Jamie Mackie | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamie Mackie

Jul 29, 2010
Mario":2rs013np said:
I don't care how many chances a player like Mackie has or how many times he makes me get off my seat (to be later disappointed anyway)... I judge players like Mackie on goals and at Argyle he was poor and the facts say BWP is almost twice as good. I don't care if he does bugger all for 90 minutes if he scores goals!

Why do you go to football Mario?. If it's simply to watch goals then just avoid the results and watch the football league show in the evening, you'll see all the goals there.
Football is about so much more than results, it's about having pride, showing some pluck, defying the odds, squaring up to the opposition, chasing lost causes, bating opposition players, banter with the fans etc..
If BWP is twice the player Jamie Mackie is then i'm sorry but I feel we should all just shake hands and give up right now because no-one should be forced to live in a world where all the players have vertically sloped shoulders and put all their limited energy and animation into moaning at each other about a lack of service instead of making something happen.
Neil Warnock is a quality manager, like marmite some people hate him but his track record is impeccible, why do you think he bought Jamie Mackie and not Bradley 'twice the player' Wright Phillips?.

Aug 19, 2009
ming the merciless":1pyjtru5 said:
Morrissey1986":1pyjtru5 said:
We have too many attacking options for him to be sussed Helguson Ephraim Buzsaky (Benched at the moment still great on his day) Taarabt with Hulse and Smith too come into the fold people don't know who to mark in our side. Mackie will be awesome I just hope you got a good sell on clause. :wink:

You hit the nail on the head.

When he was in our team he was the only threat going forward. Everyone we played knew it.

People did state him as a 'one trick pony' and tag him with 'you can't fault his commitment'.

Mr Mackie is now scoring goals, well at the minute anyway, due to the fact that he no doubt has better service. When playing for us it was more of he had to supply himself to create any chances, which is why he got tagged as stated above and found out.

He will now probably suceed due to him being able to just concentrate on scoring goals, without the added factor of trying to do all the hard work that the midfielders should be doing.

Good luck to him.

G

Greenskin

X Isle":2blgnwvv said:
Mario":2blgnwvv said:
I don't care how many chances a player like Mackie has or how many times he makes me get off my seat (to be later disappointed anyway)... I judge players like Mackie on goals and at Argyle he was poor and the facts say BWP is almost twice as good. I don't care if he does bugger all for 90 minutes if he scores goals!

Why do you go to football Mario?. If it's simply to watch goals then just avoid the results and watch the football league show in the evening, you'll see all the goals there.
Football is about so much more than results, it's about having pride, showing some pluck, defying the odds, squaring up to the opposition, chasing lost causes, bating opposition players, banter with the fans etc..
If BWP is twice the player Jamie Mackie is then i'm sorry but I feel we should all just shake hands and give up right now because no-one should be forced to live in a world where all the players have vertically sloped shoulders and put all their limited energy and animation into moaning at each other about a lack of service instead of making something happen.
Neil Warnock is a quality manager, like marmite some people hate him but his track record is impeccible, why do you think he bought Jamie Mackie and not Bradley 'twice the player' Wright Phillips?.

Warnock tried to sign BWP when he was at Palace but Argyle beat him to it.

Sep 1, 2006
Mario":1b47zhx5 said:

I totally disagree at the one trick pony and only thing good is his workrate. He will give a defender a tougher game than any striker we have had over the years. Technically he isnt the greatest but he's better than anyone in this squad.

Same was disappointingly said about David Norris. Players just get classed into categories. I'm not a fan of BWP whatsoever poor excuse of a footballer.

I'd like to see how many goalscoring chances Mackie created last year.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
X Isle":mjlhm631 said:
Mario":mjlhm631 said:

Goals win matches my friend and that is what I like to see; and in answer to your question I have no idea why I watch football... certainly at the moment being as dire as it is!

I never said BWP was twice the player of Mackie, I was just saying somebody elses comparison of the two were awful. In terms of GPG it is fair to say BWP is twice the player of Mackie during their time at Argyle.

BWP is not lazy, he just knows when he needs his energy. Thierry Henry said he is a lazy player because otherwise he wouldn't have the energy when he gets the ball, is he a bad striker? :wink:

We'll have to agree to disagree. As I said before though, Mackies move was good for QPR and it was good for us so happy days lets move on.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Well done Jamie Mackie, i hope his success continues.

