B.W.P | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

B.W.P

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
brrrrap":3k2lursf said:
bwp will go for a big sum. hes in the form of his career! and his playing in a team that is not playing well as a team.

You should read the facts in this thread before posting something like that :)

He's out of contract in the summer and we're in the financial poo. Not a combo that will command a 'big fee', as you put it.

G

Green_blooded_pilgrim

I should imagine there are plenty of clubs that are after him. Surely we could auction him?

In this harsh business world he is a commodity of PAFC and as supply and demand puts it there is only one of him so should surely drive up his price?

Green_blooded_pilgrim":2wv4g51m said:
I should imagine there are plenty of clubs that are after him. Surely we could auction him?

In this harsh business world he is a commodity of PAFC and as supply and demand puts it there is only one of him so should surely drive up his price?

He's up.

2aaeccy.jpg

Feb 29, 2008
Let me sell him on flea bay, that way we wouldn't receive payment the buyer would muck us about for a couple of weeks then de-register, the window would slam shut and BWP would be stuck here 'til June :grin:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
The way that BWP is scoring goals at the moment...we could get to the play offs..after all Exeter are only one point outside the play offs...that would bring in much more in gate money than any transfer fee ever could .....should we be seen to be going for it....

G

Green Goblin

BWP is out of contract in the summer. He must sign a new deal. Otherwise he will leave for around £250.000 or maybe even less.

That's only my opinion (and hope to be wrong) but why should a club pay more when they know how desperate we need the money.

Aug 20, 2009
I would think our best hope is that several clubs start chasing BWP & drum up an auction situation, Otherwise 100k tops if there is a single bidder.

A

Anonymous

ffarquhar42":1hmiikdm said:
I would think our best hope is that several clubs start chasing BWP & drum up an auction situation, Otherwise 100k tops if there is a single bidder.

100k isn't any good to us though so why would we let him go that cheaply?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Des Barnes":hg7b7mut said:
ffarquhar42":hg7b7mut said:

Because we will get nothing in the summer and in the meantime will continue to pay him £8k a week or whatever he's on.

Jun 24, 2008
Yorkshire
monkeywrench":143q1jfj said:
Des Barnes":143q1jfj said:
ffarquhar42":143q1jfj said:

Because we will get nothing in the summer and in the meantime will continue to pay him £8k a week or whatever he's on.

he will either go for any money offered and I expect it to be jan 31st as clubs can afford to wait and see how desperate we get
Or has he has done before he will wait until the summer then snare himself a nice £250,000 signing on fee and wages of at least 5k a week

Just a gut feeling

Lets not pretend this board has any idea of maximumising there assets ?

A

Anonymous

monkeywrench":3ibf4vnu said:
Des Barnes":3ibf4vnu said:
ffarquhar42":3ibf4vnu said:

We need 750k by February, getting 100k for him makes everything else you have said pointless as we will be gone way before then if that is all we can get for the leagues top scorer.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Des Barnes":2u523967 said:
monkeywrench":2u523967 said:
Des Barnes":2u523967 said:
ffarquhar42":2u523967 said:

We need 750k by February, getting 100k for him makes everything else you have said pointless as we will be gone way before then if that is all we can get for the leagues top scorer.

I'm not saying I agree with letting him go for that sort of money. I just don't think we can expect that much more. £250K tops I would say given the length of his contract and our predicament.

Nov 9, 2008
After speaking to him last night, i feel he will defiantly be gone, however from what he said its the club that wants him gone hes more then happy to stay to the end of the season, he seemed genuine when saying it too.

G

Gareth Nicholson

TPG Extreme":34059k5j said:
After speaking to him last night, i feel he will defiantly be gone, however from what he said its the club that wants him gone hes more then happy to stay to the end of the season, he seemed genuine when saying it too.

I'm sure he is. A club that doesn't have to pay a fee for him would, I imagine, be in more of a position to pay a bigger signing on fee and greater salary.