New changing rooms and WC | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New changing rooms and WC

Mar 21, 2013
Mr Gillingham":9kkbi0ni said:
Give the club some credit. They would have thought of the safety implications when they had these building works in mind. Anyhow it wouldn't have passed planning permission if it didn't satisfy the planners regarding safety.

Hang on, are you suggesting that the experts in charge of the development, the guys that do this for a living, know more then some of the ‘experts’ on here? That’s crazy talk.

May 16, 2016
Mr Gillingham":3gqa8ijs said:
Give the club some credit. They would have thought of the safety implications when they had these building works in mind. Anyhow it wouldn't have passed planning permission if it didn't satisfy the planners regarding safety.

Maybe, but it only takes a Graham Carey to inadvertently drop a bottle of shower gel on the way in and you've got an instant hazard right there. Anybody could slip on it.

I daren't think what might happen if Paul Wotton got angry and threw a bar of soap, which accidentally flew out a window and hit a Police Horse for example, imagine the carnage a horse could cause if startled by a load of lemon zest stuck in it's earhole.

A

andyr1963

Don't_Panic":3mijff9h said:
Mr Gillingham":3mijff9h said:

Hang on, are you suggesting that the experts in charge of the development, the guys that do this for a living, know more then some of the ‘experts’ on here? That’s crazy talk.

Mmmmmmmmmmm :think: some of the experts on here would have installed the temporary changing room a couple of weeks ago and then closed the changing rooms in the Grandstand and would not have bothered to rent the changing room facilities at Brickfields and not bothered to "bus" the team back and forth for training. :sigh:

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
andyr1963":uuljovtn said:
Don't_Panic":uuljovtn said:
Mr Gillingham":uuljovtn said:

Mmmmmmmmmmm :think: some of the experts on here would have installed the temporary changing room a couple of weeks ago and then closed the changing rooms in the Grandstand and would not have bothered to rent the changing room facilities at Brickfields and not bothered to "bus" the team back and forth for training. :sigh:

Haha! Some of the "experts" on here would have finished the job by now at a fraction of the cost.

All depends when the temp dressing rooms were available. Did they need to be dismantled at another site first? Always a bigger picture some people can't see.

A

andyr1963

We will find out tomorrow if the temporary dressing rooms are brand new units or a bargain off of e bay. If they are brand new units I would like to know the reason for the delay in installation and the added expense of Brickfields / bus

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
andyr1963":15epde8h said:
We will find out tomorrow if the temporary dressing rooms are brand new units or a bargain off of e bay. If they are brand new units I would like to know the reason for the delay in installation and the added expense of Brickfields / bus

Bloody hell, give it a rest.

The players have had a week in different (probably superior to existing grandstand) changing rooms, who cares?

Mar 21, 2013
Yeah it’s always so simple to come to a negative conclusion when you don’t know the details. Now it’s clear that things are happening with the grandstand I guess people are desperate & have to find any excuse to complain.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's incredible isn't it?

I would also add that until very recently, 'fans' were badgering PCC planning about ANYTHING that was technically not within the planning permission.

I had a massive site in Avonmouth, far bigger than Home Park, I had over 30 portacabins within the site, never once did I apply for planning permission.

When I made that point to someone within planning recently the exact words were 'I bet you didn't have a legion of people e mailing in every day about variations to the agreed planning on your site'. :facepalm:

So what would be pushed through, without a second thought is having to be treated in a very different way than would normally happen.

Strange but true.

May 8, 2011
Kentishgreen":2ayyf1cc said:
Makes you wonder what some people expect from a facility which is temporary in nature.

The temporary changing rooms at Anfield were very high quality.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Here's a few photos sent to me by Barry (Cleaner/Pedro) this morning.

OHlfqMF.jpg

OI9lxHL.jpg

2fjOGrg.jpg

flK964p.jpg

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":3ctum38d said:
Here's a few photos sent to me by Barry (Cleaner/Pedro) this morning.

OHlfqMF.jpg

OI9lxHL.jpg

2fjOGrg.jpg

flK964p.jpg

Must be good reason there on high pillars or maybe it's to make the players think they are higher up the league.

A

andyr1963

Biggs":3u3vvdko said:
andyr1963":3u3vvdko said:

The players have had a week in different (probably superior to existing grandstand) changing rooms, who cares?

Give it a rest? WHY?

Closing one facility before having its alternative ready is pretty basic in the great planning scheme of things, the players place of work is to be disrupted, there is obviously no way around that, but at least try to make the transition as smooth as possible.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
andyr1963":2kup5cqv said:
Biggs":2kup5cqv said:
andyr1963":2kup5cqv said:

Give it a rest? WHY?

Closing one facility before having its alternative ready is pretty basic in the great planning scheme of things, the players place of work is to be disrupted, there is obviously no way around that, but at least try to make the transition as smooth as possible.

Check main board for photos of installation today.