Home Park Redevelopment | Page 58 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Redevelopment

• Thread starter Frazer Lloyd-Davies
  • Start date
Dec 3, 2005
I must say, the LifeCentre is on the same level as the Civic Centre for beauty, not sure how much the Architects are paid.
But I am positive I could do a better job and cheaper.

Nov 8, 2010
Think we're all aware that the Ice Rink is a necessity, Lundan Cabbie. What I don't get is why does it have to be built in such a way that limits the size of the grandstand so much? And why should it take priority? Surely there is a way of cramming in ice rink, hotel, Nandos, and still having room for a decent-sized stand?

If, when the land deal went ahead, the caveat was added "other developments will take priority over the design of the stand" I doubt the fans would have been so supportive. I think we all assumed we would get what we want, whilst Brent also got what he wants. Both parties ending up winners, all of us being aware that JB was no philanthropist but at the same time thinking it was a mutually beneficial relationship. This isn't how it has turned out, which makes some of the sycophancy towards JB on here so confusing. With these designs he has broken his implied word - both parties aren't getting what they wanted from the deal, as we aren't getting an adequate grandstand at the moment.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Manchester Green":2sfqka4g said:
Think we're all aware that the Ice Rink is a necessity, Lundan Cabbie. What I don't get is why does it have to be built in such a way that limits the size of the grandstand so much? And why should it take priority? Surely there is a way of cramming in ice rink, hotel, Nandos, and still having room for a decent-sized stand?

If, when the land deal went ahead, the caveat was added "other developments will take priority over the design of the stand" I doubt the fans would have been so supportive. I think we all assumed we would get what we want, whilst Brent also got what he wants. Both parties ending up winners, all of us being aware that JB was no philanthropist but at the same time thinking it was a mutually beneficial relationship. This isn't how it has turned out, which makes some of the sycophancy towards JB on here so confusing. With these designs he has broken his implied word - both parties aren't getting what they wanted from the deal, as we aren't getting an adequate grandstand at the moment.

Adequate for what?

Nov 8, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":ogcvzcjb said:
Manchester Green":ogcvzcjb said:

Adequate for what?

Adequate for when we return to the Championship. I'm not deluded, it might take years, but it will happen, as hopping between div2 and div3 is our historic level. The new capacity would've been insufficient for our 2004-2005 season in the championship, and as another poster pointed out would have cost us several hundred thousand in lost revenue that season. Hell, even when this club was last competing at the top of the third division in 03-04 it would have been insufficient for several matches. I don't ascribe to this "sleeping giant" bullpoo, but clearly this is a club capable of getting into the 20k figures with a bit of prolonged success. It has before and can again. Surely you can see that?

Jul 25, 2011
Manchester Green":251xwp30 said:
Lundan Cabbie":251xwp30 said:
Manchester Green":251xwp30 said:

Adequate for what?

Adequate for when we return to the Championship. I'm not deluded, it might take years, but it will happen, as hopping between div2 and div3 is our historic level. The new capacity would've been insufficient for our 2004-2005 season in the championship, and as another poster pointed out would have cost us several hundred thousand in lost revenue that season. Hell, even when this club was last competing at the top of the third division in 03-04 it would have been insufficient for several matches. I don't ascribe to this "sleeping giant" bullpoo, but clearly this is a club capable of getting into the 20k figures with a bit of prolonged success. It has before and can again. Surely you can see that?
It's been explained to him more than once now. Just trolling without a point to make.

Jul 25, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":3fmzicif said:
Manchester Green":3fmzicif said:

Adequate for what?
Adequate for hosting the tour de bloody France :think:
What do you think for.

C

Charlie Wood

up_the_line":bo60vw04 said:
Can I just get some clarity on one thing I keep reading and that I'm struggling to comprehend;

'The stand cannot be built higher than the life centre'

Is this true?
If so W T F?
WHY? Will the Life Centre spontaneously combust if the stand exceeds its height? Will all the water drain out of Tom Daley's paddling pool?
Can someone seriously tell me that quite apart from the Ice-rink (God how I've always wanted to go to an Ice Rink, can't think why I haven't done so yet in the 28 years I've been alive) the colossal two-fingers up at architecture that the Life Centre is is also a barrier to the development of the Grandstand!?
What authority is it that is setting this supposed ceiling on the height of the new stand? Did everyone know this when the Life Centre was in it's own planning stage?
How can a City blessed with a public canvas as big as Central Park make such an absolute pig's ear of developing it?!

