Not a red. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Not a red.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Penlee":365x8anj said:
monkeywrench":365x8anj said:
Anyway back on topic, just seen the highlights - I don't think he can argue with the red. He was late and reckless.

If anyone had taken out one of our players like that, we'd expect a red.

Agree with this - there's no way we'll

a) appeal
b) win an appeal

Lowe didn't sound overly confident about the appeal in the interview.

I'd take it as an opportunity for Sawyer to have a break (especially after the 2 knocks to the head he got last week) and come back fully refreshed. He's been targeted all season and has done fantastic dealing with it, he deserves a rest.

Mar 8, 2016
Will that be a 3 match suspension for sawyer now? Looking at the highlights there is no way argyle will appeal it. He’s been solid recently too.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
I honestly cannot believe some of the comments on here. Gary Sawyer, after a tricky opening against him, coped with Green brilliantly after that. Forget Gaz's lack of pace, there is no left sided defender in League 2 that would keep up with Green in a foot race- he is lightning.
Yes, he got it wrong with 5 minutes to go, but in my opinion was one of the main reasons we won 3 points yesterday, in what was a below par performance by the team overall.
And George Cooper has 9 assists. Yes, the defensive part of his game needs work, but how many points has he won us with those wonderfully curled left footed balls into the box, or over the top of the defence?

We won, we are 3rd, we have won 6 and drawn 1 of our last 7 games.

FourMarkGreen

Jam First
May 25, 2016
Metal_Green_Mickey":1u3bznik said:
davie nine":1u3bznik said:
Looked a red to me.

If it was one of their players making that tackle, we would have been screaming for a red.

I thought it was reckless, by which l mean he was out of control as he lunged for the ball.

It looked a red to me as well.
Pretty much this. We all know Sawyer's not a dirty player but he mistimed that challenge. Suck the punishment up, have a rest and come back refreshed. I'm sure Lowe recognises his qualities.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
If Josh Grant is still injured for the Colchester game then we have a serious problem in Sawyer's position.
Bakinson played there for the last 10 minutes against Newport but I'm not sure he could cope with playing a full game in that position.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
PL2 3DQ":f0eypstk said:
If Josh Grant is still injured for the Colchester game then we have a serious problem in Sawyer's position.
Bakinson played there for the last 10 minutes against Newport but I'm not sure he could cope with playing a full game in that position.

May have to go 4 at the back if only 2 centre backs are available. We could move Bakinson for into the middle of the three and move Canavan left for balance. But then we would miss both Bakinson and Josh Grant as the enforcing presence in front of the defence. Hopefully Grant will be fit because it’s going to be a very tough game.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":12e4guw0 said:

Seem to remember Lowe saying Aimson will be back end January, but, that hasn't been the case. Is he training yet?

Jul 12, 2016
cheshiregreen":1o34v4sw said:
PL2 3DQ":1o34v4sw said:

Seem to remember Lowe saying Aimson will be back end January, but, that hasn't been the case. Is he training yet?
Not sure many can remember what he looks like so difficult to answer!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It’s a red for me unfortunately.

He wasn’t in control of his tackle and the other player could have been injured had he not reacted.

We could appeal but we risk further punishment if the panel deem it worthy of being a sending off offence.

davie nine said:
Looked a red to me.

If it was one of their players making that tackle, we would have been screaming for a red.

Certainly agree.

As an ex-referee, you KNOW what to expect from SOME PLAYERS ?

Some you do NOT ?

I will leave you to make up your own mind.

But a red all day for me....................and longer !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
up_the_line":2ah8k6um said:
jerryatricjanner":2ah8k6um said:
up_the_line":2ah8k6um said:
Stiffler":2ah8k6um said:
The fact the opposition are targeting him speaks volumes, we were lucky the nippy winger is about as good at crossing as Riley was.

They're targeting the left side because Cooper is dross
Very harsh UPL. He has God knows how many assists now, it is maybe a small price to pay if his defensive qualities are lacking a little. Fadz for sure is more reliable that way but he doesn't create like Cooper. Loved the Love Island comment though.

You sure?
How many goals/assists did Fadz get up to before injury?

Cooper involved in 11 goals, McFadzean just 6

https://www.espn.com/soccer/team/stats/_/id/307

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Devongreenowl":x6t0ydmj said:
Isn’t it likely that McFadzean will play in Sawyer’s position. He was on the bench yesterday and has a further week to continue building his fitness.

Sawyer is one 3 cbs. Don't see Fadz as a cb somehow. Josh Grant will slot in or Aimson must be close to fitness...