Ryan Hardie what's wrong? | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Hardie what's wrong?

Feb 8, 2005
It really wasn't that acute. At that level it should be scored. Chances like that don't come very often. He's a good League 1 striker. Has many limitations and his finishing blows hot and cold. We need more than that.
We do, but you have to admit that all of our players are limited, in relation to the players that we play against.

Hardie is one who will score you goals, but can he cope with the pressure?

Reactions: Mexijan1

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Correct. We had alternative options last season - Ennis and Cosgrove. I find it really strange that we’ve now had two windows since they left and we still haven’t signed another striker, even a L1 level kind of striker would have been better than nobody at all.
We signed Morgs and Bundu in the summer plus technically Hardie.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
In terms of Hardie all strikers go through droughts yesterday their Manager had Gunn as MoM. Hardie just needs a mis-hit or butt deflection to go in. We need him to get his mojo back quick though.

Reactions: BrixtonGreen

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
We do, but you have to admit that all of our players are limited, in relation to the players that we play against.

Hardie is one who will score you goals, but can he cope with the pressure?
I know it's a classic footballism but he is still getting onto the chances could have had 3 or 4 in the last few games, I would be more worried if he hadn't had a sniff but Ryan, Ryan, RYAN need Hotdogs back now!!!!! please, please, please, please, please, please.....

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
His decision making is the issue.

At Blackburn in his first half miss it looked easier to just lift the ball over the keeper rather than the choice he made.

Today his second half chance saw him hit Gunn's leg as opposed to his usual more composed finish.
Guess he aimed at Gunn! How about the keeper stopped it.. be praising Hazard if he did

Reactions: oldage
May 4, 2012
Sunderland
It really wasn't that acute. At that level it should be scored. Chances like that don't come very often. He's a good League 1 striker. Has many limitations and his finishing blows hot and cold. We need more than that.
He's one of the highest scoring strikers in the Championship. He's far more than a good League 1 striker.

He's a confidence player, always has been. For much of the last two months he's been completely starved of opportunities. You're never going to get the best out of him playing that way. He should have scored a couple v Blackburn, I haven't seen the chance from yesterday but plenty saying he should have scored that too. If he'd been in form I'm confident that he'd have scored more, but the way we're playing hasn't allowed him to hit form.

Mar 23, 2008
He's a streaky goalscorer and is currently going through a rough patch just when we need him.
He just might get something like 5 goals from the final 7 games.

This season: 5 goals in first 8 games and then one goal in the next 12 games followed by 6 goals in 9 games and then the current run of one goal in 9.

Last season: 7 goals in 14 games, followed by 3 goals in 17 games, and then 7 in 11 and then no goals in 12.

2021/2022: 10 goals in 13 games, 2 in 18 games and then 7 in 10 games.

2020/2021: 6 goals all season.

2019/2020: 7 goals in 13 games.
We knew he was streaky but crikey those stats really drive home that point don't they! Let's hope he's due a purple patch 🤞

Jul 12, 2016
What has happened to Ryan, he was so damn clinical earlier in the season, now he can't get a goal.
Is it the tactics, his confidence, as he just lost his mojo? It is very worrying. I think he needs a rest, maybe start with Bundu on Monday.
All strikers going through barren patches. He wouldn’t be playing for us if he consistently hit 20 goals a season. Shows how fickle some fans are. A few weeks ago he was touted to play for Scotland.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Nothing is wrong with Hardie it’s well known he goes through patches of scoring goals then goes through a spell of not

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
We signed Morgs and Bundu in the summer plus technically Hardie.

Bundu and Whittaker aren’t really strikers.

For the CF position we only have Hardie and Waine, which is woefully short for this level, people will disagree but I’d have taken Cosgrove back, he wouldn’t have been my first choice, but he’d have been better than nobody at all.

Reactions: Said old Green

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
We definitely needed more up front but Cosgrove... do me a favour.

He's already flopped big time at this level with Birmingham.

IPA

Aug 26, 2012
The 'real' capital of Devon
I've said since last season that Hardie is a better player when coming off the bench when there seems to be less pressure on him.

The problem is the lack of like for like replacements for him. Wayne isn't ready to lead the line at Championship level yet and Bundu lacks the pace to run the channels although he is physically stronger and not scared to head the ball.

It's Hobson's choice for Foster unfortunately and once again that comes back to poor recruitment in January.