He clearly is passionate about the game, walks onto the field gives his all and is now reaping some rewards. Fans will always warm to a trier, especially one that scores goals.

Mario - surely comparing goal ratio's to a guy that was often played wide right or in the withdrawn striker role as opposed to a guy who is solely picked as a centre forward is unfair?

Anyone who believes that BWP offers Argyle more than Jamie Mackie did, has an exceptionally short memory, or has a seat that is facing in the wrong direction.

It amazes me the people who say i dont care as long as he scores, or its all about winning, are often the one seen on topics in outrage if the club are linked with Lee Hughes or Marlon King.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
Voice_of_Reason":1zpmvxw9 said:
Mario - surely comparing goal ratio's to a guy that was often played wide right or in the withdrawn striker role as opposed to a guy who is solely picked as a centre forward is unfair?

Anyone who believes that BWP offers Argyle more than Jamie Mackie did, has an exceptionally short memory, or has a seat that is facing in the wrong direction.

Last season Mackie played the majority up front. Less of the nonsense about the withdrawn striker, he was played alongside Fallon to score goals which he failed to do.

Mackie offered a lot of hope, a lot of excitement, a lot of anticipation but unfortunately delivered no hope, frustration, anger and missed opportunities when he sometimes could have passed instead of try the spectacular.

Goals win games and that's what I want from an out and out striker. I don't care how hard they work. Robert Earnshaws are lazy players and contribute very little to a team except match winning goals.

Y2J

Dec 28, 2004
Cornwall
Mario":2tgccu6q said:
Goals win games and that's what I want from an out and out striker. I don't care how hard they work. Robert Earnshaws are lazy players and contribute very little to a team except match winning goals.

That reminds me of the old PASOTI ritual. People would come on here after a game and complain about how lazy Ebanks-Blake was. Those were the days, and look where his laziness has gotten him. If Mackie keeps it up then fair play to him and I hope we put a sell-on clause in the transfer, but he's only managed double figures once and that was in the Conference.

Sep 1, 2006
We will have to agree to disagree on this and see where their careers go. I have watched both players closely in last couple years and Mackie is Championship standard easily. BWP would struggle to make this level and when he is 30 he wont still be in the game. Maybe League 2. A couple goals have really disguised a poor season for BWP. MAckie did everything but find the net more. Which isnt great Mackie would be the first to admit last season wasnt great for him but Shearer wouldnt have hit double figures.

I have my fiver on Mackie as top goalscorer, we will see how it pans out.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
SMIAL":poddxzwu said:
A couple goals have really disguised a poor season for BWP.

Extremely harsh. The guy spent the majority of the season on a treatment table. He did fantastic to come back and get on the scoresheet.

Sep 1, 2006
Mario":3fizfoqq said:
SMIAL":3fizfoqq said:

Extremely harsh. The guy spent the majority of the season on a treatment table. He did fantastic to come back and get on the scoresheet.

I'm grateful for his goals. He got us 3 points in the last minute vs Doncaster. But on that day he was trueful awful. Mariner should have dropped him and now I'm glad Reid has seen sense.

A

Anonymous

I hope Mackie does it at QPR, but I'm happy that headless is no longer with us, a) he wanted to go and b) He was one the most frustrating players to watch. I've never seen anyone run down blind alleys so much.

As for BWP, always liked what I saw when he played against us for the Saints, but my God, he does slip into the overpaid and over here tag, doesn't he.

How I'd love, if he too, didn't play for my club.

Sep 1, 2006
It's all about opinions. We would all write a different starting 11. Reid's one is what counts and at the minute its nowhere near my starting X1.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
SMIAL":28i5ju9c said:
Mario":28i5ju9c said:
SMIAL":28i5ju9c said:

I'm grateful for his goals. He got us 3 points in the last minute vs Doncaster. But on that day he was trueful awful. Mariner should have dropped him and now I'm glad Reid has seen sense.

But he won us 3 points you said it yourself. The other 90 minutes are irrelevant.

I think BWP is on the Seip treatment, he's on high wages and we don't want him to get injured so he can leave IMO. I don't rate Reid as a manager so it's not for me to comment on whether he is out on footballing reasons or not. You only have to watch the finishing in the pre-game warm up to notice that BWP is, along with Mason our best finisher by a country mile.