Brief Synopsis | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Brief Synopsis

Dec 3, 2005
The best thing for the team and manager is that NO SUPPORTERS have been at Home Park for a long time, can you imagine the reaction to these performances (if you can cal them that).

Please dont rely on loan players again!

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
So who is a really top level L1 player at LB ,LWB or MF in the current Argyle side....or indeed in any position in a strong L1 side....

Feb 4, 2020
I hate to say but little grounds for optimism for next season. Hope desperately and sincerely I am wrong.
No chance of Lowe & co giving up Simon's gravy train, which was somewhat nievely extended beyond belief mid season.
Just hope somehow.. He can radically transform..we are a mess..sad to say

Jul 28, 2020
Ryan Lowe has done extremely well at Argyle, and fulfilled his brief of getting us promoted out of league 2.....

But I think we are all coming to realise ( even perhaps Ryan himself) that Ryan has some lessons which he still needs to learn.....

Ryan could leave Argyle this summer as a success- and there are possibly several clubs that would be delighted to have a manager of Ryan’s calibrate to guide them out of league 2 next season...,

What some people are are now suspecting is that Argyle will be involved in a relegation struggle next season if Ryan stays ( even with many new players)......

Relegation back to league 2 next year would be a TOTAL disaster ( and to be quite honest, we were very lucky to get away with it this season)....

What we need is an experienced manager who would be likely to get us into the play- offs at least, could sort our appalling defence out, and put some discipline and spirit back into the side ......

Feb 4, 2020
Agreed..if Lowey's mates can somehow magically arrange a posting nearer his beloved 'Scouser Land'..this would be beat outcome for all concerned interests.

Apr 1, 2009
Railway sleeper":2mdwt7ml said:
Ryan Lowe has done extremely well at Argyle, and fulfilled his brief of getting us promoted out of league 2.....

But I think we are all coming to realise ( even perhaps Ryan himself) that Ryan has some lessons which he still needs to learn.....

Ryan could leave Argyle this summer as a success- and there are possibly several clubs that would be delighted to have a manager of Ryan’s calibrate to guide them out of league 2 next season...,

What some people are are now suspecting is that Argyle will be involved in a relegation struggle next season if Ryan stays ( even with many new players)......

relegation back to league 2 next year would be a TOTAL disaster ( and to be quite honest, we were very lucky to get away with it this season)....

What we need is an experienced manager who would be likely to get us into the play- offs at least, could sort our appalling defence out, and put some discipline and spirit back into the side ......

At this stage I'm not worried about the play-offs next year. What I want to see is some substance and solidity brought to the team with evidence that we are building a defensive unit. Every decent team is built with a strong defence initially, with the more exciting bits bolted on.

I'm not one of those who wants or expects success overnight, but I'm disappointed that, a year on from promotion, we have to once again start from scratch in terms of the defence. People love using the word "consolidation", but in truth we are as solid as a teabag and we won't go forward consistently with any sort of conviction, until there are defensive foundations in place.

Yes, there have been good moments this season, exciting days where we have beaten good teams, promising cameos from a number of players. However this doesn't work on a regular basis without the substance we need to see.

Jul 2, 2008
Cambridgeshire
I never cease to be astounded by the average fan on here. If you had offered me safety in league one with three/four games to go I would have absolutely taken it.

Of course, we would all have loved more and our early season form showed great promise, but teams that steam roll their way up through the leagues are rare (and often trickle their way back down the leagues just as quickly).

There is no doubt that we have hit a bad patch of form and that is disappointing but not entirely unexpected when you step up a level. What I like is that that manager is clearly hurting, searching for answers, learning from the experience and planning for next season.

Back him. Back the individuals at the club. Support your team. And be grateful that we are not Swindon or Northampton.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
Semper Viridis":2qq6890z said:
I never cease to be astounded by the average fan on here. If you had offered me safety in league one with three/four games to go I would have absolutely taken it.

Of course, we would all have loved more and our early season form showed great promise, but teams that steam roll their way up through the leagues are rare (and often trickle their way back down the leagues just as quickly).

There is no doubt that we have hit a bad patch of form and that is disappointing but not entirely unexpected when you step up a level. What I like is that that manager is clearly hurting, searching for answers, learning from the experience and planning for next season.

Back him. Back the individuals at the club. Support your team. And be grateful that we are not Swindon or Northampton.

It's this thought process which has led to 100 years of mediocrity!

Jul 12, 2016
Semper Viridis":ws05970u said:

The manager is clearly hurting and so he should be. He told us a few games ago that he would not allow the players to give up but see what has happened. Lowe is clueless and I doubt very much that he has what it takes to lead us forward. We are very fortunate to have escaped relegation this year as our form for the last third of the season has been abysmal with no sign of improvement. The fans deserve better.

Jul 12, 2016
Andy Maidenhead":360s1zrg said:
Agreed..if Lowey's mates can somehow magically arrange a posting nearer his beloved 'Scouser Land'..this would be beat outcome for all concerned interests.
I agree

May 11, 2019
Beyton_Green":2dqzl95y said:
Semper Viridis":2dqzl95y said:

It’s not the thought process of supports that causes mediocrity, it the lack of cash, occasionally we will put together a side that can compete with the bigger budgets, but the sides with the biggest budgets will succeed more often than not, we’re lucky to have Simon Hallett and some supporters are going to have to continue to have patience, flipping the manager every time things don’t go our way won’t speed up the route to success and will probably slow any success coming out way.

Jul 6, 2011
oldage":2ta9f8qe said:
Semper Viridis":2ta9f8qe said:

The manager is clearly hurting and so he should be. He told us a few games ago that he would not allow the players to give up but see what has happened. Lowe is clueless and I doubt very much that he has what it takes to lead us forward. We are very fortunate to have escaped relegation this year as our form for the last third of the season has been abysmal with no sign of improvement. The fans deserve better.

:greensmile: you must be in paradise, lots of material to get miserable about. God bless you; you keep me amused on a boring and disappointing day, thanks :thumbup:

C

Cult Of Personality

We in trouble and need a serious sort out . This type of form could bleed into next season. The rot has to be stopped

Jul 2, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Beyton_Green":lluturlh said:
Semper Viridis":lluturlh said:

Only it’s not, is it? We’d all like to be in the Premier League next season and hosting World Cup fixtures, wouldn’t we? But simply wanting this doesn’t make it happen as Gardner, Stapleton et al. found out many years ago and it nearly cost us the entire football club.

Realistically, we should embrace a long term view of progress and if you have listened to any of Hallett’s excellent podcast interviews you would know that this is absolutely his view too.

The root of so many troubled football clubs at the moment is short-term thinking. I don’t doubt that sometimes this mentality can bring success but without a long term strategy it doesn’t last long.

I’ll take year on year progress on and off the field, and there is no doubt that 18th in league one is better than 3rd in league two. I am just as frustrated as anyone by 10-12 games of poor performance but in the grand scheme of things I will take it, recognise the progress made and back the team.

Feb 16, 2011
Great post SV, but some seem to think the Magic Fairy is going to bring a bucket of money and all our problems will disappear.
Tried that one before and look how that worked out.