New poll? Would you support a Stapleton-led pre-pack? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New poll? Would you support a Stapleton-led pre-pack?

Would you support a current Director(s) prepack?

• Yes. It's our club we have to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Once bitten twice shy.

• We need a complete clean sweep.

• Anything that saves the club is OK by me.

• Total voters

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Andy_Symons":6ixtx5ch said:
northcountryboy":6ixtx5ch said:
Andy_Symons":6ixtx5ch said:
crickeypafc":6ixtx5ch said:
crickeypafc":6ixtx5ch said:
No chance i will not renew my season ticket next year or buy new home or away shirt each season whilst stapleton is there

I will just have to listen to Argyle on the radio and support from home

Will that help the Plymouth Argyle? Not really.

I done alot to help Plymouth Argyle buying season tickets shirts jackets xmas presents

But no more till Stapleton has gone

I don't understand that mentality (others have said this too).

It's great that you have bought seasons tickets etc in the past but why should your dislike for one man stop you from supporting the club you love by going to matches and buying merchandise.

We are classed as the 12th man. How would you feel if a player refused to play for Argyle because he didn't like the manager!

The most important thing is the club not a board member. You will be depriving the club of much needed money and much needed support because of your dislike for one man.

Only Plymouth Argyle will suffer not Paul Stapleton.

Just like Marcel Seip did, you mean?

Hilarious! but Blenks had already made that comment.

And?

Face it Lucy, if you don't want us to mention your husband's unprofessional behaviour, it's probably best that you didn't mention it in the first place.

Hmmm. Cutting through the hilarity, he is right though.

It does seem kind of odd that so many that were (are) fearful we may not have a club are willing to abandon it on the basis of one man being in the Boardroom.

Apr 21, 2005
Plympton
I voted for a clean sweep as the way the Board have run the club into the ground is shameful, but at the same time I want Argyle to survive this debacle & go on to have a future as a club. It would appear they've already spent my ST money for next season so the missus will be after them if they go into administration! As for pre packaged admin it plain & simple shouldn't be allowed & if it happens I sincerely doubt I'd be able to compromise my ideals & morals enough to warrant backing a 'phoenix' club. That would be an absolute disgrace & the meaning of RESURGAM in respect of Argyle would be tarnished forever in my eyes. It may be true they have us supporters over a barrel up to a point, but am I supposed to be helping finance a corrupt business model or my local football club? One I can live without, the other was/is a lifelong commitment.

Jun 1, 2004
Perth, WA
Frank_Butcher":zh5pn8wd said:

It does seem kind of odd that so many that were (are) fearful we may not have a club are willing to abandon it on the basis of one man being in the Boardroom.

Maybe the majority, are fed up with the way the club has been managed and want a fresh start....thats not too difficult is it?

Friends of board members defending their allies is so 2007!

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Stspletpon is part [f not all] of the problem, not part of the solution we need a new broom

Sep 23, 2005
I would prefer a fresh start but my overriding concern is the future of Plymouth Argyle FC.

If the only option of staving off liquidation was with a chastised Stapleton as part of a new set up then so be it. We may not be in a position to let high ideals get in the way of the practical considerations of survival.

Nov 11, 2006
Frank_Butcher":1defer72 said:

For my part, with that man in the boardroom as part of a pheonix company, my continued loyalty would involve turning a blind eye to the morally corrupt injustice of what that involves. My loyalty does not extend that far. The principles of integrity, fairness, sportsmanship, honesty, community etc that I associate with my club would no longer exist. What would be left? ...a morally bankrupt shell of a club that I can no longer connect with. As far as I'm concerned, the club I love would temporarily cease to exist.

T

Tim Chown

I remember what I thought when this happened at Leeds. My views haven't changed since then.

Total regime change please.

C

Cult Of Personality

PAFC+":nv81aw5t said:
Frank_Butcher":nv81aw5t said:

For my part, with that man in the boardroom as part of a pheonix company, my continued loyalty would involve turning a blind eye to the morally corrupt injustice of what that involves. My loyalty does not extend that far. The principles of integrity, fairness, sportsmanship, honesty, community etc that I associate with my club would no longer exist. What would be left? ...a morally bankrupt shell of a club that I can no longer connect with. As far as I'm concerned, the club I love would temporarily cease to exist.

Totally argee with that

P

pieface

As a season ticket holder for the last 20 years I can say that I will not be entering Home Park again until Stapleton has gone...if he has anything to do with a possible takeover I will feel at best 'mugged'...Stapes just F Off!

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
Lots of vitriol aimed at Stapleton and most people voting for a clean sweep.
Unfortunately there does not appear to be a White Knight galloping over the horizon to produce the clean sweep, and we all saw what the Black Knight did before he disappeared over the horizon in a different direction.

If the choice is Stapleton/ Ridsdale or no club then they they get my vote. For all his faults Stapleton is at least trying to do something while Gardner, Todd and Kagami/ Synan have all chickened out.

Owners have a habit of changing over the years and Mc666 who was loathed by many on this board eventually went. Once things have stabilised it would not surprise me to see to see Stapleton depart.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
P.L.I.H":127rtwwn said:
Frank_Butcher":127rtwwn said:

Maybe the majority, are fed up with the way the club has been managed and want a fresh start....thats not too difficult is it?

Friends of board members defending their allies is so 2007!

I'll sweep past the patronising tone and answer - no, and I said as much in my previous post if you had chosen to read it (oops, sorry, me too).

But the logic of boycotting the club/team that people love, which if widespread would no doubt risk liquidation of said club just seems rather odd.

All because one man, who at one time was integral to our success remains. I think he has a role in the downfall too - but I don't see it as intentional and from what I perceive he seems to be one of those working to put it right.

Clean sweep for me, but I wouldn't boycott it if he remained.

Sep 15, 2010
Wherever the money is
They shoud have been looking for a buyer as soon as we were promoted to the Championship and as a last chance saloon when Holloway had built on the Pulis clearout.
If any of the board survive this shambles and remain on the board, there will be even less local support. Gates of 3-4 k will be the norm.

B

bandwagon

Ernie":cvoawom8 said:
They shoud have been looking for a buyer as soon as we were promoted to the Championship and as a last chance saloon when Holloway had built on the Pulis clearout.
If any of the board survive this shambles and remain on the board, there will be even less local support. Gates of 3-4 k will be the norm.

Correct again - I think Stapleton's banking on the same 7k of ST holders, well get ready for a big shock Whitey!!

M

Marcus The Green

I can't believe the amount of people that say they would turn their back on our club if Stapleton stays!!

I thought a football club was for life? Seems not. For Argyle "supporters" it's if we are doing well or if certain people are or aren't involved. (Stapleton/McCauley/Bloom)

If we come out of the other side of this mess....in essence it will still be the same team that I support, playing in the same colour and the same ground.

I personally would want a clean sweep of the current board apart from Wrathall. I'd also welcome Peter Risdale into the setup. So it's not like i'd be happy with Stapleton staying but I'm not going to stop supporting the club i've supported since a boy because of something that isn't in my control.