Not a red. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Not a red.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There's a video on Twitter that just shows the red card incident. It's a full 20 seconds before any player approaches Green to see if he's ok and that first player was Bakinson.
In that time the Newport players are surrounding Sawyer with no thought of how seriously injured Green might have been.
As others have said, it's a well rehearsed routine from the Newport players.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Have to admit, at normal speed watching it back it looks a red. So unless there’s other footage which shows him making a clean tackle there will be no point at all in appealing. I’m sure Ryan Lowe will shuffle things about in his absence without too much trouble, but it does show why the extra defensive signing which many of us were calling for, ought to have been made in the window. I thought we needed another central defender anyway, unless the return of Aimson is imminent. It’s all gone very quiet on that front and I’m praying this is not going to turn into a season-ending injury for him.

Sep 2, 2008
Mike Charlick":1xununse said:
Devongreenowl":1xununse said:
Isn’t it likely that McFadzean will play in Sawyer’s position. He was on the bench yesterday and has a further week to continue building his fitness.

Sawyer is one 3 cbs. Don't see Fadz as a cb somehow. Josh Grant will slot in or Aimson must be close to fitness...

Could always slot Conor Grant in there. I'm not a fan of C.Grant but of the games I've seen him play, his best performances have come as a left back imo. Shouldn't be that difficult to change slightly to slot in as the left sided CB in a back 3

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Grant will be the replacement for a 3 man defence. I think the big change will be cooper being replaced by Fadz to offer more protection on the left

Jan 24, 2019
Cobi Budge":2ko47wsv said:
It certainly wasn’t a red card, I was directly in line in the Mayflower. Gaz went for the ball, it was touched past him, he made contact, yellow at most. Reaction of the Newport players swayed the ref. Gaz was very good today and didn’t deserve that.

It is a blatant red. He was rash and late.

Mar 23, 2008
Pottypilgrim":2zu1a8vk said:
up_the_line":2zu1a8vk said:
Stiffler":2zu1a8vk said:
The fact the opposition are targeting him speaks volumes, we were lucky the nippy winger is about as good at crossing as Riley was.

They're targeting the left side because Cooper is dross

Been saying this for a while. He plays more terrible passes than good ones and defensively he is really lacking. I hope we don't take up the option to buy him at the end of the season as there are far, far better players out there. Back on topic though....was a red from my pov. Sawyer was not in control of his tackle at all. He, and the attacker, were lucky that there wasn't a real connection as he could have seriously damaged him. Red card for dangerous play all day long as far as I'm concerned.
With some of the comments here, thank god Lowe is in charge! Cooper is a quality player and a massive reason why we are on the up, he does have limitations but what players in league 2 don't?

Sep 2, 2008
jimsing":1sixaii3 said:
A full back is slightly different to a centre back.

Are you new to football?

Not at all. Been following the game since I was knee high to a grasshopper (thats quite a few years) and have played at a decent level both in this Country and abroad. If a FB can't slot in as a CB then he really shouldn't be playing football, certainly not in a defensive role anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Sawyer played as LB before? I think you should be asking your question while standing in front of a mirror.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Pottypilgrim":117i6tvq said:
jimsing":117i6tvq said:

Are you new to football?

Not at all. Been following the game since I was knee high to a grasshopper (thats quite a few years) and have played at a decent level both in this Country and abroad. If a FB can't slot in as a CB then he really shouldn't be playing football, certainly not in a defensive role anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Sawyer played as LB before? I think you should be asking your question while standing in front of a mirror.

Ability in the air is required to play LCB in a three. Sawyer has it, Fadz doesn't.

Sep 2, 2008
RKB":mmbc9v43 said:
Pottypilgrim":mmbc9v43 said:
jimsing":mmbc9v43 said:

Are you new to football?

Ability in the air is required to play LCB in a three. Sawyer has it, Fadz doesn't.

I wasn't talking about Fadz playing there. If you want to quote me and get involved in the debate then at least get yourself fully informed.

Feb 8, 2005
Pottypilgrim":3dmy96cb said:
jimsing":3dmy96cb said:

Are you new to football?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Sawyer start his career as a centre back?

Your quote :-

"Could always slot Conor Grant in there. I'm not a fan of C.Grant but of the games I've seen him play, his best performances have come as a left back imo. Shouldn't be that difficult to change slightly to slot in as the left sided CB in a back 3"

Full backs are not centre backs, the jobs of both are very different. There are players that have the skills and experience of both, Sawyer being one of them, but you cannot slot a fullback into a centre back unless they have the skill to play both parts well.

Connor Grant isn't a centre back, let alone a full back. He is a midfielder, although he did do reasonably well at full back under Adams, I'll grant you that, but that does not mean he could slot into a centre back position just like that, does it?

Playing with three centre backs and two wing backs is totally different to playing with two centre backs and two fullbacks.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Have to say it looked a red to me. We all know that Gaz isn't a dirty player, but it was one of those tackles that could have caused an opponent serious injury. As others have said I don't think we will an appeal as I can't see it being deemed a "clear and obvious error". Gives Gaz the chance to have some time out and a chance to refresh the batteries in time for the rest of the season.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Lowe will have to consider if an appeal is worthwhile because if the FA think the appeal is frivolous they can add another game to the suspension and Sawyer will end up with a 4 game ban.

Jan 2, 2019
Just seen the tackle back on YouTube. It’s not the best angle but looked like a red card. You cannot jump in like Sawyer did anymore.