Jamie Mackie | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamie Mackie

Mar 16, 2009
London
king tynan":2c5ig2f0 said:
Morrissey1986":2c5ig2f0 said:
Not heard much on BWP what was the rumour? As for Chris Barker sorry I never released he was so good for you.
well i have had the displeasure of meeting the geezer up the gym i am a member of, ironically he was with jamie mackie, i said to both of them after a rare victory " that was a great win gentlemen" and jamie replied with all the correct statements " that gives us a chance of staying up, our home form has let us down " etc etc. bradley wrong phillips just stared at myself and brother with disdain with a look in his arrogant eye saying " how dare you paupers talk to us". he was a serial sicknote at southampton and he is the same here. that's all i have heard morrissey :)

Grow up.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I think the Mackie deal was a good deal for both sides.

We got good money for him and god rid of a player who was almost holding us back with his style of play. He wasn't happy towards the end; he wanted his move.

Mackie is getting goals given to him on a plate there with the amount of quality they have in the squad and that is good for them and Jamie.

Mar 16, 2009
London
GreenSam":1hwg51ej said:
Morrissey1986":1hwg51ej said:
It's sad to see some of the attitudes on here towards Mackie like it or hate it you have lost one hell of a player.
If thats the case, then he's either changed dramatically or you'll be singing from the same hymnsheet as some of us in a few months.

Because IMO, whilst he put in 100% and perhaps some of his other atributes made up for his lack of technique, he was never really all that.

Some Argyle fans will disagree but thats the way I see it.

Mackie does not suffer from a lack of technique in any way. No dramatic change in him either - he's absolute quality. This was blatanty evident last season and it's no surprise whatsoever to see him start this season on fire. Many laughed when a price tag of £2million was rumoured regarding his supposed transfer to Forest last season. To me that's a far more realistic market price than £500,000.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Justin":17ud97ya said:
GreenSam":17ud97ya said:
Morrissey1986":17ud97ya said:
It's sad to see some of the attitudes on here towards Mackie like it or hate it you have lost one hell of a player.
If thats the case, then he's either changed dramatically or you'll be singing from the same hymnsheet as some of us in a few months.

Because IMO, whilst he put in 100% and perhaps some of his other atributes made up for his lack of technique, he was never really all that.

Mackie does not suffer from a lack of technique in any way. No dramatic change in him either - he's absolute quality. This was blatanty evident last season and it's no surprise whatsoever to see him start this season on fire. Many laughed when a price tag of £2million was rumoured regarding his supposed transfer to Forest last season. To me that's a far more realistic market price than £500,000.

Given that Forest offered around £650k I would say the 500k figure was realistic six months later.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Mario":37ssgw9f said:
Justin":37ssgw9f said:
GreenSam":37ssgw9f said:
Morrissey1986":37ssgw9f said:

Given that Forest offered around £650k I would say the 500k figure was realistic six months later.

Irrelevant. If Forest had offered £2Million they would have got him. They offered less, according to you, and lost out. He has massive sell on potential too, as a very canny Neil Warnock will appreciate.

And we will have a very difficult task replacing him, judging by yesterday's performance.

Sep 1, 2006
GreenSam":rfq2bdz2 said:
Morrissey1986":rfq2bdz2 said:

Dont listen he has many good attributes and in many ways was wasted here. Work he does goes unnoticed by people who really dont know the game.

He is strong as hell and will hold it up against any lump CB. Very quick on the turn and a good strike. Trust me in your team he will score goals. And more importantly he will give his marker one hell of a game. We just never had the supply at all. Our attack last season was basically just Jamie Mackie.

I did a £5 bet on Jamie to be top scorer at ladbrokes at 80/1. He now gone down to 6th favourite at 20/1.

Well done Warnock.

Sep 1, 2006
pilgrim_pete":22nqzht0 said:
king tynan":22nqzht0 said:
Morrissey1986":22nqzht0 said:
What a player you have sold us. 4 goals in 5 games and a firm fan favourite already. (He got the warmest of applause when he got subbed yesterday his name already dawns several fans kits also) A player that can play well on either flank or upfront.

He had a feature in the programme yesterday which was also a fantastic read. He always play with a smile on he's face and he gives 110% Passion to the game.

I didn't expect much when I read things like "One Trick Pony" "Headless Chicken" but by golly he's the most excited I have been about a player in a very long time.

He has the potential to be top goalscorer this season and if he's not in the top 10 I will be very suprised.
he was great for us. he never gives up trying and loves playing football unlike bradley wrong phillips. what is the word up in london about bradley wrong phillips please morrissey?

Mackie is more of a football player than BWP?

:lol: Do me a favour mate.

All Mackie's game is running down blind alleys. BWP hangs on the last man, waiting for a killer pass. Much more difficult to do that just run. It's just that, in this team, the killer pass never comes and everyone conveys him as lazy and a waste of space. BWP is a better footballer than Mackie.

