Just a random thought about Argyle badge! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just a random thought about Argyle badge!

Scroll or no scroll?

• Scroll

Votes: 152 93.3%
  • No Scroll

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Plymouth Albions is a good example, worth a look.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Any return to the city crest is unlikely, though I’d love it on a retro shirt or special cup final/play-off final shirt.

The club are clearly pushing the scroll-less badge, because it’s everywhere around Home Park and they just used it on the Abba promotion (https://www.instagram.com/p/Btof0zUD7Ch/).

I think that looks cleaner and more minimalist, which is what most football clubs are doing now (like the excellent new Juventus crest). Clubs are also looking at how good the badge looks on leisure wear and on social media etc.

And for the 4685th time... it HAS to have the word ‘Argyle’ on it. Along with the colour green that’s one of two things that have to be front and centre of our identity, and it’s not even on the crest :shocked:

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Biggs":372xvksd said:
Any return to the city crest is unlikely, though I’d love it on a retro shirt or special cup final/play-off final shirt.

The club are clearly pushing the scroll-less badge, because it’s everywhere around Home Park and they just used it on the Abba promotion (https://www.instagram.com/p/Btof0zUD7Ch/).

I think that looks cleaner and more minimalist, which is what most football clubs are doing now (like the excellent new Juventus crest). Clubs are also looking at how good the badge looks on leisure wear and on social media etc.

And for the 4685th time... it HAS to have the word ‘Argyle’ on it. Along with the colour green that’s one of two things that have to be front and centre of our identity, and it’s not even on the crest :shocked:

I`ve told you a million times not to exagerate. Albion have the coat of arms with Plymouth Albion above it, yes to retro shirt.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Typical, ask this question just after Argyle have spent a load of money printing up signs with the badge for the new shop and box office :greensmile:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Where was the exaggeration, JAF?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
the scroll on this years home shirt has the scroll pushed up so its touching the bottom of the shield, making the Shield & scroll look as one . personally I prefer it as it looks a lot cleaner & not as an add on.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
An interesting debate! From the choice Ian has given, I would stay with the scroll.
However, if it were left to me (thank God it isn't I hear you all say), I would ditch the whole Mayflower/Pilgrims id anyway. As has been said many times, the Pilgrim Fathers had naff all to do with Plymouth except for docking for repairs et al. With the (relatively) local lad Francis Drake in our history, wouldn't that be better? Controversial I know, but that is genuinely what I think.
Don't agree the words Plymouth and/or Argyle needs to be on the crest. PAFC must be easy enough to work out for anybody with a bit of a footballing brain.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Or how about the city sheild ala Barnsley with the mayflower badge in the middle and Plymouth argyle on the top I'm sure some one cleverer than me could mock something like that up personally I love our badge as it is looks classy in my opinion

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Really, really, really hate the Barnsley/Arsenal/Oldham style shield. It’s very Microsoft clip-arty and not anywhere near as classy as the shape of ours.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lousy_Pint":4t95ul2m said:
However, if it were left to me (thank God it isn't I hear you all say), I would ditch the whole Mayflower/Pilgrims id anyway. As has been said many times, the Pilgrim Fathers had naff all to do with Plymouth except for docking for repairs et al.

Who has said that many times before? The facts are that the Mayflower DID leave from Plymouth, the Pilgrim Fathers’ last night on land WAS in Plymouth, and the significance of that is recognised themselves and in history by the naming of Plymouth Rock and Plymouth, Massachusetts. Case closed.

All of history is happenstance and coincidence, why would you want to distance your own city from such a significant event?

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
Biggs":fdjye61n said:
Lousy_Pint":fdjye61n said:
However, if it were left to me (thank God it isn't I hear you all say), I would ditch the whole Mayflower/Pilgrims id anyway. As has been said many times, the Pilgrim Fathers had naff all to do with Plymouth except for docking for repairs et al.

Who has said that many times before? The facts are that the Mayflower DID leave from Plymouth, the Pilgrim Fathers’ last night on land WAS in Plymouth, and the significance of that is recognised themselves and in history by the naming of Plymouth Rock and Plymouth, Massachusetts. Case closed.

All of history is happenstance and coincidence, why would you want to distance your own city from such a significant event?

Case closed? In your narrow mind perhaps. It was just an opinion ffs! Our city has had far more significant events.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I really like the Spurs badge. You have the history and tradition distilled into a very simple and retro design, with the words Tottenham Hotspur beneath. Those words can remain in all club branding but be removed for a simpler design on the actual shirt...

images