Dan Scarr joins Argyle (two-year deal) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Dan Scarr joins Argyle (two-year deal)

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
oldage":v0i7adcf said:
Devongreenowl":v0i7adcf said:
oldage":v0i7adcf said:
plymouth1970":v0i7adcf said:
This post just about summarises and highlights all that is wrong with Pasoti . People with supposedly superior football knowledge and in the know ….blah blah blah . Give the lad sa chance ffs. If he turns out to be sh1te then criticism might be appropriate. If he proves to be a good player then praise accordingly. TBH I’ve never known such a self opinionated bunch on any footie website .

How’s that for an opinion?
We are all entitled to an opinion which may well change as the season progresses.It gives us something to discuss during the close season.You are not forced to read any posts.

Yeah, Plymouth1970. You’re not forced to read any posts. You could always flounce off like……Oldage.

Jesus, imagine being on the coach with him.
Trolling again. All you're fit for.

If ever a post was the pot calling the kettle black, this is it.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
oldage":apmlfsve said:
Devongreenowl":apmlfsve said:
oldage":apmlfsve said:
plymouth1970":apmlfsve said:
This post just about summarises and highlights all that is wrong with Pasoti . People with supposedly superior football knowledge and in the know ….blah blah blah . Give the lad sa chance ffs. If he turns out to be sh1te then criticism might be appropriate. If he proves to be a good player then praise accordingly. TBH I’ve never known such a self opinionated bunch on any footie website .

We are all entitled to an opinion which may well change as the season progresses.It gives us something to discuss during the close season.You are not forced to read any posts.

Yeah, Plymouth1970. You’re not forced to read any posts. You could always flounce off like……Oldage.

You’re not forced to read any posts Oldage. Try and have a day off from all the negativity. It’s truly monotonous. You’ll feel a lot better if you do.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Jakepafc":2co03fpz said:
Let’s face it, any professional footballer can pass a ball 15-20 yards a centre half he doesn’t need to be frank lampard
Don't know how long you have been watching Argyle, not that long by the look of it, but I can think of a lot of players over the years who struggled to find a green shirt within 20 yards.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
PlymOdi":1iufx8p6 said:
oldage":1iufx8p6 said:
Devongreenowl":1iufx8p6 said:
oldage":1iufx8p6 said:
plymouth1970":1iufx8p6 said:

If ever a post was the pot calling the kettle black, this is it.

Honestly you two, I don't know why you ever got married.
Dull reading for the rest of us.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
oldage":3sg4x8v7 said:
So the data analysis has thrown up Scarr as the best available centre back? I hope to be proved wrong but a player from a struggling division two side is hardly inspiring.If he's the standard we are looking at to strengthen our team god help us!
I really really thought by now that people would realise this... it's not about where you sign players from, it's about how they fit into our team.

We signed Sonny Bradley from a "struggling League 2 side". We signed Nadir Ciftci from Celtic. Enough said.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
I will certainly wait until I have seen him play a few times before I give an opinion. As some have rightly said, remember Bradley, that said I watched every single game that Opoku Watts Woods and Aimson played last season and to say they were underwhelming is being generous and I would wager I’m not in the minority so I wouldn’t dismiss Walsall fans opinions so lightly. Maybe Lowe is having a defensive reset and going blood and snot at the back and looking to play a high pressing game?

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Cobi Budge":197jmyxx said:
I remember another big, commanding CB who arrived with poor-average reviews, his name was Sonny Bradley.
Exactly - but let's also remember he didn't get off to a great start and took a while to settle.... there were a few on here who wrote him off early on (must admit to having my doubts on first viewing :whistle: ) - defenders in particular I think need time to adjust to a new team.

Jun 27, 2019
The Sonny Bradley comparison is in danger of becoming as hackneyed as the Alex Ferguson line people roll out whenever a new manager is struggling. "Imagine if United had sacked him before that Forest FA Cup game" goes the usual refrain.

Fergie was a one off, and Dan Scarr is not Sonny Bradley, he's Dan Scarr.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
James, Dan who will be the next big unit coming in- after last seasons defensive horror show & the rather eye watering amount of goals we conceded i am hoping our new improved defence will be tighter than a ducks ******

As a previous poster stated a totally new defensive unit along with Coops needs time to gell & i for one will be looking forward to seeing how it plays out- whats to say we will be pleasantly surprised

Dan Ellard":19qw6obl said:
oldage":19qw6obl said:
So the data analysis has thrown up Scarr as the best available centre back? I hope to be proved wrong but a player from a struggling division two side is hardly inspiring.If he's the standard we are looking at to strengthen our team god help us!
I really really thought by now that people would realise this... it's not about where you sign players from, it's about how they fit into our team.

We signed Sonny Bradley from a "struggling League 2 side". We signed Nadir Ciftci from Celtic. Enough said.

Dead right. A struggling efl side where every individual player was uniquely poor defies common sense. We were a struggling side last season with several players regularly making the team of the week slot. Our problem was balance, and that probably applies to most teams. I can also see situations, e.g winning 1-0 away with ten minutes to go, when the last thing you need at this level is a cultured back row with great passing ability, whilst the opposition is mounting an all out last ten minute aerial attack.

I also like the reported grittiness of these new signings. Sometimes character outweighs skill when you’re fighting for a result. Nicky Marker once told me that his success in Blackburn Rovers championship season wasn’t because of his ball skills, but his all out doggedness, determination and concentration, three things we missed in the back row last season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Scarr will adapt and improve under the coaching of Lowe, Schumacher and Nancekivell and will fit into the back three formation.

We've seen how Jephcott and Grant have improved under Lowe and previously Sarcevic.

Sep 2, 2008
Just offering up another view from an Oxford fan mate of mine who actually noticed we had signed Scarr and wanted to share the following....with a 'lol'; 'Dan Scarr! Watched him play and not sure he's league one standard mate'.

My mate has played at a decent level so does have an idea. Guess time will tell. (just gotta trust data analytics I guess :facepalm: )

Sep 2, 2008
PL2 3DQ":ehp8fz8f said:
Scarr will adapt and improve under the coaching of Lowe, Schumacher and Nancekivell and will fit into the back three formation.

We've seen how Jephcott and Grant have improved under Lowe and previously Sarcevic.

Really does depend on the individual. Could be argued that our defence didn't really improve last season and they were being coached by Lowe et al.

Jun 27, 2013
I'm glad we're getting more experienced, commanding, defenders but I worry we might end up reverting to the issue we've had in recent seasons of having no pace at the back. I might be wrong so will reserve judgement until after the transfer window closes but his comments certainly suggest that's the way he's going to go.