Sorry but you really dont know much about football. Have you ever played a game of the sport ever in your life.

BWP is crap. I'm still yet to see him put in a good performance. How people rate him I'll never know. I would love to play against BWP all day long...slow, small, no skill, lazy.

Mackie is 27,837,764 times the player.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
SMIAL":37aq196g said:
pilgrim_pete":37aq196g said:
king tynan":37aq196g said:
Morrissey1986":37aq196g said:
What a player you have sold us. 4 goals in 5 games and a firm fan favourite already. (He got the warmest of applause when he got subbed yesterday his name already dawns several fans kits also) A player that can play well on either flank or upfront.

He had a feature in the programme yesterday which was also a fantastic read. He always play with a smile on he's face and he gives 110% Passion to the game.

I didn't expect much when I read things like "One Trick Pony" "Headless Chicken" but by golly he's the most excited I have been about a player in a very long time.

He has the potential to be top goalscorer this season and if he's not in the top 10 I will be very suprised.
he was great for us. he never gives up trying and loves playing football unlike bradley wrong phillips. what is the word up in london about bradley wrong phillips please morrissey?

All Mackie's game is running down blind alleys. BWP hangs on the last man, waiting for a killer pass. Much more difficult to do that just run. It's just that, in this team, the killer pass never comes and everyone conveys him as lazy and a waste of space. BWP is a better footballer than Mackie.

Sorry but you really dont know much about football. Have you ever played a game of the sport ever in your life.

BWP is crap. I'm still yet to see him put in a good performance. How people rate him I'll never know. I would love to play against BWP all day long...slow, small, no skill, lazy.

Do you believe in facts?

BWP (without a pre-season)

12 starts (4 sub apps) 4 goals.
1 in 3
1 in 4 if you include those sub apps.

Mackie

44 starts (0 sub apps) 8 goals.
1 in 5.5 games

Sep 1, 2006
Mario come out with stats, but how BWP has scored in some games has really hidden poor poor displays. Don't say his job is putting ball in net. He was truely shocking away to Doncaster(our last CCC win) and scored last minute. I was pleased with win but at same time sad that the guy would get praised and keep his place AGAIN.

If he is 30 years old and still a pro footballer, I will eat my hat.

Feb 29, 2008
SMIAL":nnjdkek3 said:
Mario come out with stats, but how BWP has scored in some games has really hidden poor poor displays. Don't say his job is putting ball in net. He was truely shocking away to Doncaster(our last CCC win) and scored last minute. I was pleased with win but at same time sad that the guy would get praised and keep his place AGAIN.

If he is 30 years old and still a pro footballer, I will eat my hat.

Best player we have had at club for ages, none like him here now, salt and pepper?

T

t._green

Morrissey1986":1t456lyh said:

Good for you mate, and I hope he continues to do the business for you. Glad he's gone somewhere where he's appreciated.

Jul 29, 2010
Mario":1gfbl1gk said:
SMIAL":1gfbl1gk said:
pilgrim_pete":1gfbl1gk said:
king tynan":1gfbl1gk said:
Morrissey1986":1gfbl1gk said:

Do you believe in facts?

BWP (without a pre-season)

12 starts (4 sub apps) 4 goals.
1 in 3
1 in 4 if you include those sub apps.

Mackie

44 starts (0 sub apps) 8 goals.
1 in 5.5 games

Facts schmacts, Mario you miss the point entirely.
Times BWP has got me off my seat 4 (excluding frustratuion, to stand and cheer 4 goals).
Times Mackie has got me off my seat 27,837,764 (to jump out of the seat cheering and fist pumping for goals AND never say die chase downs, skinning a defender, pulling something improbable out of nothing, etc etc.)
There's your chalk and cheese difference, cold hard figures don't capture what matters. what turns players into legends.
We didn't sell a player to QPR we sold our entire beating heart, Yala might do it but he's crocked, Patterson needs to shift two stone first but who this season has got you out of your seat and cheering like a loon, who has entertained you?.

P

PlymptonPilgrim

This is yet another instance where a player, criticised by the majority of the fans, leaves and goes on to better things with a different club.

Now that's either because, PAFC has contributed substantially to his education and made him a better player,

or,

the player has improved with the new club because of the way he's used, the style of play of the new team, and the players he's now with complement his abilities, much better than those he played with down here.

Whatever the reason, it's happened a few times over recent years.

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
If Mackie could finish then he would've scored at least 20 goals last season. I liked him, but a quality player? No. A great player? No. A legend? Don't make me laugh. If we had Taraabt, Buzsaky and Ephraim in our team creating chances then even Fallon would be scoring regularly.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I don't care how many chances a player like Mackie has or how many times he makes me get off my seat (to be later disappointed anyway)... I judge players like Mackie on goals and at Argyle he was poor and the facts say BWP is almost twice as good. I don't care if he does bugger all for 90 minutes if he scores goals!