Just a random thought about Argyle badge! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just a random thought about Argyle badge!

Scroll or no scroll?

• Scroll

Votes: 152 93.3%
  • No Scroll

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
IJN":31lqb508 said:
No you're not, I bought it up! :greensmile:

Where's Adam Dyer? :wave:

IJN":31lqb508 said:

I'm here! I'll get onto those mock-ups next week (half term) but in the mean time, I'd been toying with simplifying the crest for a while now, similar to what IJN previously mentioning about our logo being fussy compared to Portsmouths.

This is just to discussion/debate. Would you encourage a simpler crest?

It doesn't show but the image below has a white circular border also.

Simplistic-Argyle-Logo-copy.png

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Adam":1tloicyn said:
IJN":1tloicyn said:

IJN":1tloicyn said:

Where's Adam Dyer?

I'm here! I'll get onto those mock-ups next week (half term) but in the mean time, I'd been toying with simplifying the crest for a while now, similar to what IJN previously mentioning about our logo being fussy compared to Portsmouths.

This is just to discussion/debate. Would you encourage a simpler crest?

It doesn't show but the image below has a white circular border also.

Simplistic-Argyle-Logo-copy.png

That's a mast short to be a Mayflower Adam...... or is it the 1620 Cremyll Ferry? ;)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That reminds me of the old Leeds psychedelic LUFC badge. I like it, but I don’t know why :lol:

Any new badge would have to have the crest outline, because that’s the absolute basis of all the new branding around Home Park.

Would ‘Plymouth Argyle’ fit under a slightly shrunken Mayflower within the current badge?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Knibbsworth":3nymx4zq said:
The badge is perfect as it is.

Not wishing to start an argument (had enough of that with a certain other poster :oops:) but I'd really like to hear why anyone would prefer 'PAFC' over 'Plymouth Argyle' or 'Argyle' :thumbup:

To have a whole identity based on Only One Argyle and then not even have the word on the badge is a clear discrepancy, no?

Aug 5, 2016
Why would you consider that crap twitter handle (most likely selected by the particular prat who adds most of its matchday content) any more prestigious than the initials of the club?

It wouldn't bother me if they replaced PAFC with ARGYLE. However in terms of branding, aside from reaching out to a few passers by in Tenerife it is hardly going to kickstart the club's fortunes or add thousands to our home gates. The couple from Falkirk could probably already work out from PAFC what club you're supporting, especially with the 'made in Cornwall ' logo on your stomach for a clue.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I’m not considering a crap twitter handle more important than the initials of the club. It’s just an example of the word Argyle being central to our identity, yet it’s not on the one outward symbol of the club.

No-one is saying revamping the badge changes our fortunes, let’s not exaggerate... and if the badge isn’t that important as an identifier and we have ‘Made in Cornwall’ on our chest anyway (I don’t see how that’s relevant) let’s just not have a badge at all.

How does a couple from Falkirk or Los Angeles or even a child in Plymouth itself work out what what PAFC stands for, when they might not have even heard of Plymouth Argyle in the first place? ‘Argyle’ prompts interest and curiosity, PAFC does nothing. And duck it, I’m selfish and I want to walk about with a shirt/hat/hoody that proudly says ‘Plymouth Argyle’ and not just four letters.

There doesn’t seem any argument for the PAFC scroll beyond a vague sense of familiarity and dogma. But I appear to be completely alone, so never mind.

(I said I WASN’T looking for an argument :lol:)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don’t know, but anything involving me, Knibbsworth and Metal Green Mickey seems to be roughly as combustible as a petrol station :lol:

Apologies.

But Plymouth Argyle >>>>>>>> PAFC :thumbup:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree to disagree Derek, we are 'Argyle'. Our Cornish cousins deserve the recognition.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don’t especially like that (sorry!), but it’s on the right track and shows that lettering can fit under the Mayflower.

I too would like Plymouth Argyle in a blockier font, and keep the exact same crest outline as now. Without the black border.