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

As this had seemed to have become a fact, it was the first question I asked Mark Jones at the TR presentation. Now I'll qualify my comments by saying hardly any of the answers he gave me filled me with confidence that they were actually correct, as, although his title is Head of Regeneration at Akkeron, he hardly seemed to be sure about very much. As it was an early stage consultation maybe that's to be expected, as few things are set in stone.

As to the height of the stand he told me "as far as he knew" there was no reason for keeping the height the same as the other buildings other than 1). The aesthetics of being the same as the surrounding buildings and 2). The physics (?) of the height related to the footprint width.

I'm unfortuately working all day today, so I hope someone will try to seek clarification at todays meeting. To my mind it would be significant if the football ground became hidden behind the leisure park when approaching from the south across the park after decades of dominating that aspect. Were it to rise above the rest, at least PAFC could be displayed to the city.

Jan 29, 2006
Canterbury
with-menace":ti5wo9pv said:
Manchester Green":ti5wo9pv said:
Lundan Cabbie":ti5wo9pv said:
Adequate for what?

It's been explained to him more than once now. Just trolling without a point to make.

Standard for LC really, though was expecting the smugness to perhaps lift today of all days - Palace took one hell of a beating last night, looks like they're bottling the auto spot :funny:
17k at home when at the top of the Championship, they really ought to downsize Selhurst :roll:

Jul 25, 2011
graiser":2rnctgzy said:
Bermudian Green":2rnctgzy said:
What I've established after ploughing through 61 pages of posts is that with_menace is a really angry bloke.

:greensmile:

More inadequate than angry I think
Who the hell are you ?
Yes I'm angry, Infact I'm ****ing furious that we're expected to swallow this turd and say yum yum thank you mr Brent sir but sick to my stomach that we have so many sycophantic yes men who dare call themselves argyle fans while only too willing to bend over and except this unacceptable wooden spoon of a stand. I can imagine your too busy swapping scarves and wishing Exeter all the best to give a toss though. Yes you do all your yip on the Internet don't you. Now back to your dungeons and dragons :funny:

Jul 25, 2011
Bermudian Green":k0avmkxi said:
What I've established after ploughing through 61 pages of posts is that with_menace is a really angry bloke.

Great, join the list of obsessive stalkers who while apparently not liking my views have a bizarre need to read every single one. Pm for a signed photo. Sure it'll look great on your mantle piece next to your Fred west picky or whatever else it is you obsess over

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
with-menace":3rg5h6gt said:
graiser":3rg5h6gt said:
Bermudian Green":3rg5h6gt said:

More inadequate than angry I think
Who the hell are you ?
Yes I'm angry, Infact I'm ****ing furious that we're expected to swallow this turd and say yum yum thank you mr Brent sir but sick to my stomach that we have so many sycophantic yes men who dare call themselves argyle fans while only too willing to bend over and except this unacceptable wooden spoon of a stand. I can imagine your too busy swapping scarves and wishing Exeter all the best to give a toss though. Yes you do all your yip on the Internet don't you. Now back to your dungeons and dragons :funny:

I guess that post removes all doubt! :greensmile:

Jul 25, 2011
More inadequate than angry I think[/quote]
Who the hell are you ?
Yes I'm angry, Infact I'm ****ing furious that we're expected to swallow this turd and say yum yum thank you mr Brent sir but sick to my stomach that we have so many sycophantic yes men who dare call themselves argyle fans while only too willing to bend over and except this unacceptable wooden spoon of a stand. I can imagine your too busy swapping scarves and wishing Exeter all the best to give a toss though. Yes you do all your yip on the Internet don't you. Now back to your dungeons and dragons :funny:[/quote]

I guess that post removes all doubt! :greensmile:[/quote]

Ooh and here's my biggest weirdo stalker of all, did you all have a little bitch together at the sewing circle? Speaking for him now? Aww so sweet, have a little celebration kiss :clap:
Oh hang on is this one your famous multiple accounts dud? mmmm?