Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused) | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Football crowds coming back? (October. Update - paused)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Trinity Green":r02717wj said:
Could last for up to 6 months.

They will have to get fans in before then or there will be hardly any Clubs left to go and watch!

I guess that we'll all need a sport that Boris cares about.

Grouse shooting anyone? :think:

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
He said people should be prepared for the restrictions to last six months.

I wouldn't necessarily say this means that the pause to fan attendance will also be six months (at least a flipping hope not), with people making a link that isn't necessarily there.

That said, clubs will be bricking it now, expect wages to go unpaid at a number of clubs in October.

Boris did also mention Rishi and the DCMS will be looking at options to assist clubs. They need to do this quick. Expect something similar to the arts bail out/

Mar 14, 2009
I’m surprised, that people are surprised.

This was on the cards months ago. You had to be pretty ignorant that a second wave wouldn’t impact football in this way.

Now we will see which football clubs took the stupid gambles and spent money on wages for players they shouldn’t have. Of course they will be expecting a huge bail out from the government and the Premier league. Well you can forget the big clubs giving us their money. You think people like the Glazier’s care about English football. They don’t even care about Man Utd.

Look at our society. When something like this impacts us what is the first thing we do. Think of ourselves. I’m not saying that’s the everyone, but this is why panic buying cleared our shelves. When the lockdown is eased, what do we do? We forget social distancing measures.

It’s just the way we become unfortunately as a society. You may say that’s not me. However, there must be enough of society that behaves in this manner to cause the virus to impact the rate of growth it has.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Quinny":vlkfjh3q said:
Boris has confirmed that plans to ease restrictions on sporting events has been put on hold, and this will remain in place for at least 6 months.
If that's the case all pubs should be closed.

Mar 14, 2009
I just read the following BBC article from Tranmere vice Chairwoman. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54248379

Basically, as l suspected the introduction of football fans was because they saw it as a fast track to having full crowds back. Did they really think they was a chance of a packed Prenton Park by Christmas? It worries me these people couldn’t understand the chances were very unlikely.

"The full return of fans is the key thing as playing in front of 1,000 or 3,000 fans is actually more costly for the clubs than playing behind closed doors, certainly for those clubs who have sold season tickets for the current season."

I just don’t get the lack of common sense. I understand the need for hope it could happen, We all hoped to be back into HP by Christmas, but realistically we were going to be impacted in the way this current scenario has worked out.

Dec 29, 2011
Couldn't agree more about pubs being closed full stop .But that wouldn't fit in With Boris's plans for the economy .Football is of no concern to him 'as he doesn't see that as a major cash cow for the government

Sep 6, 2006
Mike Greening":1pom5y3h said:
Quinny":1pom5y3h said:
Boris has confirmed that plans to ease restrictions on sporting events has been put on hold, and this will remain in place for at least 6 months.

Firstly its a misquote. Regulations COULD remain in place for 6 months. And it doesn't say ALL regulations.
Re pubs I guess they dont usually involve folk travelling from the other side of town/county to get there.
It does raise the question of the season ticket holders though. I assume they believed they would be in from October.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Balham_Green":19j4o5t3 said:
Mike Greening":19j4o5t3 said:
Quinny":19j4o5t3 said:

Firstly its a misquote. Regulations COULD remain in place for 6 months. And it doesn't say ALL regulations.
Re pubs I guess they dont usually involve folk travelling from the other side of town/county to get there.
It does raise the question of the season ticket holders though. I assume they believed they would be in from October.
Nope, I was always hopeful for the turn of the year. It was always the case that we could be watching iFollow for a big part of the season.

I think only Devongreenowl was confident of October. :)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Same for me. I invested to help the club but always thought it would be 2021 before we came back to HP (I said it enough).

Saying that looking at the numbers daily, which I did and still do, I was killed into thinking maybe September when the case numbers were so low, with the death figures even lower.

For me, they have to cut back on ALL inside stuff and release restrictions on all outside activities to save the Country’s mental health for the long dark winter ahead.

It’s silly not to allow people back in with SD and face masks.

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":3q6s9q0y said:
Same for me. I invested to help the club but always thought it would be 2021 before we came back to HP (I said it enough).

Saying that looking at the numbers daily, which I did and still do, I was killed into thinking maybe September when the case numbers were so low, with the death figures even lower.

For me, they have to cut back on ALL inside stuff and release restrictions on all outside activities to save the Country’s mental health for the long dark winter ahead.

It’s silly not to allow people back in with SD and face masks.

On sky sports news at 6pm they had a reporter who explained the governments postion.

It’s nothing to do with inside the ground. Everything that can be done, has been done for months. It’s as safe as can be.

The problem he said the government is worried what goes on outside the ground. The meeting up of fans for a drink or bite to eat. The use of public transport.

So as the virus is now rising as quickly as it is, football won’t be opening up it’s doors anytime soon simply because they are worried about the impact of mass gatherings outside the ground.

We think football has it bad, but any sports that are indoors with more than 6 people can’t even take place now.