Ryan Lowe press conference Tuesday on joining Argyle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Ryan Lowe press conference Tuesday on joining Argyle

Nov 22, 2006
Nice to hear him say players want to come here and play for Argyle and play for him, hopefully see a few new faces in the next week or two :scarf: :scarf:

Nov 18, 2011
The Doctor":2ki3vhqz said:
monkeywrench":2ki3vhqz said:

Boy does he know how to work an audience of football club fans and tell them exactly what they want to hear!

Taking a leaf out of Ollie's book :think:

You'd think any manager would want to say the crowd pleasing stuff and get the fans on side but Derek never seemed that fussed about it.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
katkin":zsrmr9qy said:
It would be interesting to know if hes moved/moving his family down with him
RL's family arrangements really are none of our business are they. Let's all just focus on our team, style of play and results :scarf:

Aug 5, 2016
Biggs":9vyqdx3f said:
the internet experts weighed in with the baseless opinion that the Liverpudlian who had never played further south than Milton Keynes during a prolific career as a lower league forward did not want to come to Plymouth.

Ouch! What could Rick be talking about? :greensmile:

Divisive, inflammatory and unprofessional as usual from Rick Cowdery.

The fact is the club went a month with nothing but silence, while the candidate in question went on television to state he wouldn't be managing in League Two. Hardly surprising there were some scratched heads after that.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
David Friio's mate":33sywqsy said:
monkeywrench":33sywqsy said:

A real shame Cowdery can't resist having a little pop at fans, even in an article that should be 100% positive. What an absolute tool of a man.

Lowe comes across brilliantly though - it should be an exciting season.

There was just no need for it on a feel good factor day, he hasn't learnt and has used the club website, the official mouthpiece of the club, to pop at fans for years.

David Friio's mate

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Knibbsworth":1bnmtgyr said:
Biggs":1bnmtgyr said:
the internet experts weighed in with the baseless opinion that the Liverpudlian who had never played further south than Milton Keynes during a prolific career as a lower league forward did not want to come to Plymouth.

Ouch! What could Rick be talking about? :greensmile:

Divisive, inflammatory and unprofessional as usual from Rick Cowdery.

The fact is the club went a month with nothing but silence, while the candidate in question went on television to state he wouldn't be managing in League Two. Hardly surprising there were some scratched heads after that.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Very unprofessional and antagonistic, the latest example in a long line from Cowdery, a club employee who seems to hold fans in contempt - fans who helped pay his wages when we were in administration. What an arse.

Hopefully the new CEO takes note.

Back to Lowe though - I'm excited about next season now, and I didn't think that was possible after that Stanley game. Get some signings on board now Ryan so we can all start getting carried away :scarf:

Sep 7, 2006
Cowdery is an absolute pillock of the highest order. How can a supposed professional totally misjudge the mood in a publicity article?

Those sorts of opinions should stay in your head, you frikkin doughnut. I'm pretty confident that if you had as much information as the people on PASOTI, you'd probably be the biggest nonsense-spouting, head-up-your-own-arris, keyboard-know-it-alls of them all.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Does anyone know if the press conference is going to be available to view online please ?.

Loving the sound of Ryan, I kept out of the whole will he/won't he in the lead up to his appointment, but I feel this is an incredibly positive appointment for both Argyle and Ryan, the first step in the right direction after last seasons disappointments.

Ryan Lowe's green and white army.

Mark58

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
May 16, 2016
"Itā€™s good that I have got players ringing me personally, saying that they want to come and play for Argyle. They know all about the club, the fan-base, everything else about it. They want to be a part of it, which is nice."

Good to read stuff like this. Makes me realise that when neutrally viewed from the outside, maybe Argyle are a bit special and that it's only our own Fans that like to run the Club down ;)

Mar 21, 2006
ā€œWhen a club like Argyle come for you - well itā€™s a no-brainerā€

:clap: :scarf:

Aug 10, 2006
PL2 3DQ":2udqeyqm said:
Looking at the pre-season schedule for Argyle and Rangers and with Rangers playing Europa qualifying games on July 25 and August 1 it looks impossible to fit in a friendly game. Hopefully, as mentioned, a date becomes spare.

Oxford United play Rangers at Ibrox!! That's a scoop for Oxford.
27th or 28th july ibrox flight back from amsterdam to glasgow that would be nice.