Not a red. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Not a red.

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":1sy8zdhk said:
Looked a red to me.

If it was one of their players making that tackle, we would have been screaming for a red.

At the end of the game l saw the tackle on the TV screen as they played the highlights.

I thought it was reckless, by which l mean he was out of control as he lunged for the ball.

It looked a red to me as well.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Sawyer struggled first half but was having a good second half until the sending off which was over the other end of the pitch from where I was, so couldn’t tell if it was a deserved red. Cooper is an infuriating player. The standard of his crossing, passing and shooting is not good enough and his tracking back is so lethargic as to be not worth bothering. Ok he was the assist for the goal, but it was as much about Danny Mayor's ability than his in the corner. I don’t think Cooper will be good enough for L1 when we go up this season.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Metal_Green_Mickey":2mtutocj said:
davie nine":2mtutocj said:
Looked a red to me.

If it was one of their players making that tackle, we would have been screaming for a red.

At the end of the game l saw the tackle on the TV screen as they played the highlights.

I thought it was reckless, by which l mean he was out of control as he lunged for the ball.

It looked a red to me as well.

Not to me ... or the Newport manager!!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Devongreenowl":2loo6z97 said:
Cooper is an infuriating player. The standard of his crossing, passing and shooting is not good enough .

Hang on a minute.... How many assists has he got so far this season?

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Second half I thought that Coops and Sawyer combined well against a fast, tricky opponent.
Coops has had more assists this season than anyone else but had a less effective game today because he was told to stay deeper because Gazza couldn't match their winger for pace. Some of Coops passing was rubbish today, though!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Emu":1lffbzdg said:
Devongreenowl":1lffbzdg said:
Cooper is an infuriating player. The standard of his crossing, passing and shooting is not good enough .

No idea. I do know that he over hits the majority of his crosses or hits the first defender. I also know he doesn’t track back enough, which is why we get attacked down our left side so much.

Jul 14, 2008
Devongreenowl":1fda4a7j said:
Emu":1fda4a7j said:
Devongreenowl":1fda4a7j said:

No idea. I do know that he over hits the majority of his crosses or hits the first defender. I also know he doesn’t track back enough, which is why we get attacked down our left side so much.

Cooper has 9 assists this season - 4th best in the league. Not good enough though apparently. He clearly isn’t a wing back so it’s a bit harsh to criticise his defensive play.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Devongreenowl":3224m3uu said:
Emu":3224m3uu said:
Devongreenowl":3224m3uu said:

Nor does he regularly hit the by-line to cross the ball and turn the defence. Too many crosses come from deep IMHO.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Can't believe the OP reckoned Sawyer "our worst player" :shock: He was terrific today especially against a very tricky winger who could burn him for pace and with precious little cover from Cooper (who had a mare). I was too far away to see the tackle - it did appear reckless though. Cooper has been good for us so far but really should have been hooked today - nothing went right for him - constantly gave away possession and putting us in trouble often mopped up by Sawyer.

Jul 14, 2008
Just looked at the highlights. Tackle for me looked like he took the ball in a hard tackle but the follow through caught the man. Yellow card in my opinion but probably no point appealing it as there’s no way it would be overturned as a clear error. I think the reaction of the Newport player got him sent off myself which is poor from the referee. I see the Newport manager agrees that it was harsh which says a lot.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Anyway back on topic, just seen the highlights - I don't think he can argue with the red. He was late and reckless.

If anyone had taken out one of our players like that, we'd expect a red.

Penlee

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 9, 2011
Stoke in Plymouth
monkeywrench":g5cnd2jb said:
Anyway back on topic, just seen the highlights - I don't think he can argue with the red. He was late and reckless.

If anyone had taken out one of our players like that, we'd expect a red.

Agree with this - there's no way we'll

a) appeal
b) win an appeal