New poll? Would you support a Stapleton-led pre-pack? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New poll? Would you support a Stapleton-led pre-pack?

Would you support a current Director(s) prepack?

• Yes. It's our club we have to.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Once bitten twice shy.

• We need a complete clean sweep.

• Anything that saves the club is OK by me.

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2009
Marcus The Green":17swostr said:
I can't believe the amount of people that say they would turn their back on our club if Stapleton stays!!

I thought a football club was for life? Seems not. For Argyle "supporters" it's if we are doing well or if certain people are or aren't involved. (Stapleton/McCauley/Bloom)

If we come out of the other side of this mess....in essence it will still be the same team that I support, playing in the same colour and the same ground.

I personally would want a clean sweep of the current board apart from Wrathall. I'd also welcome Peter Ridsdale into the setup. So it's not like i'd be happy with Stapleton staying but I'm not going to stop supporting the club i've supported since a boy because of something that isn't in my control.

It's not merely the fact that Stapleton is on board. It is the use of the pre-pack to shaft creditors and protect self interest. Why is it wrong that many fans, myself included, find this morally and ethically abhorrant?

It's all down to personal opinion of course, but for many there is a line over which blind loyalty shalt not cross.

T

Tim Chown

So of the 50-odd clubs that someone recently posted had gone into administration, how many have come out with the same owners?

A

Anonymous

bandwagon":y1jmdvt9 said:
Ernie":y1jmdvt9 said:
They shoud have been looking for a buyer as soon as we were promoted to the Championship and as a last chance saloon when Holloway had built on the Pulis clearout.
If any of the board survive this shambles and remain on the board, there will be even less local support. Gates of 3-4 k will be the norm.

Correct again - I think Stapleton's banking on the same 7k of ST holders, well get ready for a big shock Whitey!!

Someone, I can't remember who, found out last week that there's actually only 4.5k ST holders.

M

Marcus The Green

xmastree":avyn2grm said:
Marcus The Green":avyn2grm said:
I can't believe the amount of people that say they would turn their back on our club if Stapleton stays!!

I thought a football club was for life? Seems not. For Argyle "supporters" it's if we are doing well or if certain people are or aren't involved. (Stapleton/McCauley/Bloom)

If we come out of the other side of this mess....in essence it will still be the same team that I support, playing in the same colour and the same ground.

I personally would want a clean sweep of the current board apart from Wrathall. I'd also welcome Peter Ridsdale into the setup. So it's not like i'd be happy with Stapleton staying but I'm not going to stop supporting the club i've supported since a boy because of something that isn't in my control.

It's not merely the fact that Stapleton is on board. It is the use of the pre-pack to shaft creditors and protect self interest. Why is it wrong that many fans, myself included, find this morally and ethically abhorrant?

It's all down to personal opinion of course, but for many there is a line over which blind loyalty shalt not cross.

I'm not saying it is wrong, I don't agree with what is being planned either but it does support my arguement of people having certain requirements to support our club. Like you said it's all personal opinion.....mine is that being a Plymouth Argyle supporting doesn't have an off switch because you don't like what someone is doing!

B

bandwagon

IJN":1s7q72d2 said:
bandwagon":1s7q72d2 said:
Ernie":1s7q72d2 said:
They shoud have been looking for a buyer as soon as we were promoted to the Championship and as a last chance saloon when Holloway had built on the Pulis clearout.
If any of the board survive this shambles and remain on the board, there will be even less local support. Gates of 3-4 k will be the norm.

Correct again - I think Stapleton's banking on the same 7k of ST holders, well get ready for a big shock Whitey!!

Someone, I can't remember who, found out last week that there's actually only 4.5k ST holders.

Sugar, it's going to be worst than I thought then - nice one Stapleton & co!!

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Marcus The Green":1raebyl8 said:
xmastree":1raebyl8 said:
Marcus The Green":1raebyl8 said:

I'm not saying it is wrong, I don't agree with what is being planned either but it does support my arguement of people having certain requirements to support our club. Like you said it's all personal opinion.....mine is that being a Plymouth Argyle supporting doesn't have an off switch because you don't like what someone is doing!

I agree Marcus.

The thought of Argyle losing thousands off their gate, because a few on here say they won't go anymore, is preposterous.

Even IF all the conjecture on here is true, if Argyle survive, the crowds will be much the same as always.

Crap in lean times, good for the big games. I'd bet on that.

Oct 24, 2010
I think realistically the size of the support depends on results on the pitch, not who is on the boardroom. If in a couple of years time we are back in the top half of the championship all this will be forgotten. Personally, I'm an Argyle fan for life whatever league we are in and whoever is running the club.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
esmer":3mv1r1md said:
I think realistically the size of the support depends on results on the pitch, not who is on the boardroom. If in a couple of years time we are back in the top half of the championship all this will be forgotten. Personally, I'm an Argyle fan for life whatever league we are in and whoever is running the club.

Someone with a tad of common sense. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Sep 15, 2010
Wherever the money is
mikey":1x9c90nd said:
esmer":1x9c90nd said:

Someone with a tad of common sense. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

That's just the sort of blind faith that is music to Stapes' ears.
It is a complete cop out to just grin and bear whatever happens at the club. Do you not have a mind of your own ?
It is the sort of mentality that has led to decades of mediocrity.
You must feel very proud of your club right now.

M

Marcus The Green

Ernie":5zwzxq8f said:
mikey":5zwzxq8f said:
esmer":5zwzxq8f said:

It is a complete cop out to just grin and bear whatever happens at the club. Do you not have a mind of your own ?

That could also be blamed on fans that stay away because of various excuses....it's too cold, man utd/liverpool/chelsea are on tv, i don't like the man running the club etc etc

B

bandwagon

Ernie":14mmxeyx said:
mikey":14mmxeyx said:
esmer":14mmxeyx said:

Well done Ernie - as you say, the sort that Stapleton and Argyle have conned for years!! Time to show these merchants some backbone!!

Sep 15, 2010
Wherever the money is
In the real world, of the non terminally tinted faithful, Argyle have done nothing to earn dedicated support.
Until that day comes, you will remain a minority group.
The club does have real potential support but it has to think and act big enough first. Something it has failed miserably to achieve in my lifetime.
Other clubs have done it and as a result have developed fanbases.
The 'same old Argyle' tag is very apt and well justified imo.

M

Marcus The Green

Ernie":34yyv8nw said:
In the real world, of the non terminally tinted faithful, Argyle have done nothing to earn dedicated support.
The club does have real potential support but it has to think and act big enough first. Something it has failed miserably to achieve in my lifetime.

There is another problem with our support, it is always divided. That isn't a problem on a website but at the ground supporting the players we should be united in get behind them. Argyle fans have a bad habit of berating players rather than supporting them....this has produced a situation where the players don't like playing at home & are nervous of the crowd reaction, making the football on show.....a bit poor to say the least.

B

blenks

Ernie":14mdtc61 said:

Now ain't that the truth.

Jul 12, 2004
If what has been said about a pre-pack is true then that will be the end for me until there is regime change.

You must, for god's sake, draw the line somewhere and this would be it. Doing anything else just adds to the immorality of football.

At least Aldershot Town will get a new supporter.