Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons) | Page 71 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans at Home Park (2,000 fans allowed in v MK Dons)

A rota system to allow all ST holders to see games?

• Yes, that's fair

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • No, 1st come, 1st served I want to see all games

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 8 6.3%

• Total voters

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
I note that the poll had a response of under 600. I don't think anyone on here therefore can claim to speak for the majority of any viewpoint.

Jul 6, 2005
metroace":12r5sh21 said:
I note that the poll had a response of under 600. I don't think anyone on here therefore can claim to speak for the majority of any viewpoint.
I don't think anyone is claiming to speak for the majority.

But as is the case when the likes of Ipsos MORI undertake polling for market research or to the forecast the likely outcome of elections, they are looking for an indication of what the majority are thinking.

However, in any poll involving hundreds of respondents, 70% could be taken as a clear indication of feeling.

Feb 17, 2012
The Muff
I think the more prudent poll would specifically be for the first 2,000 ST holders to see if they would 'feel it unfair', if it was done on a rota basis'?

I would guess that it would be a lot less than a poll of the ST holders which didnt make the cut to see if they find the present situation 'unfair'.

Ultimately, the whole COVID situation, regulations and restrictions are changing constantly and I think that the Club need to take a more fluid approach in adopting to these in this specific situation.

COYG :scarf:

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":120hiq9j said:
justanotherfan":120hiq9j said:
PL2 3DQ":120hiq9j said:
While the Pasoti poll on this thread is not scientific it does have 598 (and counting) of votes which is 12% of the reported 5,000 season ticket holders. 70% of those who voted would like a rotation system.

The club have gone very quiet on this issue despite it being a hot topic amongst fans.

There's also no update on the test event against Ipswich, which if it was successful another 192 fans would be allowed into Home Park.

How many of those that have voted are actual season ticket holders and how many of those are in the first 2000. The figures show that roughly 420 out of approximately 5000 have voted for a rotation system. I have no axe to grind on this subject and will go with whatever system the club maintain or adopt.

You missed the 'is not scientific' bit.

Oh no I didnt lol :twisted:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":47he9gj5 said:
Well obviously I don’t mean Argyle ARE a tin pot outfit, but this episode makes them look like one. At a time when they need the good will of their most loyal supporters, all the brains and business acumen within the club couldn’t foresee the potential divisive outcome of this stupid policy. I would be interested to know how many of the other clubs in the Premier League or EFL have been unwise enough to operate a similar scheme. Not many if any I would imagine. That’s why it makes Argyle look tin pot. The longer they let it drag on without addressing it in some way, the more tin pot they look.

I could respond with what’s going on at my own club but Palace posts are not welcome on here. I will say this though, I’m quite happy with the arrangements that are being adopted BUT just like here, opinions are split and some are angry. It just shows that clubs have difficult choices to make.

Feb 23, 2008
Seeing as there seems to be such a strong response in the poll favouring a rota system maybe there should be one asking whether people would take a refund this time around, should the club stick to their original plans?

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
chunkymonkey78":3oeqy4lr said:
Seeing as there seems to be such a strong response in the poll favouring a rota system maybe there should be one asking whether people would take a refund this time around, should the club stick to their original plans?

I can certainly confirm that I will take a refund this time if they don’t sort something out by the end of the year.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
PL2 3DQ":3htpe82m said:
The club have gone very quiet on this issue despite it being a hot topic amongst fans.

The club are quiet because they have already confirmed their stance and won't be changing it

You don't need a scientific bit for that to be clear

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Can't see there being any further comment from the club before the tier review on the 16th. We could be allowed 0, 1808, 2000, 3616 or 4000 at the next home game. This is an ever changing situation that must be a nightmare logistically

May 8, 2011
Kevin_Gollop":3holwtrf said:
Can't see there being any further comment from the club before the tier review on the 16th. We could be allowed 0, 1808, 2000, 3616 or 4000 at the next home game. This is an ever changing situation that must be a nightmare logistically

Wouldn’t it have been quite forward if all things went well at the test event to announce that the capacity can be increased to 2,000 under the current tier and to 3,616 once Plymouth is moved to tier 1.
Torquay announced that their capacity could increase on Tuesday.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
HC Green":3srgmdwh said:
Kevin_Gollop":3srgmdwh said:

Wouldn’t it have been quite forward if all things went well at the test event to announce that the capacity can be increased to 2,000 under the current tier and to 3,616 once Plymouth is moved to tier 1.
Torquay announced that their capacity could increase on Tuesday.

Perhaps the club hasn't had the outcome of the test event communicated to them yet.
Perhaps an increase to 2000 is dependent on some further action being taken.
Perhaps the club is very sensibly holding fire on saying anything until it hears what tier Plymouth will be in for the next game (i.e. why say something now and then perhaps have to say something different in a week's time?).

As soon as the club says anything people will be clamoring for action... e.g. am I in the next 192? Then imagine being told you ARE in the next 192 only for Plymouth to move into Tier 3 (unlikely I think but possible). Or imagine the work for the club to set up places/tickets for the next 192 and then have to go through the exact same process a few days later for the next 1616 (or 2000). Sometimes it's just better to hold fire with announcements and allow things to pan out a little more.

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Torquay announced that their capacity could increase on Tuesday - to 1,728.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Emails are going out to the next batch of fans allowed in.
The test event was a success and another 192 fans are allowed in for the MK Dons game onwards.

Dec 8, 2020
I’ve just received an email to say I qualify for one of the 192 extra tickets made available for the MK Dons match. My season ticket was purchased at 12.16pm on the first day of sales.