Brief Synopsis (Blackpool) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis (Blackpool)

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Here’s a difficult question... would we miss Mayor much next season?

The obvious is there to see but shoulda player of his calibre, on his wages, at this level bit be ripping it to buys each and every week?

Again the obvious is he gets marked a lot and identified as a threat from the opposition but so do other very good players in a team but they still manage to influence a match more consistently.

Is he too good that others just aren’t on his wavelength?

He has fantastic patches and shows in glimpses just how good he is but I just feel he plods along at 60-70% most matches. Sticks at 65mph on the motorway for too long.

Jul 12, 2016
Tugboat":3iamwhxc said:

The obvious is there to see but shoulda player of his calibre, on his wages, at this level bit be ripping it to buys each and every week?

Again the obvious is he gets marked a lot and identified as a threat from the opposition but so do other very good players in a team but they still manage to influence a match more consistently.

He has fantastic patches and shows in glimpses just how good he is but I just feel he plods along at 60-70% most matches. Sticks at 65mph on the motorway for too long.
Spot on .

Aug 5, 2016
Tugboat":2gidq6cs said:

We will miss Mayor at the top of his game, as he often is, pulling the strings and wreaking havoc.

Clearly out of sorts today though and I mever know what Lowe is thinking playing him for 90 when he clearly isn't up for it. If he hasn't had a few aggressive dribbles by half time then that is a telltale sign he probably won't be offering much in the second half either.

ping g5

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 20, 2005
Just seen the highlights on sky... Christ, that was never a penalty.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Knibbsworth":7wf3qqhd said:
Tugboat":7wf3qqhd said:

We will miss Mayor at the top of his game, as he often is, pulling the strings and wreaking havoc.

Clearly out of sorts today though and I mever know what Lowe is thinking playing him for 90 when he clearly isn't up for it. If he hasn't had a few aggressive dribbles by half time then that is a telltale sign he probably won't be offering much in the second half either.

That's true, but sometimes the work he puts in chasing back and covering is extraordinary. I think he usually gives 100% unless he is carrying an injury, which obviously RL doesn't make public. Even today, he played some lovely first time passes as if he had been told to move it earlier rather than carry the ball. I thought we'd miss Lameiras and Carey more than we have (although I wish they were still here).

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":1l4hq948 said:
Tugboat":1l4hq948 said:

I think their game plan was to stop him getting the ball hence why we attacked more down the right.

D

Deleted member 9145

ping_g5":b3cpp7yo said:
Just seen the highlights on sky... Christ, that was never a penalty.

Nope not even near, the forward manufactured it 100% , should have been yellowed referees have to get wise to this stuff.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's exactly my point. The 'modern fan' says 'That's a penalty in this climate' etc BUT it's cheating. No way was that a pen and no way should our lad get the stick he's been getting for it. Referees are a thick as two short Mars Bars in the lower leagues.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":3q6olinm said:
That's exactly my point. The 'modern fan' says 'That's a penalty in this climate' etc BUT it's cheating. No way was that a pen and no way should our lad get the stick he's been getting for it. Referees are a thick as two short Mars Bars in the lower leagues.

It’s a tactical buy Ian. Players are well aware of it and tactically employed into the game by managers.

Call it modern day but it’s relevant and happening so either we get ‘savvy’ with the idea or keep falling for it.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":c2qflsvz said:

He should get stick because even if not a pen he was completely out of position and the wrong side of the striker hence giving the ref a decision to make.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Balham_Green":2zg5nogf said:
IJN":2zg5nogf said:

He should get stick because even if not a pen he was completely out of position and the wrong side of the striker hence giving the ref a decision to make.

Everyone has the right to an opinion, it is what makes PASOTI a true church.

So my opinion is ...
Lewis makes a better contribution to the playing staff at Argyle ... than ...
BG makes in his contributions to PASOTI.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
saxman":187l31rd said:
Knibbsworth":187l31rd said:
Tugboat":187l31rd said:

That's true, but sometimes the work he puts in chasing back and covering is extraordinary. I think he usually gives 100% unless he is carrying an injury, which obviously RL doesn't make public. Even today, he played some lovely first time passes as if he had been told to move it earlier rather than carry the ball. I thought we'd miss Lameiras and Carey more than we have (although I wish they were still here).

Apart from his perennial problem in scoring I thought Mayor had a decent enough game. The numerous runs with the ball he usually makes were missing today as he was generally passing rather than holding the ball. As usual he worked very hard off the ball too. Adam Lewis doesn't link up that well with Mayor, but I don't think anyone has in the same way as Callum McFazdean did.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
A cross is often as good as the attacker who responds to it. In this instance, for our second goal, Grant crossed it into a danger area and Edwards responded quickly and converted with an excellent volley/half volley.

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
saxman":26bihitl said:
DM has a good understanding with Conor (and George Cooper for that matter) but I think that Lewis is a much better crosser than Grant.

Lewis and Mayor linked up incredibly well in the first half of the Bristol match. I think Danny was definitely off his game today, looked like he was struggling to me. Having said that just having him on the pitch probably occupied a couple of defenders because of what he might do.