in effect, a £150k transfer fee is actually worth £250k to Argyle. Selling a couple of the higher paid players at that kind of fee, together with using any spare money already in the kitty might just about pay off the current debt to HMRC but it's not going to also pay for the pitch and the staff salaries etc. and it's not going to pay off the ongoing tax or keep the club going to the end of the season. The ONLY significant asset that the club has is any equity locked up in the stadium (perhaps a couple of million £ after the mortgages are paid off?)

Feb 29, 2008
The Doctor":27i3kt4v said:
Any fee gained for any player also has to be adjusted for the amount of cash that will be saved by not having to pay them anymore. So if, say, BWP was on £4k per week then we might save something like £100k over the next 6 months meaning that, in effect, a £150k transfer fee is actually worth £250k to Argyle. Selling a couple of the higher paid players at that kind of fee, together with using any spare money already in the kitty might just about pay off the current debt to HMRC but it's not going to also pay for the pitch and the staff salaries etc. and it's not going to pay off the ongoing tax or keep the club going to the end of the season. The ONLY significant asset that the club has is any equity locked up in the stadium (perhaps a couple of million £ after the mortgages are paid off?)

Cost of another relegation, PRICELESS.

T

Tim Chown

I expect BWP and Noone to be off. With £780K to find, I don't see any alternative, sadly.

A

Arch Stanton

esmer":1wipth6j said:
charlee":1wipth6j said:
Mario":1wipth6j said:
150k apparently.

Your have a laugh? if the board seriously expects this offer were f*ked
We wont get much with only 6 months left on his contract. If the £150k is right and if he plays say 20 games this season for Brighton or whoever that works out to £7,500 per game, probably twice his wages

BWP is on £8K a week plus bonuses I heard that from the man himself.