Not a red. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Not a red.

Jun 24, 2008
It's a red for me. The ball was there to get but it was lunge, dangerous and mis-timed.

Hopefully Josh Grant will be fit to replace him for his banned games.

Aug 5, 2016
WoodfordWall":3kvhuo9f said:
Just seen the tackle back on YouTube. It’s not the best angle but looked like a red card. You cannot jump in like Sawyer did anymore.

The lad Jordan Green was rapid and Sawyer simply mistimed his tackle slightly late.

If an opponent was running at you for a 50/50 and you set yourself up for a big challenge, only to realise that oponent was Linford Christie and he had run much further than you anticipated, you might end up laying a late one on him.

The way the Newport player got up in Gaz's face wasn't helpful, it wasn't malicious it was just clumsy.

Jul 12, 2016
5 pages of differing views on whether the tackle was worthy of a red card or not. Just shows how difficult the refs job is!

stewthenoo

Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 24, 2005
YELVERTON
Just to go slightly off topic, but still on the subject of red cards, how, if Sawyer's tackle was warranted a red card, was Raheem Stirling's on Deli Ali not? And that was subject to VAR!!! Ali must have been millimetres away from a broken ankle. Shocking.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
stewthenoo":21i5l8iq said:
Just to go slightly off topic, but still on the subject of red cards, how, if Sawyer's tackle was warranted a red card, was Raheem Stirling's on Deli Ali not? And that was subject to VAR!!! Ali must have been millimetres away from a broken ankle. Shocking.

Sterling's tackle should absolutely obviously been a red card - if the referee didn't see it then VAR showed it well enough. it was high and very dangerous.

I think Sawyer's tackle was a red card. he just dived in too aggessively and was late. I always consider what people would be thinking if it was the other way around (e.g. a Newport defender on, say, Danny Mayor). I doubt that there would be any Argyle fans who would be saying it was a yellow in that case.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Just watched the highlights. When Green gets the ball, he miscontrols it, it catches his knee and shoots off a good five yards in front of him. That is the ball that GS goes for.
Unfortunately, Green is very, very quick so, as GS got there he had already got a touch to the ball, which looked impossible when it came off his knee. A bad tackle but mistimed, misjudged not intended to hurt anyone, not likely to as Green went across him.
Still, Green stayed down rubbing his knee until his team had done their work. Then he jumped up and sprinted rapidly within a minute.
How old is Green? Pace to burn by that show!!

Jul 12, 2016
TinTin":31hm750b said:
oldage":31hm750b said:
5 pages of differing views on whether the tackle was worthy of a red card or not. Just shows how difficult the refs job is!

True.

But, you DO know the laws of the game and its repercussions,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the rest is quite simple ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:
I am an ex referee so hopefully know the laws of the game.

Jan 29, 2020
Looked a red the minute he made the tackle. Said as much to my friend who was on his phone so missed it :sigh: