Morecambe v Plymouth Argyle - game OFF | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe v Plymouth Argyle - game OFF

May 26, 2015
Balham_Green":7z4yxh89 said:
RochdaleGreen":7z4yxh89 said:
I really dislike Adams; I always have done; I even hated his promotion season with us and our capitulation at Grimsby. I will not go to the game at Morecambe because the proximity of Adams would make me sick. He is the worst Argyle manager ever!

Let me get this right - you wont go to watch Argyle because you dont like the opposition manager....!?

Bobby Williamson was worst Argyle manager in my time.

Utter rubbish Balham. Bobby gave us 3 victories on the trot to make us champions, including the 2 nil win over QPR that remains one of my all time favourites.

May 26, 2015
Knibbsworth":wmx5onra said:
RochdaleGreen":wmx5onra said:
I really dislike Adams; I always have done; I even hated his promotion season with us and our capitulation at Grimsby. I will not go to the game at Morecambe because the proximity of Adams would make me sick. He is the worst Argyle manager ever!

:lol:

What on earth does your emoji mean; can't you speak?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Capitulation at Grimsby???

We attacked them for about 80 minutes from memory.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Despite being one of only a minute number of managers to get us relegated to the lowest league and managing that rare 'achievement' with no points deduction, he's probably not quite the worst Argyle manager ever, even I would concede that.
He is, however, my least favourite Argyle manager of all time.
Its no surprise whatsoever that the signs of megalomania are showing at Morecambe already. Having read about him and seen him play many times, Kevin Ellison seems like a decent bloke with a mind of his own who occasionally plays with a smile so it comes as no shock that he's 'surplus to requirements'

Aug 5, 2016
It was my instant reaction to the most laughable comment I have read in a long time Rochdale.

The worst manager since 1886 signed Carey, Bradley, Lameiras, Vyner, Taylor, Threlkeld, Ladapo...delivered promotion, a Wembley playoff final, brought Liverpool to Home Park, spent £15,000 on transfers and raised £1.5m in players sold which he signed for nothing.

I appreciate he wasn't everyone's cup of tea with his ill judged comments and often sour demeanour but you ought to get a grip. Our run where we nearly finished in the League One playoffs, for half a season we were fantastic to watch and near unstoppable.

Aug 5, 2015
I’m not a fan but a quick look at GOS shows that Adams was in fact one of our most successful managers. Here’s where it gets sacrilegious, even more successful than the prize buffoon from Bristol. How many of our managers have you seen interviewed by the beeb as the club had just achieved a record number of away wins. Get real!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Kentishgreen":2mb6i814 said:
I’m not a fan but a quick look at GOS shows that Adams was in fact one of our most successful managers. Here’s where it gets sacrilegious, even more successful than the prize buffoon from Bristol. How many of our managers have you seen interviewed by the beeb as the club had just achieved a record number of away wins. Get real!

Try to put some sort of context to his win ratio please.
By making such a cock up of the Wembley final he got a second season of playing against utter duffers to boost his all important stats.
The only barometer of success worth paying attention to is promotions v relegations and he delivered zero progress over 4 years.
He's one of, I think 4 managers to get Argyle relegated to the lowest division and of those 4 at least Peter Reid had a massive points deduction, unpaid players and forced fire sales of talent as an excuse.

If you think having a higher win ratio against teams like Barnet and Accrington than against teams like Derby or Nottingham and Forest makes a manager 'more successful' then presumably the next England manager should be whoever gets the highest win ratio... Even if that's in the Evostick leagues?

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Knibbsworth":x3vo56ox said:
It was my instant reaction to the most laughable comment I have read in a long time Rochdale.

The worst manager since 1886 signed Carey, Bradley, Lameiras, Vyner, Taylor, Threlkeld, Ladapo...delivered promotion, a Wembley playoff final, brought Liverpool to Home Park, spent £15,000 on transfers and raised £1.5m in players sold which he signed for nothing.

I appreciate he wasn't everyone's cup of tea with his ill judged comments and often sour demeanour but you ought to get a grip. Our run where we nearly finished in the League One playoffs, for half a season we were fantastic to watch and near unstoppable.

If those players you mention are such great signings it must have taken an utter dud of a manager to get the club relegated to division 4??

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Kentishgreen":1a6cgqd3 said:
Like I said try looking at GOS. Facts don’t lie. Sorry if facts get in the way of your agenda

Sorry, what part of 'only 1 of a tiny number of Argyle managers to get relegated to division 4' isn't factual?

Here's a simple yes no question.. Which is better a 40% win ratio in division 4 or a 30% win ratio in division 2??

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
up_the_line":9gu5nrtj said:
Knibbsworth":9gu5nrtj said:

If those players you mention are such great signings it must have taken an utter dud of a manager to get the club relegated to division 4??

Game, set and match.

Aug 5, 2015
I know the wheels came off big time last season but to portray Adams as one of Argyle’s worst ever managers is just ridiculous

Mar 16, 2009
London
up_the_line":2enhv4yi said:
Kentishgreen":2enhv4yi said:

By making such a cock up of the Wembley final he got a second season of playing against utter duffers to boost his all important stats.
The only barometer of success worth paying attention to is promotions v relegations and he delivered zero progress over 4 years.
He's one of, I think 4 managers to get Argyle relegated to the lowest division and of those 4 at least Peter Reid had a massive points deduction, unpaid players and forced fire sales of talent as an excuse.

If you think having a higher win ratio against teams like Barnet and Accrington than against teams like Derby or Nottingham and Forest makes a manager 'more successful' then presumably the next England manager should be whoever gets the highest win ratio... Even if that's in the Evostick leagues?

By your own barometer, promotions vs relegations, Adams is in the top few percent. He officially achieved a promotion and zero relegations.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Justin":m9lmqa5s said:
up_the_line":m9lmqa5s said:
Kentishgreen":m9lmqa5s said:

By your own barometer, promotions vs relegations, Adams is in the top few percent. He officially achieved a promotion and zero relegations.

Haha only someone with their nose firmly ensconced in Adams would say that relegation wasn't his.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I was a fan of Adams for the first few years and even though I wasn’t big on his style of football I accepted it because more often than not it got results in our promotion season but he lost me when he didn’t learn last year in his summer recruitment, we knew we needed a CB with pace after how well Vyner did next to Bradley but Adams clearly didn’t learn.

And signing Dyson on a 2 year deal after he spent a whole season out injured? And Macey over Letheren for so long? :facepalm:

Adams was 100% responsible for last seasons relegation.