Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 69 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters
J

JamieY

HC Green":15klhcnd said:
JamieY":15klhcnd said:
katkin":15klhcnd said:
I wonder if they will be planning this as clearly the picking up of the first 2000 showed no planning!

:sigh:

So having people queue in bitterly cold weather for in excess of 60 minutes was planned?

Of course we would have wanted more staff available.

Of course we would have liked all windows open.

Of course we’d have liked more notice on the return of fans.

Simply doing the best with what we have in front of us with the resources available to us.

Sometimes (more than ever at the moment) you have to queue. Sorry about the cold. :greensmile:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Daz":3orv2884 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3orv2884 said:
The same can also be said for the first 1,808 season tickets sold though. They were also told that there was no guarantee that they would see all, if not any match.

What are you going on about? The doctor has clearly explained the position of the club better than I have seen most other attempts. They are doing everything as they said they would.

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. If Argyle change their arrangements now, they won't be in breech of contract to those 1,808 supporters. Those 1,808 supporters also bought their season tickets on the understanding that there was no guarantee they would see every League match and as others have said already, the FCFS factor can be interpreted as already satisfied in that they have been served first, enabling them to see the Ipswich game.

Lundan Cabbie":n87gi4wu said:
I saw his defence on TV and he made a claim that with three games in a week it meant that it would be difficult for Argyle to alter the stadium configuration in such a short period of time. A strange comment as only one of those games was going to have spectators present and looking at the fixture list, the same situation looks likely to be quite rare.

I didn't see that piece so am speaking from a position of more ignorance than usual, but could he have been referring to workload on the club in general, not just to the ticketing side? Even for a behind closed doors game, I imagine there's a helluva lot of work for a lot of people to do?

I have a lot of sympathy for those unable to renew online early doors on the 27th July for technical reasons to do with their account. I had similar way back when all those years ago for the Liverpool away game (new ground with Argyle so a must do). Some longstanding configuration issue I'd not previously noticed (as I'd bought away tickets either at the ticket office, in the general sale periods, or on the day). Eventually I got one by phone in the general melee albeit it was a lower tier letterbox view. I wrote a great longwinded letter to the then CEO explaining the problem and suggesting further investigations and potential solutions to issues that seemed generic rather than just all about me, but I never got a reply. Ultimately I had my account permissions and ST properly linked up after a couple of phone calls, and again suggested they look out for similar cases from a database scan, maybe some of those are still lingering.

Feb 23, 2008
Lundan Cabbie":hyna2hzj said:
Daz":hyna2hzj said:
Lundan Cabbie":hyna2hzj said:
The same can also be said for the first 1,808 season tickets sold though. They were also told that there was no guarantee that they would see all, if not any match.

What are you going on about? The doctor has clearly explained the position of the club better than I have seen most other attempts. They are doing everything as they said they would.

Maybe I didn't phrase it correctly. If Argyle change their arrangements now, they won't be in breech of contract to those 1,808 supporters. Those 1,808 supporters also bought their season tickets on the understanding that there was no guarantee they would see every League match and as others have said already, the FCFS factor can be interpreted as already satisfied in that they have been served first, enabling them to see the Ipswich game.

Of course they will be in breach, because the first 1808, 2000, whatever are the people who stumped up straight away and supported the club when they needed it most, no questions asked.

They did that on the assumption that if they were lucky enough to be in the first 2000, they would see every game.

I can't find the particular statement as I've not had time, whether it was in a chairman's chat on Facebook or a club statement on the website, but either Parkinson or Hallett were very clear on the fact that people were buying season tickets knowing they may not get in the ground.

Bearing in mind the club then made a second wave of season tickets available before refunds had been finalised, and before the lockdown rules changed again, people were buying season tickets in mid November knowing they may not be back in until March.

I've been saying the same thing for weeks now, people knew the deal then and they know it now, it's more a case of the haves and have nots, people are miffed because some are getting in and they aren't and the goodwill running out is now turning into various interpretations and threats.

Argyle didn't do it right in the first place, but what they have done is provided two opportunities for people not happy with how it is.....don't buy in the first place or get a refund when it was offered.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
What will be interesting will be when Argyle draw a home fourth round tie in the FA Cup against Tottenham (replace to suit) and only 4,000 season ticket holders can have tickets. What is going to be the priority order for that one?

May 16, 2016
I recall the ÂŁ17 ST ifollow discussions where apparently, ST holders knew what they were buying into at the time. No guarantee of getting into games wasn't an issue then.

Now there's a whiff of attending, it's all about the haves and have nots.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Ponty":k1nau1cw said:
Daz":k1nau1cw said:
It was first come first served for a season ticket (all games), not one game.

Where's it state that mate?

They weren’t selling individual games Steve, just season tickets.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
You’ve lost me mate.

The club were selling season tickets on the understanding that when games resumed it would be the first who bought them would be the first people allowed back in.

As it’s a season ticket, it’s not just for one game it’s for all the games.

Jul 14, 2008
Daz":2z5v54p4 said:
You’ve lost me mate.

The club were selling season tickets on the understanding that when games resumed it would be the first who bought them would be the first people allowed back in.

Absolutely and anyone who is saying it was only for the first possible game is trying to sell miss-truths that Donald Trump would be proud of. It was absolutely clear what the situation was when season tickets went on sale and I haven’t read anyone provide a different view up until about 3 weeks ago when the Government imposed limit was announced.

Feb 23, 2008
Herts_Green":1jvgto4d said:
Daz":1jvgto4d said:
You’ve lost me mate.

Absolutely and anyone who is saying it was only for the first possible game is trying to sell miss-truths that Donald Trump would be proud of. It was absolutely clear what the situation was when season tickets went on sale and I haven’t read anyone provide a different view up until about 3 weeks ago when the Government imposed limit was announced.

Perhaps the only unfortunate aspect being the figures at the time being estimated in the articles when people were to be let back in were more like 5,000.

Jul 14, 2008
chunkymonkey78":2x794wih said:
Herts_Green":2x794wih said:
Daz":2x794wih said:
You’ve lost me mate.

Perhaps the only unfortunate aspect being the figures at the time being estimated in the articles when people were to be let back in were more like 5,000.
Yes perhaps in hindsight Argyle would have gone down a different route than first come first served but i don’t think over the summer anyone could have foreseen crowds being limited to 2,000 when fans were allowed back. I think you’re right that at that time all the indicators were that it would be around 25-33% of capacity. But the fact that Argyle very clearly sold season tickets on a first come first served policy means that it’s important they stick to that.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
They do seem to have tied themselves in a knot with that statement on their website. Mind you, if they changed it to a rota, I doubt many 'supporters' would take their club to court. So even if a few did, it would be the small claims court in which settlement of the dispute is encouraged first, in which case the club would offer disgruntled punters a refund. Would many of them take that, against the availability of seeing matches on a rota basis?

The club are allowed to change their policy and would just have to weigh up which policy leaves most supporters upset and disadvantaged. It seems to me that the majority of supporters who were fortunate enough to be in the first 1800 actually think it’s morally right to have a rota system anyway.

The way they have handled this makes Argyle look like a tin pot outfit. I’m sure Simon Hallett has had words with whoever signed off on this. They must be hoping it all goes away soon with an increase in permitted attendances.